What I have done so far is to assess the current condition of the car.
I freed the 2 seized wheels so that nI can move it in and out of the shed as I need to.
I brought loads of sand with me from the south coast , tucked up in the wing areas, front and back.
I am inspecting the main trouble areas associated with Type 3 Variants. Mainly heater channels, A and B posts, windscreen
areas, and front inner wheelhouse, and under rear seat ares. Plus the floor pan of course.
When I was negotiating ( well giving Alpha his asking without any hassle to him) I as happy to take the car, if I did not
have to split the floor from the pan for repairs. A 20 minute inspection of the car led me to believe I would not have to do this.
Of course thats if under the muck it was reasonably OK. I took a chance that it was. And indeed it is better than I had hoped.
So far inspection has revealed that I need to repair the two corner rear tails of the shell, the front spare wheel well area,
and one front bumper mount. All this without splitting the shell.
More to follow