Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to see who was in the chamber on a certain day?

• 15-05-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

If you've been on Facebook, you've seen the short clip of Alan Kelly giving out about the dismal attendance as they started hearing Dáil statements on climate change. This was on the 4th of may.
    If you haven't here it is.

How do I find out who was in attendance during that time? Theres surely a register somewhere or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

epicmoe wrote: »
    If you've been on Facebook, you've seen the short clip of Alan Kelly giving out about the dismal attendance as they started hearing D statements on climate change. This was on the 4th of may.

How do I find out who was in attendance during that time? Theres surely a register somewhere or something?

Record of attendance is here https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/publications/?q=&topic%5B%5D=record-of-attendance though won't be updated for May until sometime in June.
    That's attendance in government buildings though, not necessarily the chamber.
    To be honest people get a bit over-obsessed about attendance numbers in the actual chamber - its not necessary as TD's can follow the debate on the closed circuit tv screen within their office, whilst doing other td stuff.
    All generally a better use of time than listening to Alan Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

epicmoe wrote: »
    If you've been on Facebook, you've seen the short clip of Alan Kelly giving out about the dismal attendance as they started hearing D statements on climate change. This was on the 4th of may.

because the motion didn't actually change anything, the topic spokespeople were there i presume?

we don't even have a recorded vote for it because it was passed "unanimously".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I never get why people give out about being physically present in the Dáil chamber. The majority of Dáil time is spent on procedural matters, reading statements for the records etc. and TDs can always look at it on CCTV or review the record later. Parties will have designated spokespeople and representatives at different times. It's not a 158-way debating chamber.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The Oireachtas internal cable TV system allows you to watch either chamber or any committee room from your office, as far as I know without the muting that Oireachtas TV has - I've rarely been there on a full sitting day to check!

Also has most of the useful global news channels

Advertisement