Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭steves2

shops do the "Max 4 per person" thing in order to create panic, they won't care if you come in and out a couple times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Question was asked in last thread re expected offer on ardfallen whiskey in Aldi - it'll be €20 from Tuesday for a litre

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭EletricMan

The two slabs for 35e in Tesco not showing the discount on my online order even though its advertised and my order Is before the end date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Mimon wrote: »
    What's Rockshore lager like?

Vaguely lager flavoured water. Waste of effort drinking it!

Can anyone confirm if the Baileys is 10e in Tesco, or any other shop? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭brodsy

Can anyone confirm if the Baileys is 10e in Tesco, or any other shop? Thanks

Yes €10 in Tesco earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

8 pack of Guinness (500ml) in dunnes down to €11. 6 x 8 = 48 cans for €66 less €10 off €50 spend = €28 for full size slab. Less if you have a couple of other postal vouchers.

I had

/hic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

POBox19 wrote: »
    Bland basic lager, I wouldn't rate it against Carlsberg or Heineken.

You just named two bland basic lagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

8 pack of Guinness (500ml) in dunnes down to €11. 6 x 8 = 48 cans for €66 less €10 off €50 spend = €28 for full size slab. Less if you have a couple of other postal vouchers.

I had

/hic

The 12 packs at 15.50 work out a bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Chateauneuf du pape is €15 a bottle in SuperValu and you get another €10er off if you buy 6.

So world out at €80 for 6 bottles (€13.33) of a very nice wine- great for gifting to people and, obviously, drinking yourself.

Good deal IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I’m not really a lager snob & don’t go on about drinking this or that beer defining your whole being, etc. But rock shore is especially weak flavoured

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I like Rockshore, it's a refreshing drink. It is fine if you want to have one or two and have to work the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭deisedav

Carling 500ml ×24 for €20 in lidl Waterford actually on the shelf, couldn't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I like Rockshore, it's a refreshing drink. It is fine if you want to have one or two and have to work the next day.

So is any beer though, what’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Thanks
    would you recommend it versus Jameson or tullamore dew or bush mills
    Question was asked in last thread re expected offer on ardfallen whiskey in Aldi - it'll be €20 from Tuesday for a litre

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

GY A1 wrote: »
    Thanks

It's your basic blended Irish whiskey (from West Cork Distillers), so comparable with the above in terms of quality.

On a subjective level I'd prefer Jameson or Tullamore Dew but that comes down to taste preference. Worth a punt at that price for sure.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Just picked up 2 slabs of carlsberg in tesco for €30, had a €5 of €25 voucher, €15 a case isn't to bad at all, have another voucher for tomorrow and will partake in another 2 slabs. Thanks for the heads up on that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Got 24 x 500ml Carlsberg in Tesco today for €20. Thanks to those on here for pointing out it was for sale at that price.

So is any beer though, what’s your point?

You wander in here asking a question that's been answered 100 times and then hang around to be a pr1ck to someone answering a different question?

You wander in here asking a question that's been answered 100 times and then hang around to be a pr1ck to someone answering a different question?

You’re reading my post too literally. I’m asking a question.

Beer like most cold beverages is refreshing so I’m wondering why anyone would choose to drink rockshore. It’s pure piss water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Anyone tried the below

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-drinks/12-beers-of-christmas-selection-box/p55413

Would try most things except for the stout

Wondering to try them out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

Anyone tried the below

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/christmas-drinks/12-beers-of-christmas-selection-box/p55413

i would say you need it after jose and spurs :D

You’re reading my post too literally. I’m asking a question.

Beer like most cold beverages is refreshing so I’m wondering why anyone would choose to drink rockshore. It’s pure piss water.

No, you were being an asshole. Their point was very clear fron the first three words of the post. They said they liked it.

Anyone tried the below

Ironically that’s the stout is the only one I want out of it. The rest are descent beer to be fair but the reserve stout looks interesting.

It’s a bargain though no matter what way you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

A few on here clearly leathering into the cheap slabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

bassy wrote: »
    i would say you need it after jose and spurs :D

To quote Airplane

https://images.app.goo.gl/qsTc2xGJipJ5oYRKA

Its the dunleary of beers- very close to water

GY A1 wrote: »
    Thanks

I've never tasted it! Was just replying to a question asked in the last thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Equivalent of a bud or coors. Wouldn’t be for me but if you’re into that type of light beer go for it.

Thanks. Not for me. I like my craft beer. Have to pick a slab of lager for a buddy who said he's not fussy about the type.

Was thinking at 3 or 4 in the morning I may run out and would be good if I have to ask him for a can or two that it is half drinkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Smurts

Ironically that’s the stout is the only one I want out of it. The rest are descent beer to be fair but the reserve stout looks interesting.

It’s a bargain though no matter what way you look at it.

What you said. Would love to give the new stout a try. Crafty Stout is one of my favourites. Can’t find these boxes though in the couple of Lidl’s I’ve tried

Advertisement