Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pressurised cold water tank

• 02-12-2019 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

looking in to heat pumps and it seems like you can pressurise them using mains water pressure. That would give me decent enough pressure at showers for hot water.

If doing this is it advisable to also pressurise the cold water storage tank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

moldy_sea wrote: »
    looking in to heat pumps and it seems like you can pressurise them using mains water pressure. That would give me decent enough pressure at showers for hot water.

If doing this is it advisable to also pressurise the cold water storage tank?
    Not under Irish regs.
    The cold supply is only supposed to be for the cold tap and the cold water tank.
    The risks include backward contamination of the cold water supply, plus contamination of your system when repairs are carried out by IW.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭moldy_sea

Yes you're correct and I misunderstood a conversation earlier today that led to my post.

It seems CWS is fed by mains pressure, then a pump is used in CWS tank to feed cold taps and heat pump - at least that is what I understood.

Is this common in new builds now?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

moldy_sea wrote: »
    Yes you're correct and I misunderstood a conversation earlier today that led to my post.

It seems CWS is fed by mains pressure, then a pump is used in CWS tank to feed cold taps and heat pump - at least that is what I understood.

Is this common in new builds now?
    Seems to be. Plumber put it in mine, big tank in garage with a submersible pump. Also have tank in attic for toilets

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭moldy_sea

So that's 2 tanks, one vented and one unvented (for the toilets)?

Advertisement