Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of Duty WWII - Local LAN Games not working?

Options
  • 02-09-2019 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a second copy of Call of Duty WWII a while back so we could play local LAN Games on separate TVs instead of split screen which is still fun but annoyingly cramped and other player will occasionally cheat by checking your current location & tactics etc :eek:

Problem is that I could never get this working no matter what I'd tried. I do have a good bit of IT experience and have been playing LAN games since early PC setups many years ago.

Issue is that PS4 never sees the other system so the game can't even begin. I open up 'Local Play' on both but they never see each other....?

In the initial local play menu it says 'create match' and 'refresh list' but the area to the right with the headings host, status, map, # players, type is empty?

I'd really love to get this working so posting here hoping someone has some experience in sorting this out and can offer advice, other things to try etc.

My Setup.

1 X PS4
    1 X PS4 Pro (Assume this is not an issue- ie model difference?)
    Local LAN - Have tried Wired and Wireless - Wired over Netgear 8 Port Switch, WIFI via home broadband Router.
    - I've never tried a crossover cable - Just thought of it a minute ago....I've no idea if this is an option or not! For all I know it could fry my PS4s, must research that one actually.

I've searched online a fair bit, including on the official COD WWII Forum but the most I've ever found is other people in same boat.

Anyway.... Here's hoping someone has the secret to solving this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

OK - I got this working last night - Mods you can please delete thread or leave it up in the event you feel that below might be somehow useful to others?!

3 things had changed since my previous attempt of about a year ago:

1. My home LAN now consists of a completely different broadband router and 2 new WIFI APs.
    2. COD WWII game itself has had a ton of patches since - Perhaps some niggle got ironed out.
    3. PS4 itself has had multiple system updates in intervening time, same as above maybe something was sorted along the way.

Anyhow it just worked first time last night.... Fully standard setup no messing with static IPs etc.

Advertisement