Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DID Electirical Black Friday 2019 (up to 70% off)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

luketitz wrote: »
    The DID black Friday starts today, with up to 70% off sorts of deadly deals on their site, it looks like there's weekly deals being rolled out as we speak at https://www.did.ie/black-friday

€200 off this Philips 6500 50" 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV now only €399 looks the pick of the bunch to me!

https://www.did.ie/philips-6500-50-4k-ultra-hd-led-smart-tv-black-50pus6504-50pus6504-prd

available for 430 in Argos so not really a 200 euro discount

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

yeah, fair point! Still can't find it cheaper online though so it's my first purchase of silly season!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is it a decent spec TV?
    Hope to upgrade the 10 year old 32" to something better.
    Budget of around 500.

Mostly Netflix, Saorview and Xbox usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

luketitz wrote: »
    The DID black Friday starts today, with up to 70% off sorts of deadly deals on their site, it looks like there's weekly deals being rolled out as we speak at https://www.did.ie/black-friday

I think DID are missing the concept of a "Black Friday" sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

The 43" Sony Bravia TV is cheaper elsewhere i.e. Richer Sounds with 6 years warranty is €419.

Maybe hold off buying anything until closer to the Real Black Friday date as there are bound to be better deals around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

Use pricespy to give you the price history of items or camel camel camel to give you the amazon price history.
    These are very good coming up to black friday as businesses just label products with release prices and then say you are saving hundreds as opposed to you actually only saving a small bit.

https://pricespy.ie/audio-video/tvs/philips-50pus6504--p5124848/properties

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-43PUS6504-12-TV-Vision/product/B07RKYW653?context=search

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Is it a decent spec TV?
    Hope to upgrade the 10 year old 32" to something better.
    Budget of around 500.

Mostly Netflix, Saorview and Xbox usage.

Contact the lads in the richer sounds forum, they'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I'd stay away from Philips TVs. They're aren't what they used to be. You'd be safer sticking with Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Darby_321 wrote: »
    Use pricespy to give you the price history of items or camel camel camel to give you the amazon price history.
    These are very good coming up to black friday as businesses just label products with release prices and then say you are saving hundreds as opposed to you actually only saving a small bit.

https://pricespy.ie/audio-video/tvs/philips-50pus6504--p5124848/properties

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-43PUS6504-12-TV-Vision/product/B07RKYW653?context=search

I find pricespy fairly muck tbh. I was in the market for a new phone recently and pricespy said the cheapest was €300, I picked it up for €220 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭webpal

I think DID are missing the concept of a "Black Friday" sale...

Indeed, bit of a joke really. Also, that Lenovo tablet is the same price in Argos and power city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

CWF wrote: »
    I'd stay away from Philips TVs. They're aren't what they used to be. You'd be safer sticking with Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic.

I have a Philips TV and I'd agree, I'd never buy one again. Be lucky to get 3 years out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Klonker wrote: »
    I have a Philips TV and I'd agree, I'd never buy one again. Be lucky to get 3 years out of it.

which model? so i'll know which one to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

whiskeyman wrote:
    Is it a decent spec TV? Hope to upgrade the 10 year old 32" to something better. Budget of around 500.

Do yourself a favour cut out the looking here n there richer sounds is your man for TV bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

fryup wrote: »
    which model? so i'll know which one to avoid

50PUS6262, one of those ambilight ones. Pictures fine but have less than 2 years and already had to get someone out to change circuit board (or something like that anyway) , thankfully was under warranty. Now it freezes completely now and again and I don't have confidence it'll last too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

I've a 12 year old Phillips TV and a 33 year old Phillips VHS camcorder, both in perfect working order. True sign that things lasted longer in the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

50PUS6262, one of those ambilight ones. Pictures fine but have less than 2 years and already had to get the someone out to change circuit board (or something like that anyway) , thankfully was under warranty. Now it freezes completely now and again and I don't have confidence it'll last to much longer.

I got the 50PUS6753 ambilight one this time last year. Havent experienced any issues with it yet. Picture quality i think is pretty good and love the ambilight. Wouldnt recommend it though if you are planning on using it for its "smart" features as other than netflix and youtube it is pretty much useless in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

highdef wrote: »
    I've a 12 year old Phillips TV and a 33 year old Phillips VHS camcorder, both in perfect working order. True sign that things lasted longer in the good old days.

RiqxKXr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

highdef wrote: »

Please tell me you have a VCR aswell lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Darby_321 wrote: »
    I got the 50PUS6753 ambilight one this time last year. Havent experienced any issues with it yet. Picture quality i think is pretty good and love the ambilight. Wouldnt recommend it though if you are planning on using it for its "smart" features as other than netflix and youtube it is pretty much useless in that regard.

I have the same TV,the ambilight is great. Gives a real cinematic feel.
    The smart part is kinda redundant as I use an android box for all my needs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

My richer sounds LG TV from like 8 years ago still going strong

• Advertisement
Advertisement