Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ye Olde Watch Giveaway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Watch shipped a few minutes ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

oxocube wrote: »
    Watch shipped a few minutes ago :)

Thanks again!

Watch received and it’s absolutely perfect, big thanks to Mick for being so kind, I’ll stick a pic of my one up and see if there is any interest, it’s white so not to most people’s taste. I love it but the wife didn’t so she went out and bought me a black one so I just wear that now and do what I’m told!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

how.gareth wrote: »
    Watch received and it’s absolutely perfect, big thanks to Mick for being so kind, I’ll stick a pic of my one up and see if there is any interest, it’s white so not to most people’s taste. I love it but the wife didn’t so she went out and bought me a black one so I jmust wear that now and do what I’m told!

Fixed that for you:D

Enjoy the new one.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Just a quick to say i havnt forgotten but I need to get a battery sorted and it also needs a clean as it’s been lying in a drawer and is manky
    It’s pretty small compared to the black one so it might have been a woman’s/unisex model maybe? Or just a small watch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭mario84s

Hello all...
    I've dug up a box of watches, gonna go through them and see what's there that's a) decent and b) not too sentimental.
    Will post soon if people interested in doing same again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've a watch I'm happy to offer up in here if there is interest. A Seiko Chronograph SNDC31P1. Specifically the one below. It's currently on a Barton leather strap (this one I believe)
    hitemfrank wrote: »
    Seiko chronograph today.

IMG-20190903-103505061.jpg

Almost 3 months after the post above, the Seiko just isn't getting worn. I'm not sure I've even worn it since then.

So if anyone is interested, leave your name in here and I'll do a draw on Sunday evening (8th)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,344 ✭✭✭✭banie01

l

So if anyone is interested, leave your name in here and I'll do a draw on Sunday evening (8th)

I was one of those who said you should keep it...
    But if you must set it free, I'd give it a good home Frank ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

I've nearly the same watch as this on a braclet. Timed the wifes contractions on it.

Only time I've ever used a Chronograph in an emergency :D

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Lovely watch, I have been looking for a chronograph to add to my rotation! Would love it :-)

• Advertisement

I'm going to keep track of the entrants in this post. I'll update it as they come in.

1. banie01
    2. Pablo_Flox
    3. hammerdub
    4. SmartinMartin
    5. Birneybau
    6. tweek84
    7. T-Maxx
    8. crow_eat_crow

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Hi Hitemfrank,

Count me in also it's a beautiful looking watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Ah sure count me in too Frank, nephew is air staff and he's been looking for a decent chrono, and that is a decent chrono!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm going to keep track of the entrants in this post. I'll update it as they come in.

Throw myself in sure

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Mmmmm that would be great pop me in for the draw aswell

I feel like i should grab a stick and start swinging it menacingly while shouting! "1st come, 1st served!!!" :pac:

On a less threatening note....
    Good luck to all, and fantastic pre-xmas generosity from Frank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Me too please

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭crow_eat_crow

Please include me too.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,952 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Fair play Frank. She's quite the looker and I believe this might be the most popular one yet.

Fair play Frank. She's quite the looker and I believe this might be the most popular one yet.

It's a shame for it to be left on the shelf, so I'm happy to give it away to someone else to actually wear it.

• Advertisement

I've a watch I'm happy to offer up in here if there is interest. A Seiko Chronograph SNDC31P1. Specifically the one below. It's currently on a Barton leather strap (this one I believe)

Almost 3 months after the post above, the Seiko just isn't getting worn. I'm not sure I've even worn it since then.

One day left for entries on this watch.

I'll be using random.org to pick a number that corresponds to the list in my earlier post.

I'll try get a screen record of the draw of possible. I can't guarantee I'll get this working as I've not tried it before.

No longer accepting entries. Give me a few minutes to sort out the draw and screen capture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Just seeing it now and won’t put my name forward. I just look at the pretty watches from time to time. Weirdly I find it relaxing looking at pictures of nice watches that’s why I’m here.

Hopefully it’ll go to somebody who’s into watches and not some bargain hunter that just wants it because it’s free.

So the people who entered for this draw are (in order of entering);

1. banie01
    2. Pablo_Flox
    3. hammerdub
    4. SmartinMartin
    5. Birneybau
    6. tweek84
    7. T-Maxx
    8. crow_eat_crow

Using random.org and entering values of 1 - 8 gives the winner as;

Number 3 - hammerdub

hammerdub, PM me an address so I can get this in the post. If no address is received by Wednesday at 8PM, I'll do the draw again.

Video proof
    https://youtu.be/jqHN2IG5aHM

Attaching a gif or an image didn't go so well :o

Fantastic generosity Frank! :)
    Congrats HD!

Well wear, and enjoy the piece :)

Hi Hitemfrank and everyone else, can't believe I've won this draw . I been reading this site and others on watches looking for pointers on what to buy and so forth. I have 13 antique clocks at home and running out of room so I'm new to the watch screen had and my first watch was a pierpoint which sadly now doesn't work as my mother bought it for me when I first started work over 40 years ago. Had a few others since and was looking for advice on something good to wear and this is a real looker and look forward to wearing it. Thanks a million.

The watch had been posted this morning, so with some luck it might arrive this week.

Brilliant looking forward to it, I will post a picture of it on my wrist when it arrives again can't thank you enough.

I have a Zetime hybrid smart watch that is getting zero wrist time anymore.
    It has a curious mix of real hands, driven by micro electric motors and touchscreen with heart rate monitoring, step counter and other smart functions.

I have a couple of spare straps to go with it too.
    Metal bracelet, a carbon fibre embossed leather and if memory serves a rubber strap too.
    Will also throw in the 2 chargers, the portable one(built in battery) and a standard disc charger.

The case has seen better days and the coating is worn in some spots with desk dive wear.
    Battery life between charges is exceptional however, and it is a quirky, functional and interesting piece that attempts to bridge the benefits of a smart watch with the ease of functional hands.

Will leave the offer open until Sunday at 8pm, then run a draw in the same format as Frank's last week.

I'll add som pics of the watch Tmrw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Go on so B, throw my hat in the ring. That reminds me, I have a nice new timex I'm not using, I'll throw it up after your draw.

Advertisement