Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best nightclubs in Belfast?

Options
  • 21-01-2008 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

For me it has to be Thompsons - class music + dj's, full of characters and open till a decent hour of the morning.
    A new club which I haven't been to yet know as the warehouse also looks promising. You can check it out on bebo i believe.
    The union is deadly on occasion but too big for my liking..
    Parlour - good buzz on monday night, decent dj and free in
    Bot - I prefer to warm up there with a few drinks than stay the whole night - gets totally jammers sometimes.
    M-club - fairly good dance music goin on there - I haven't been in since it was done up though. They do good drink promotions too. (don't forget your student card btw)
    Stiff Kitten - Can be great with loads of friends, dj quality varies though
    Beach Club - standard night out - its grand but too far off in the odyssey imo
    Box - same as above, marginally better than beach club.
    Places I want to go to are Yellow (although its a tenner in) and the fly - (it looks poor from the outside though)
    Would also like to visit the Kremlin (gay + lesbian club) apparently its pretty crazy inside.

Please feel free to post up or argue with anything i've said + inform me of any new or interesting spots you've been to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

For me it has to be Thompsons - class music + dj's, full of characters and open till a decent hour of the morning.
    A new club which I haven't been to yet know as the warehouse also looks promising. You can check it out on bebo i believe.
    The union is deadly on occasion but too big for my liking..
    Parlour - good buzz on monday night, decent dj and free in
    Bot - I prefer to warm up there with a few drinks than stay the whole night - gets totally jammers sometimes.
    M-club - fairly good dance music goin on there - I haven't been in since it was done up though. They do good drink promotions too. (don't forget your student card btw)
    Stiff Kitten - Can be great with loads of friends, dj quality varies though
    Beach Club - standard night out - its grand but too far off in the odyssey imo
    Box - same as above, marginally better than beach club.
    Places I want to go to are Yellow (although its a tenner in) and the fly - (it looks poor from the outside though)
    Would also like to visit the Kremlin (gay + lesbian club) apparently its pretty crazy inside.

Please feel free to post up or argue with anything i've said + inform me of any new or interesting spots you've been to.

ya forgot the limelight and spring and air break, which i feel are pretty good nights out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Limelight

Limelight

yeah the limelight wat u saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 monters

the slime****e is crap - go to beach club for a decent nite out

Beach Club

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

New club 'Deez' just opened, formerly Hunters. It's ****e unfortunately, don't go. Went to Kremlin as well there the other day.. it's actually quite good, it's huge but somewhat strange obviously. Mixed toilets:eek:
    I really want to go to warehouse on Sundays but nobody here likes electro:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Lol I'd agree about the Kremlin , I've been told time and time again that it leads to some of the maddest nights out you can come cross ... I'm yet to try it but it sounds err, interesting.

Slimelight , limesh*te , whatever you want to call it I'm down on the list of people who don't like it.

The parlour is always a bit of craic but on a much smaller scale and there usually is great music there too , a wide mix of just about everything . Saves the price of a taxi too if your a student . Only drawback is it can be quite an addictive place, everyone experiences a time when they want to go there and there only :D

Lol I'd agree about the Kremlin , I've been told time and time again that it leads to some of the maddest nights out you can come cross ... I'm yet to try it but it sounds err, interesting.

Slimelight , limesh*te , whatever you want to call it I'm down on the list of people who don't like it.

The parlour is always a bit of craic but on a much smaller scale and there usually is great music there too , a wide mix of just about everything . Saves the price of a taxi too if your a student . Only drawback is it can be quite an addictive place, everyone experiences a time when they want to go there and there only :D

and plus its very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

you really can't look beyond the Slimer for a good night of rockin tunes and heat exhaustion

slimer?

• Advertisement

slimelight limelight. spring and airbreak is the only decent thing goin for it, good value on a tuesday though..
    Oh been to yellow now as well - its a good night out. The floor is made of glass! and some weird ladyboy seems to run the show

its not that great, thats my opinion anyways, pound a vodka last tuesday night helped i suspose. i just dont like it. £1 a drink in m club

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Scratch (formerly the Fly)

Ollies (expensive but if you're going for a big night out why not!)

Karma (haven't been v.often but had a good night when I was there, but prob a bit rough compared to other places - not people, just decor, cleanliness etc!)

Whites (crazy, like a house party in someones grannies sitting room!)

Kremlin ftw, always a crazy night :) Altho it's hard to convince everyone to go, some ppl just not comfortable with it

Parlour with the glass floor - not my fav but others like it.

Yellow (used to be mint) - haven't been but it's next on the list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

A few observations as my first (second) year draws to a close....

The Limelight
    Music there is absolutely fantastic, although thats probably due to personal taste. A lot of good rock tunes, but the place is just a sweatbox. Unbareably hot in there, and ridiculously overcrowded. 5/10

Stiff Kitten
    Must say that Im a big fan of Stiff Kitten, particularly for Sketch on tuesdays. Good music, good crowd, good drinks offers. My type of place. 8/10

The Box
    Hit and miss. Music is bareable. Some of the people you get there can be the awfully pretentious type but you expect that. Layout wise, its the best club in Belfast and is very well maintained. 7/10

Beach Club
    Only been there a handful of times but never had a great night out at the Beach. Music is just awful, and getting served at the Bar on the wrong night can be a hassle. 4/10

Students Union
    Our usual spot for Mondays. Always had a good time, particularly when they had the smoking area out back at the start of the year (although they have moved it back out there again now). Its great craic, Mandela Hall is huge but still manages to be crowded. No shortage of bars to get served at. Great spot for the students. 8/10

The Bot
    Havent been to the nightclub that many times, but have been downstairs every weekend for the footie. Wednesdays are great craic, even downstairs. Excellent place to go if you dont want to get very drunk. 7/10

The Egg
    The nightclub is just awful, im sorry. Crap music, crap layout to the place. Its only saving grace is the shooter ladder, 6 shots for 6 quid, which of course drags us in every night before we go out. 4/10

Parlour
    Hit and miss. Have had great nights out there, have also had **** nights out. The seats in the back room and downstairs are great if u wanna chill, but then again no one really heads to the parlour to chill! Layout is a bit meh, very narrow at the bar upstairs and always over crowded. 5/10

Kremlin
    Absolute f*cking mayhem. Its like the speed of nightclubs. Its not good, its not bad, its just the Kremlin. I honestly dont know if I like it or not. x/10

Thompsons
    Good that it stays open so late. Dodgy as all hell though. If im relatively in control of myself, I try to stay away. 5/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

ems_12 wrote: »

Eh, Parlour doesnt have a glass floor.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

ems_12 wrote: »
    Scratch (formerly the Fly)

Ollies (expensive but if you're going for a big night out why not!)

Karma (haven't been v.often but had a good night when I was there, but prob a bit rough compared to other places - not people, just decor, cleanliness etc!)

Whites (crazy, like a house party in someones grannies sitting room!)

Kremlin ftw, always a crazy night :) Altho it's hard to convince everyone to go, some ppl just not comfortable with it

Yellow (used to be mint) - haven't been but it's next on the list!

I think you're thinking of the Potthouse. Pretty sure it has a clear glass floor. Was perfectly clear and there were some good views to be had although through wear and tear I believe that it is now a little opaque.

Excellent review there archimedes, I'd pretty much agree with everything you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Burney

The Bot for sure

Advertisement