Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Coach Kavanagh blocked me on Twitter as I was making jokes about how Khabib’s bear would eat his lovely great shepherd pub for breakfast. What a douche!! And I am Conor no.1 fan.

Pot kettle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Coach Kavanagh blocked me on Twitter as I was making jokes about how Khabib’s bear would eat his lovely great shepherd pub for breakfast. What a douche!! And I am Conor no.1 fan.

I'd have blocked you too. Well done John.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Holloway so gangster.

All jokes aside, that's a brilliant bit of promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Not quite sure what the issue is here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Kick a man while he’s allegedly down.

Very low.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Functioning distillery for nearly 200 years providing inner city jobs maybe...

Until it closed production and became a tour thing.

Bull****. Alcohol has destroyed families I don’t buy into the marketing as a company supportive of working families bs

Holloway so gangster.

All jokes aside, that's a brilliant bit of promotion.
    Presumably Jameson flew him out to Dublin specifically for the (paid) twitter post. I wonder how much something like that costs. I also wonder if Max was their first choice ! :pac:

Great bit of trolling and on the flip side ... this type of PR it shows how seriously they are taking Proper 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,017 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, by his maths all those days you just think about being a murderous, necrophiliac, cannibalistic paedophile rather than act on it, you're a pretty neat guy.
    He was being ironic. He's not actually saying Dahmer was a good bloke. I'm sure you know that.

I know that... It was the supporting Dublin workers that was asked... You're right actually... Conor is all Dublin and got a northern whisky
    It's kinda odd to slate Guinness for being sectarian. Then to slate Bushmills for being from the North.
    And they probably weren't going for religion angle as I said but it was fairly recently ( well 20/25 years ago) before Bushmills had even 1 Catholic working for them.
    They were notorious for it.
    Bushmills and Jameson predate sectarianism in Ireland by a couple of centuries. John Jameson was a protestant iirc.
    I've no idea when the first catabolic started work at Bushmills. But I doubt it was the 90s.

I think there was an attempted boycott of Bushmills in the 90s (in America) for not employing enough Cataholics. Could you be thinking if that?

Lads..while I know half of ye think Mcg is some sort of genius, lets be realistic for a minute..he's a scumbag..he was trying to promote his whiskey..he went "fnck the jamesons etc".. It wasnt a comment on sectarianism in the drinks industry over the last 200 years..it was him being a tinker..

• Advertisement

It wasnt a comment on sectarianism in the drinks industry over the last 200 years...
    Yeah the sectarian stuff is a huge stretch. It's just marketing spiel. Jameson Bow st was a hugely important employer in Dublin in the past. But there's no way it could be run from there now.

Glad to see some smaller distilleries returning to Dublin though.

Mellor wrote: »
    He was being ironic. He's not actually saying Dahmer was a good bloke. I'm sure you know that.

Of course I'm aware of it, but that doesn't make his analogy any more intelligent, applicable or appropriate.

Of course I'm aware of it, but that doesn't make his analogy any more intelligent, applicable or appropriate.
    I'm just pointing out that "by that logic" type criticism make no sense when somebody is being ironic.
    I'm not suggesting for a minute it was appropriate (given the proceedings).

I'm just pointing out that "by that logic" type criticism make no sense when somebody is being ironic.
    I'm not suggesting for a minute it was appropriate (given the proceedings).

I was taking the piss in response to a previous comment.

Don't have a clue what he was going to achieve with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The Jeffrey Dahmer tweet is just one of the countless examples where John Kavanagh implies how intelligent he is compared to everyone else. He's an insufferable me feiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

The Conor mcgregor thread is just another one of those countless examples of where boardsies go to imply how intelligent they are compared to conor mcgregor/ John kavanagh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I really think people are reading way to much into his tweet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

John Kavanagh is very sneaky most cowards are though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I really think people are reading way to much into his tweet.

I don't get it either. I'm not a superfan of JK, but these claims that he's trying to pass himself as some sort of pseudo intellectual are a bit strange.

At worst it was a stupid and/or ill-advised comment, but everyone at that level tends to makes those at some point, why can't people just call it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

That's an old quote, JK prob read it and thought oh this sounds smart I will tweet it and people will think I'm smart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

It makes sense and I thought it was good

Peoples perception is their own and I don't believe people get to dictate if others peoples thoughts are good or not

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

An alleged RTÉ memo naming Conor as the sports star at the center of that assault case has been doing the rounds, and The Times report that RTÉ have informed the DPC of a data breach regarding same, under GDPR regulations.

Link below:

<snip>

It’s behind a paywall but you’ll find the memo with very little hassle online.

Also, those laws apply to websites publishing too.
    So posts repeating the leaked memo, or words to the same effect, are a massive liability for boards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Also, those laws apply to websites publishing too.
    So posts repeating the leaked memo, or words to the same effect, are a massive liability for boards too.

Well in that case, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked about four threads ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Wailin wrote: »
    Well in that case, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked about four threads ago....

It was locked, ages ago. Posts were deleted and warnings handed out.

The memo hasn't been posted since as far as I know. The latest discussion is about the Times article.

Wailin wrote: »
    It was locked last week. Posts are constantly being deleted. I'm guess a load of the above will get wiped too.
    Admins >>>> Mods

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Folks, I've deleted some posts and removed the link to the published article because it's behind a paywall (Mods don't get paid nor can they claim expenses to investigate such articles).

As I said before, if it is reported on mainstream (Irish) media then discussion of that is fine.

Sorry to be pedantic, stuff behind a paywall is not readable by all so doesn't count.

Personally I'd love to see what was reported but can't without paying for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭creeper1

Khabib revealed why he attacked Dillon Danis. It’s because John kavanagh and Owen roddy are “too old” and “almost my fathers age”.

Apparently he hates the whole team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

RE Jameson vs Bushmills, Catholics vs Protestants, Max vs Connor.... The Wire did it first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 MMAbhoy

John Kavanagh is very sneaky most cowards are though

Hiya lads first post :-) Fascinated by all this - why is Kavanagh a coward mate ? Just interested why you think that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement