Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is it to get the rolex you want

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

A+-Guru wrote: »
    There having a sale today that's all

If the market wasn’t softening there would be no sale. WF are not able to sell at there current pricing for the “high demand” models.

Signs of downward pressure is there for the last 4 months. It was denied as a usual summer lull. Seems it is more.

They had 1-2 BLNRs 6 months ago.

That have 20 today supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Jude13

There's an arcade here with five resale BLRO's within a year of the launch whilst I was in the waiting list from the Basel world day 1. Don't know how they do it as I was told I wont have my original papers until 12 months after purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Eoin wrote: »
    Yeah, but not too long ago you'd not need to discount these models in a sale.

to be fair they are discounting their very high prices which are in some cases x2 rrp, they chased the market up and are now a little too high but i wouldnt read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

893bet wrote: »
    Market popping.......been signs for a few months.

BLNR price slashing in watchfinder...as low as 13.3k euro for the old version

https://www.watchfinder.ie/Rolex/GMT%20Master%20II/116710%20BLNR/23940/item/147366?searchId=0e0977b2-deb4-4430-af1c-aae496e93909&rank=13

They are flooded with BLNR also. 20 in stock. Were they holding back stock? Probably I would say.

https://www.watchfinder.ie/search?q=Blnr

Hulk available for just over 14k
    https://www.watchfinder.ie/Rolex/Submariner/116610%20LV/16940/item/150142?searchId=b6d6e732-ae66-4f11-9686-2b0d3780ec22&rank=4

Also, Rolex seem to be getting more watches into stores. Seeing more and more stories of people getting watches far quicker than expected and the odd steel model being on display now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yesterday watchfinders were selling new daytona ceramics for 27k...thats mental. If they discount it to 15k thats still 3.5k over retail.

I dont think till I see second hand rolex (batman/woman, pepsi, subs, daytona, hulk) selling below or at retail will I call the bubble burst, hoever I would be cautious buying a rolex over list at the moment. I cannot see a time when the hard to get models sell below list, Rolex are too good at market manipulation to allow that, but the madness has to end sometime.

• Advertisement

12k blnr on sale below. Plenty LNs for 10k ish.

https://www.watchmaster.com/en/shop/rolex/gmt-master-ii

There does seem to be a lot of GMT master 2 for sale....lucky are those who got out while to going was good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Would I get something like an Explorer II at RRP from an AD these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Would I get something like an Explorer II at RRP from an AD these days?

I would have thought an AD will only sell at RRP but the problem is the waiting lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I would have thought an AD will only sell at RRP but the problem is the waiting lists.

An Explorer 2 shouldn't really be that much of a problem. They don't even carry that much of a premium (New) on C24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

An Explorer 2 shouldn't really be that much of a problem. They don't even carry that much of a premium (New) on C24.

Aye, I'm not too up on what models have and don't have waiting lists was just assuming the only problem with buying off an AD would be whether there's a waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

decafrost wrote: »
    I am looking to buy Rolex Submariner Date blue dial since 2 years but unable to get from anywhere even not avalaible at Kapoor Watch Company where i have bought Rolex Lady-Datejust OysterPerpetual 28 mm for myself last year.

If anyone knows that i can get this watch from somewhere please let me know asap.

thanks in advance!

Lots of them for sale here, https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/ref-116619lb.htm?man=rolex&refId=116619lb&showpage=&sortorder=1

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I am looking to buy Rolex Submariner Date blue dial since 2 years but unable to get from anywhere even not avalaible at Kapoor Watch Company where i have bought Rolex Lady-Datejust OysterPerpetual 28 mm for myself last year.

If anyone knows that i can get this watch from somewhere please let me know asap.

thanks in advance!

Weirs had one a while back. Any AD should be able to get that for you in a matter of weeks, its not an in demand model

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭banie01

thanks in advance!
    banie01 wrote: »
    Was walking through Limerick City today, glanced in the window of Keane's and they have a Rolex Blue Sub 116619 its actually a 116610on display for the princely sum of €12600 :eek:

They seem to be much easier to get than other subs.

Edit: just noticed I typod the original post as a 116619, apologies.
    If it was white gold for that price I'd have bought it myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Time wrote: »
    Weirs had one a while back. Any AD should be able to get that for you in a matter of weeks, its not an in demand model

I'm on a "waiting list" in weirs for a sub (date or no date with preference for no date) for about 10 months now and nothing.... On the same wait list for a gmt 2 for about 18 months....

My experience of dealing with them /level of information forthcoming etc didn't inspire confidence of ever hearing from them to be honest but who knows.

Will probably buy a nice gmt grand seiko if the right one crops up at this rate

I'm on a "waiting list" in weirs for a sub (date or no date with preference for no date) for about 10 months now and nothing.... On the same wait list for a gmt 2 for about 18 months....

My experience of dealing with them /level of information forthcoming etc didn't inspire confidence of ever hearing from them to be honest but who knows.

Will probably buy a nice gmt grand seiko if the right one crops up at this rate

If you go in and ask to be on a list, then your not on a list. If you go and buy something and they invite you onto one of their lists you would like to be on, you stand a chance. My advice, if they ring you tomorrow with a GMT master...pass, somebody is flooding the market with that particular watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Well according to YouTube this morning the Rolex bubble has well and truly burst because Batman models and Daytonas are now available at slightly under double the RRP...

So common sense finally prevailing then. :pac:

fat bloke wrote: »
    Well according to YouTube this morning the Rolex bubble has well and truly burst because Batman models and Daytonas are now available at slightly under double the RRP...

So common sense finally prevailing then. :pac:

The bubble is intact, but there is a lot of batmen being put on the market. At the end of the day the Daytona is still solid as a rock, and its rocks in your head you would need to by one at twice RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭fat bloke

The bubble is intact, but there is a lot of batmen being put on the market. At the end of the day the Daytona is still solid as a rock, and its rocks in your head you would need to by one at twice RRP.

Personally I'm more worried about the knock on effect on my homages! :D

Hey I have seen german Submariner homage watches, modified by a notorious internet pervert, cyber stalker and bully sell on ebay for over RRP so dont laugh too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yup and in some of the dodgier corners of the internet, those high quality fakes of Rolex have also followed the real deal in price rises. Which is kinda crazy.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hey I have seen german Submariner homage watches, modified by a notorious internet pervert, cyber stalker and bully sell on ebay for over RRP so dont laugh too soon.

I've seen Vietnamese case and "hand-built" 4 digit "replicas" by a certain Italian sell for ridiculous sums too.

Modified??? What??? But they are sold as brand new!!!

893bet wrote: »
    Modified??? What??? But they are sold as brand new!!!

Well they are better than new...they have been breathed upon by the arbiter of all that is worthwhile in horology. To own one is to own a piece of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bark and **** put a video up about the watch finder sale meaning the bubble has burst and he’s getting some amount of abuse
    Usual click bait nonsense

He's like a cross between piers morgan and hugh Grant, just not as likeable :)

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bark and **** put a video up about the watch finder sale meaning the bubble has burst and he’s getting some amount of abuse
    Usual click bait nonsense

With 130k views in two days on the video I don’t think he will care about the abuse! Adding views and subs!

He will prob double down now with a “reaction to the reaction” video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

So submariner is cheaper than GMT?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So submariner is cheaper than GMT?

at retail yes, makes sense due to the added complication.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JohnW2008

Any idea on the current waiting time for a new model submariner no date in Ireland and Northern Ireland - anyone any idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

JohnW2008 wrote: »
    Any idea on the current waiting time for a new model submariner no date in Ireland and Northern Ireland - anyone any idea?

I have been informed for a non preferred client your looking 2-3 years. Honestly you would be better off paying the gray market premium and getting the watch, it will be worth more than you pay when you sell it.

Advertisement