Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Medion Akoya P4020D (MS-7621) BIOS to use for recovery

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lasssk

bravo bravo I succeeded without removing the bios chip and without any soldering. I used the CH341A programmer with the help of the contact pliers. the memory reading did not work on the memory stuck on the motherboard, but without being able to read the result Bios was written correctly. Shame on Medion for keeping on site this bios 109, which because of the date, seems to be an upgrade to the MS-7621 board...
    thank you thank you thank you Tenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's been 3 years, if you'd put away a Euro a day you'd have a power house new build now :pac:

Tenshot wrote: »
    That's great news! Thanks for letting me know :-)

Unfortunately, the screen has started to go on my own Medion in the past 2-3 weeks -- it flickers for several seconds at power on, then fades to black. The rest of the computer is still working perfectly, so hopefully I can get it repaired.

what was wrong then?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Lasssk wrote: »
    what was wrong then?
    I couldn't identify a specific cause, and it didn't seem worth it to get it professionally repaired given the age of the system. A few weeks after my last message, the screen went completely. So, reluctantly it went to the great recycling centre in the sky (I salvaged the memory and hard drive first).

Co-incidentally, a month earlier I'd picked up a nice 27" touchscreen Dell i7 All-in-one, and that's still going strong as our kitchen computer - the family love the huge screen.

Delighted to hear your own Medion is now back up and running though!

Tenshot wrote: »
    I couldn't identify a specific cause, and it didn't seem worth it to get it professionally repaired given the age of the system. A few weeks after my last message, the screen went completely. So, reluctantly it went to the great recycling centre in the sky (I salvaged the memory and hard drive first).

Co-incidentally, a month earlier I'd picked up a nice 27" touchscreen Dell i7 All-in-one, and that's still going strong as our kitchen computer - the family love the huge screen.

Delighted to hear your own Medion is now back up and running though!

I upgraded to T9500 and SSD of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 doruletz

Hi,

I would like to know where I can download this version of BIOS and if it can be upgraded normally without other boards and programs ...

With version 1.09 I have frequent problems since I upgraded ...

Sincerely,

Doruletz

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

You can download the original files I started with at https://tinyurl.com/medionp4020bios

Then copy the 2.07 ROM from the 'Original flash' folder into either the 32-bit or 64-bit folders, depending on what version of Windows you are running. Edit the flash.bat file to reference the 2.07 ROM, then follow the instructions in the PDF.

This should allow you to install the 2.07 ROM from Windows without resorting to opening the case or using hardware mods. But be warned, make sure you are definitely on the MSI-7621 motherboard or you may brick your PC instead. It's about five years since I last had access to one of these machines, so proceed entirely at your own risk! I make no claim that this is a safe or reliable procedure to try.

Advertisement