Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Omega Seamaster diver 300m

• 30-11-2019 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Im in love with this at the moment-

Omega Seamaster 300m diver

I've gone off the Rolex boil with all the messing around with wait lists.

Is it generally easier to get your hands on a specific omega like the one above. Can I walk into weirs or keanes and just order the specific one I want if they don't have it in stock?

Sorry, it's my first expensive watch, not sure what the protocol is with either of these establishments and don't want to look like a tit when dealing with them.

:o

Muppet man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

Check out secondhand market. Omegas generally drop a fair bit in value compared to Rolex. If you are in Dublin drop into John brereton. Friend bought his seamaster there and got very good deal. Watch was spotless.

https://www.brereton.ie/watches-c12/omega-c36

I'd imagine the likes of weirs probably have stock available.. but it be retail prices.
    Muppet Man wrote: »

Is it generally easier to get your hands on a specific omega like the one above. Can I walk into weirs or keanes and just order the specific one I want if they don't have it in stock?

Sorry, it's my first expensive watch, not sure what the protocol is with either of these establishments and don't want to look like a tit when dealing with them.

Muppet man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

https://watts1858.co.uk/watches/omega-watches/

Some discount there for black Friday
    Check out secondhand market. Omegas generally drop a fair bit in value compared to Rolex. If you are in Dublin drop into John brereton. Friend bought his seamaster there and got very good deal. Watch was spotless.

https://www.brereton.ie/watches-c12/omega-c36

I'd imagine the likes of weirs probably have stock available.. but it be retail prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I'd recommend going second hand. Dawson Jewellers usually have some second hand Omegas. The 42mm version feels considerably larger than the 41mm even though there's very little between them on paper. They're a really cool watch.

Muppet man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

OP, yes, you should be able to walk in to Weirs or any other jewellers stocking Omega and pick one up - and likely get 10% off the shelf price too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Thanks all for the advice. I've got what looks to be an incredibly good deal for this watch from an official omega retailer. More details to follow once I've sealed the deal. Cienciano, thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't float my boat at all, sorry. :o

Muppet man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Swisswatchesdirect.co.uk will give 15-20% off for BNIB. You’ll no longer get 25% off just for asking at an Omega AD but discounting remains the norm. Even the Omega boutiques will do an in kind deal, eg a strap, a service on another watch or watches etc. Paying the retail price would be odd.

Job done. More pix and details to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Job done. More pix and details to follow.

Very nice, congrats on the new addition. The new 300m is a real looker and the co-axial escapement is very interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement