Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Menas's happy thread

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

End of the first full week back. Thank fook!

See you in hell* - ya worky bastardin office!

*on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The eldest was away in London for a few days break, and got back after I was asleep last night. I was really, really happy to see her face this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The whole family is home after a very enjoyable week away.

Children are asleep in their beds, came home to a clean and tidy house (thanks to our cleaning lady), cases are unpacked and the first load of washing is done, doggy is back too after being spoiled rotten at a friends (same friend looked a lot happier in themselves than when I left and is now considering getting their own doggy), pot of homemade soup with lots of ginger and garlic simmering on the cooker for tomorrow smelling delish, got some lovely treats/bargains when away, started feeling baby moving in the last few days, just off theohone to my mammy and to top it all planning an early night with the electric blanket heating up ..... Life Is Good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Well you little fecker. I have a craving for a bowl of homemade soup now. Feck......:-)

• Advertisement

I've been thinking about how free I am and how wonderful it feels :) Today I did exactly as I pleased. I woke at whatever time suited me. Ate what I want. Drank what I want. Thought about moving country and knowing that I can do that is very empowering. When tomorrow comes that day will also be mine.

I have just organised a two night stay in Galway to hang with one of my favourite people and see John Grant play :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

In bed with a cup of tea and my cat snoozing between my legs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Medusa22 wrote: »
    In bed with a cup of tea and my cat snoozing between my legs :)

Giving your 'cat' time to recover after it's latest 'battle' with the plastic one eyed warrior??? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

kfallon wrote: »
    Giving your 'cat' time to recover after it's latest 'battle' with the plastic one eyed warrior??? :pac:

It's made of silicone actually :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm prepped for the week ahead (well the first half).

I've made homemade garlicky baked beans and had them with grated mature cheddar on top (all melted in) on toast. My first time trying it and it was surprisingly good.

Have also cooked up a chicken thigh tomato and pepper casserole for tomorrows lunch /dinner. So simple, tasty and reheats really well.

Also baked BBQ chicken drumsticks with paprika and chilli powder for packed lunches and snacks.

And there are the makings of a leek and squash soup in the fridge for throwing together tomorrow.

That'll be me, hubby and kiddies sorted for the next few days. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I had a fantastic sleep, must have been the two dinners I had last night. :pac: Yeah I'm not even ashamed that I had two dinners. :p

• rosie16 wrote: »
    I had a fantastic sleep, must have been the two dinners I had last night. :pac: Yeah I'm not even ashamed that I had two dinners. :p

That post made me laugh. And laughing makes me happy! :)

I just remembered the word insouciance when I used it a moment ago. What a great word. I'm going to use it a lot today, and that's going to make me happy.

I'm also just delighted it's Thursday, because Thursday is tamale day and I love Tamale Thursday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I found a forgotten biscuit selection box from Christmas. **** yeah!!

Advertisement