Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dawson Wilson, 6yo, Crumlin Dublin, Missing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

maybe they found him and forgot to update the page?

/page wont load for me

It's a picture of a little girl.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

I'm very surprised that wasn't in the News.

If a child goes missing I would expect it to be all over the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That's a boy? :eek:

Hope he / she's found soon either way. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

That's the picture on the crime.ie website too.

Mods, I'm not techie enough to quote link for people on mobiles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Jesus, I never realised there were so many missing people in Ireland.
    God help their them and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Has it been reported at all? It's probably a domestic/parental dispute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

OP is right, strange that no newspapers have picked anything up, even a google search brings up practically nothing. Hopefully he comes home safe and sound.

http://crime.ie/20120626/missing-child-dawson-wilson/

There isn't much info at all about him on Trace Missing Ireland or crime.ie.

Why would it take a week for a missing 6 yr old to get media coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

More than meets the eye if the media haven't got wind of this, missing child is media gold.

Hope the poor child gets home safe and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Jesus, i find it hard to believe a 6 year old can be missing a full week and hardly anyone has heard of it - is there more to this than a simple missing persons case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

hope he is found

Perhaps boards admin could create a sticky for all forums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

There isn't much info at all about him on Trace Missing Ireland or crime.ie.

Why would it take a week for a missing 6 yr old to get media coverage?

Probably with one of the parents and in no danger. It's not the same as a child that goes missing and parents report it.

It's still strange. Wouldn't they give more info like "Last seen with this woman/man" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It's probably that they know who has him and they thought it could be sorted out quietly, happens a lot apparently.

if this turns out to be true, i'd be asking serious questions of the guards on this one (i'm not a guard basher poster btw) unless there is some underlying reason they havent been shouting this from the hilltop :confused:

Lux23 wrote: »
    It's probably that they know who has him and they thought it could be sorted out quietly, happens a lot apparently.

i'm not doubting you but out of curiousity how do you know that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

It sounds as though it may be the result of a domestic dispute, and hopefully there is no serious prospect of the boy being in any danger.

I'm sure this is no consolation to whoever is missing him, but if that were the case then at least his disappearance would be a result of too many people loving him, instead of wanting to do him any harm.

Still, lets hope he is found safe and well soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

davet82 wrote: »
    i'm not doubting you but out of curiousity how do you know that?

I don't know for sure but parents fight over their children all the time which can lead to the police commencing a missing person's inquiry. Sometimes it can cause more trouble if they go on the airwaves screaming about a missing child so they do it on the quiet.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I don't know for sure but parents fight over their children all the time which can lead to the police commencing a missing person's inquiry. Sometimes it can cause more trouble if they go on the airwaves screaming about a missing child so they do it on the quiet.

makes sense i suppose depending on the situation

well i hope the little boy finds his way home safe and sound

It's still strange. Wouldn't they give more info like "Last seen with this woman/man" ?

It's not strange at all, it happens all the time. This parent might have custody and the other parent reported the child missing, they are probably on holiday.

hondasam wrote: »
    It's not strange at all, it happens all the time. This parent might have custody and the other parent reported the child missing, they are probably on holiday.

If that were the case, why would the Gardai need to place the boy on their missing persons page ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

What's with the amount of Japanese, Korean or whatever people on that list?

If that were the case, why would the Gardai need to place the boy on their missing persons page ?

Because someone reported him missing, most likely a parent has taken the child out of the country and it's to highlight it.
    Do you think if this child actually went missing without either parent having any knowledge of it the gardai and media would keep it quiet?
    I would say it's a custody battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Not all missing persons get reported in the media, far from it. Hopefully it is just a custody thing with the parents

Well until I know otherwise, I will keep bumping this thread and sharing facebook link.

I do hope it's just a domestic.

Well until I know otherwise, I will keep bumping this thread and sharing facebook link.

I do hope it's just a domestic.

I think rte news might be highlighting it if it were an actual missing child ie not with one of the parents.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

he lives just down the road from me about 10 min walk
    never seen him but will keep a look out
    hope he comes home safe

Advertisement