Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGCE in England

• 14-10-2014 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am thinking of applying to do a PGCE in England next year, I have around five years experience teaching English abroad so also considering the new schools direct programme that pays you whilst you get your qualification through a school.

I was just wondering does anybody have any idea if Irish schools would recognise this qualification?

I would hope to one day work back in Ireland but not sure this qualification would be recognised by Irish schools.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Comisario

Hi Ivan, I'm thinking of doing the same. As far as I understand it if you comeback to Ireland you will have to do a History of Irish Ed exam and possibly an Irish language exam (unless u did honors in leaving) to get Teacher status here.

I'm looking into the PGCE England route also but have no idea which universities to apply for any ideas? thanks

Advertisement