Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Part E "sound" compliance complaints

• 09-02-2021 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi guys,

We believe we have a case that part E of the building regs have not been fully complied with in our new build. Who can we actually go to and report this to if the developer is not playing ball. No joy hearing back from the local authority at all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Building control authority.
    What evidence have you got to back up your claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Not looking to debate if I have evidence thanks. Just looking for information on where to raise concerns in general. Sorry forgot to say I emailed the local authority but absolutely no reply. Trying them for weeks. Thanks for reply.

pj12332 wrote: »
    Not looking to debate if I have evidence thanks. Just looking for information on where to raise concerns in general. Sorry forgot to say I emailed the local authority but absolutely no reply. Trying them for weeks. Thanks for reply.

Reason I ask is that the will ask you the same question.
    If you cannot provide any evidence to the contrary the BCA cannot entertain it. They will not go into your home and carry out sound testing etc

Have you asked your developer for a copy of the sound test?

Also, who did you email?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Gumbo wrote: »
    Reason I ask is that the will ask you the same question.
    If you cannot provide any evidence to the contrary the BCA cannot entertain it. They will go into your home and carry out sound testing etc

Have you asked your developer for a copy of the sound test?

Also, who did you email?

Yes we have requested an inspection from the council. We have sent them an email with evidence showing no Insulation between floors and evidence from the regs that state there should be sound insulation in the areas we highlighted. I emailed building control.

We are working to try and get an inspection as we can literally here anytime from another room. Light switches, fridge opening, talking and walking and people going to the toilet. Not surprising with absolutely no sound barrier in place.

pj12332 wrote: »
    Yes we have requested an inspection from the council. We have sent them an email with evidence showing no Insulation between floors and evidence from the regs that state there should be sound insulation in the areas we highlighted. I emailed building control.

We are working to try and get an inspection as we can literally here anytime from another room. Light switches, fridge opening, talking and walking and people going to the toilet. Not surprising with absolutely no sound barrier in place.

Building control will not inspect a Private residence based on the info at hand.
    What Local authority are you in?

Is this an apartment?
    House?

• Advertisement
Advertisement