Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Commencement notice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jeepsterboy

yes, you might be right................

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I know I am right! :p

If you don't engage some sort of professional for the construction stages and if you ever want to sell, or re-mortgage, the house, it may bight back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

And some Building Control Sections will look at the submitted drawings and if they are marked as Planning Only, they will invalidate the Notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boe

We are in similar position, have planning permission we now need to submit separate drawings for commencement notice, I.e. ground floor slab/rising walls, cills/lintels, wall plate/roof details. This is despite the fact we submitted commencement notice with opt out declaration! Any idea of the cost of getting these drawings done? Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

boe wrote: »
    We are in similar position, have planning permission we now need to submit separate drawings for commencement notice, I.e. ground floor slab/rising walls, cills/lintels, wall plate/roof details. This is despite the fact we submitted commencement notice with opt out declaration! Any idea of the cost of getting these drawings done? Thanks

'Opt Out' actually means you are MORE in need of building reg compliant drawings than not

You need to show the council that you know how to comply with building regs... at least on an 'Opt In' the council know theres someone engaged that will ensure full compliance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

boe wrote: »

Proper and correct order.
    You’ve opted out of statutory certification through the BCAR System, you have t opted out of Building Regulation Compliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

The big problem is if you ever need to sell the house you need to be able to prove compliance to the purchasers solicitor.

Advertisement