Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1405 campaign news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

The final budget for 2015/16 is to be presented in Stormont and news reports have said it is good news for public services, so hopefully the PSNI will be included in the good news part, we'll know this afternoon or later, but no doubt it will be in the news, maybe everyone is just patiently waiting like me on something positive being announced to put our minds at rest lol, here's hoping anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

fish2690 wrote: »
    Gone very quiet....

Everyone is nervously scouring news articles and local TV channels for any news on this budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

I honestly think nothing will be said until the next policing board meeting on February 5th, would be nice if its earlier though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Think we are all just waiting for our own vetting forms to arrive, after the last round of calls seems the recruitment belt has fired back up after christmas and things are moving along.... I guess we will just have to wait, wait and wait some more like the poor souls before us. Here is hoping we hear some good news soon on numbers.

Do you get the vetting forms before the pca?

• Advertisement

Nearly sure you get the vetting forms with an invite to the PCA? In the email it says the running order is vetting forms first, PCA, medical etc etc.

I'm not 100% sure either but would make sense seeing how long vetting takes

"Our Budget has not been keeping pace with inflation with the Executive’s Resource budget effectively reduced by 1.6 per cent.
    Add to that the well-publicised pressures in Health, Justice, Enterprise and other Departments, and a difficult job is made almost impossible.

Yet, in spite of these seemingly insurmountable challenges, the Executive has agreed this draft Budget for 2015-16. It is by no means an ideal Budget. The range of pressures we confronted
    required £872 million worth of reductions to our resource budget. Adjustments of that degree necessitate tough choices and difficult
    decisions. But the Executive has faced up to the harsh reality of our financial position and prioritised key public services like health,
    job creation, education and policing through £659 million of resource allocations."

http://www.northernireland.gov.uk/budget

Theres the proposed draft budget folks, don't know if this is the one that is to be or has been signed off on, but the paragraph I quoted seems good, or better than before regarding police.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

"Our Budget has not been keeping pace with inflation with the Executive’s Resource budget effectively reduced by 1.6 per cent.
    Add to that the well-publicised pressures in Health, Justice, Enterprise and other Departments, and a difficult job is made almost impossible.

Yet, in spite of these seemingly insurmountable challenges, the Executive has agreed this draft Budget for 2015-16. It is by no means an ideal Budget. The range of pressures we confronted
    required £872 million worth of reductions to our resource budget. Adjustments of that degree necessitate tough choices and difficult
    decisions. But the Executive has faced up to the harsh reality of our financial position and prioritised key public services like health,
    job creation, education and policing through £659 million of resource allocations."

Theres the proposed draft budget folks, don't know if this is the one that is to be or has been signed off on, but the paragraph I quoted seems good, or better than before regarding police.

Hopefully it is good, is it too early to make heads or tails of this and what it actually means for the police? I suppose we may just have to wait until the policing board meeting to find that out.

Sounded positive on UTV there, no real details mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Suzuka wrote: »

I dozed off :( long day. What was said?

Damn just missed it there on the news, I was waiting for it and then had to do something and must have missed it lol

fish2690 wrote: »
    I dozed off :( long day. What was said?

Just the politics guy saying what departments did well from the budget and that DoJ may have got some money aswell in relation to Policing. Simon Hamilton is announcing something officially about the entire budget in detail on Monday they said

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Just the politics guy saying what departments did well from the budget and that DoJ may have got some money aswell in relation to Policing. Simon Hamilton is announcing something officially about the entire budget in detail on Monday they said

Cheers. Heard the word 'policing' and quickly woke up but had missed it

Yeah seen he will make an announcement on the specifics on Monday, just checked online there on the UTV news site, hopefully whatever may be the outcome it means recruitment will continue as originally planned with the full 378

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Guys all I heard was a bunch of words and fluffing about but nothing too substantial! Or else I'm too tired to concentrate lol. I meant to say yesterday there was an article in a newspaper saying about another budget cutting strategy...switching off the heating in stations.

If all this is a pr stunt like Highbury lad said a while ago to get the budget reinstated it's flipping good!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Nearly sure you get the vetting forms with an invite to the PCA? In the email it says the running order is vetting forms first, PCA, medical etc etc.

I got my vetting forms in may and didn't get my pca invitation until the end of june

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

pb82 wrote: »
    I got my vetting forms in may and didn't get my pca invitation until the end of june

I got my vetting forms then PCA date 2 days later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

The statement the Chief made in Oct, regarding our campaign, was as follows:

'The recruitment plans will basically be turned down to a trickle because we have some contractual arrangements with the outsourced provider and so will cut, probably by 50%, the number of officers coming in over the course of this competition.'

I doubt this would change. I assume he will only take roughly 100 from 14050.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Razer33

the411 wrote: »
    The statement the Chief made in Oct, regarding our campaign, was as follows:

'The recruitment plans will basically be turned down to a trickle because we have some contractual arrangements with the outsourced provider and so will cut, probably by 50%, the number of officers coming in over the course of this competition.'

I doubt this would change. I assume he will only take roughly 100 from 14050.

:(

Depending on the outcome of this budget agreement and whether/how much the police budget is protected by it may well change, these comments were made in October when any financial deal wasn't even close to happening. I guess time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Rezone

I take it no one at all from this campaign has received any forms or dates?

Nothing yet. The forum is very quiet...

It's eerily quiet, I gotta admit this second campaign in comparison to the first is so much quieter lol, at one point this place was constant, this is kinda what it was like when I first joined when we were hoping the moratorium on recruitment would end and it did and the place was hiving lol which was awesome.

I suppose if the first campaign is now pretty much towards the end, so its naturally became quieter, hopefully when vetting comes out and more info is released on recruitment numbers etc maybe it may create a buzz, I'm off work this week which makes it even worse I think lol, gym and just waiting on word of something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol highbury that's only cos I'm not on here as much :P

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol highbury that's only cos I'm not on here as much :P

Lol, think we're all a bit like that now Mop, you understandably a bit more so, but once your in and when the final folks of campaign 1 are in too, it'll be deathly quiet on here, and that's understandble, as everyone will be busy training and hopefully I'll be one of them this campaign :D

I thought there would have been more people from campaign 2 on

I guess we're just lurking waiting for vetting forms or news on the budget. All up in the air at the moment.

Wonder how many from intake 8 and 9 who got calls were also in for campaign 2, effectively freeing up to 80 spaces :)

Wonder how many from intake 8 and 9 who got calls were also in for campaign 2, effectively freeing up to 80 spaces :)

Here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

I didn't go for the campaign 2 assessment centre

Advertisement