Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is it hard to get planning permission on new built houses?

Options
  • 25-02-2021 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I saw on an attic conversion company that it was pretty much impossible.Can anyone confirm if this is true.

Edit:Post was unclear so what I mean is I would like to get a dormer installed,is it true that I will not get PP if I apply for it as I have a new built house.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Need more information as what you are talking about? Your thread title and post is a little vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Need more information as what you are talking about? Your thread title and post is a little vague.

I’ve tried to make it a bit more clear.Thanks for the suggestion

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Is the house a new one off house or a house in a new estate?

Without knowing the context, I would not say that it is not possible to get planning permission. All depends on the size of the dormer, style of dormer in relation to existing house and context (what's beside you, what's behind you, are there other dormers in the vicinity, etc.).

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Is the house a new one off house or a house in a new estate?

Without knowing the context, I would not say that it is not possible to get planning permission. All depends on the size of the dormer, style of dormer in relation to existing house and context (what's beside you, what's behind you, are there other dormers in the vicinity, etc.).

New house in a relatively new estate (less than 5 years old)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Also, what county in Ireland were you looking to get planning permission?

• Advertisement

Also, what county in Ireland were you looking to get planning permission?

Dublin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Should be ok subject to planning permission.
    There is no hard and fast rule that says you won’t get planning,,but if it’s done to compliment the building and not too overbearing then you have a good chance.

Advertisement