Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Pity it's Joe.ie. Will never visit that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ah yes, the old "Ctrl+C" "Ctrl+V" champions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Podcasts are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

Why? It's clearly stated in the rules that the seedings for the conferences will be decided on a combined table of the two conferences. We were told this two years ago after we went to conferences.

Ah yeah but given that they won the thing twice and were able to rotate this year because they were out of sight with weeks to spare then i think we can assume that they deserve to be the top seed.

Just because everyone knew the rules it doesn't mean that they were good rules.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    Ah yeah but given that they won the thing twice and were able to rotate this year because they were out of sight with weeks to spare then i think we can assume that they deserve to be the top seed.

Just because everyone knew the rules it doesn't mean that they were good rules.

But as I also said above, the Pro14 obviously wanted a major shake up of the conferences or they wouldn't have swapped the Irish and Welsh seedings. If it was left as it was it would have been Glasgow/Munster top of A and Leinster running away with B again for two more seasons. That fast becomes boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"Content Creator", controversial opinions for the clicks so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I know exact fixture dates for CC won't be confirmed today, but will they say which round we are facing specific team and whether it's home and away, today?

Eod100 wrote: »
    I know exact fixture dates for CC won't be confirmed today, but will they say which round we are facing specific team and whether it's home and away, today?

No. TV companies will decide that so it won't be known for a few months. Usually mid August.

No. TV companies will decide that so it won't be known for a few months. Usually mid August.

Cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭jm08

razorblunt wrote: »
    "Content Creator", controversial opinions for the clicks so.

Actually, joe isn't controversial. Joe.UK has been doing some great video clips taking the mick out of UK politicians. I think their rugby podcast with Barry Murphy and Andrew Trimble + guests is excellent - good analysis and fun. (They are doing something similar in the UK with James Haskell).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

jm08 wrote: »
    Actually, joe isn't controversial. Joe.UK has been doing some great video clips taking the mick out of UK politicians. I think their rugby podcast with Barry Murphy and Andrew Trimble + guests is excellent - good analysis and fun. (They are doing something similar in the UK with James Haskell).

The House of Rugby podcasts are good, but their articles are generally clickbait rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The original content might be good but I'd struggle to support that site. It's clickbait.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

jm08 wrote: »

Their podcasts are good alright but their articles are very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Well f*ck it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing prick

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We are ****ed and this is a real test for for new coaches

Should we prioritise the pro 14 next season instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Well if we are good enough and get out of that pool we deserve to get to a final, I mean Jaaaaaysus thats tough

Manky pool

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We are ****ed and this is a real test for for new coaches

Should we prioritise the pro 14 next season instead

Yeah, let's just put the Celtic Cup lineup out in Europe and not bother.
    Utter nonsense.

It's a tough pool but there's a good chance of finishing as a runner-up qualifier at least. Saracens are Saracens but Racing aren't unbeatable and Munster have the measure of Ospreys. Saracens and Racing away will be very difficult but four wins is do-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

#prayforospreys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

It's a tough pool but there's a good chance of finishing as a runner-up qualifier at least. Saracens are Saracens but Racing aren't unbeatable and Munster have the measure of Ospreys. Saracens and Racing away will be very difficult but four wins is do-able.

agreed

Pool 1: Leinster Rugby, Lyon, Northampton Saints, Benetton Rugby

Pool 2: Exeter Chiefs, Glasgow Warriors, La Rochelle, Sale Sharks

Pool 3: ASM Clermont Auvergne, Ulster Rugby, Harlequins, Bath Rugby

Pool 4: Saracens, Munster Rugby, Racing 92, Ospreys

Pool 5: Toulouse, Gloucester Rugby, Connacht Rugby, Montpellier

Utter nonsense.

4 wins would be great return in fairness

Utter nonsense.

Maybe if we can get Saracens early. They supply the bulk of the England squad, so should be won't be hitting the ground running either. I wouldn't fancy our chances in the head to head.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Utter nonsense.

Maybe if we can get Saracens early. They supply the bulk of the England squad, so should be won't be hitting the ground running either. I wouldn't fancy our chances in the head to head.

Yeah, they struggled post Lions tour so they could well struggle post RWC. It's the time to get them if you have to get them. If you guys could knock them out at the pool stages we promise to do better next time you need is to win for your league position......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Ooof that's a rotten draw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Do we know when the exact dates for the first two fixtures will be decided??

Racing game in Paris would interest me. Can get train from Germany.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

19 points got the final qf spot last season, though with those draws its possible 18 points might be achievable

which means munster have to beat both saracens and racing at some stage.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    19 points got the final qf spot last season, though with those draws its possible 18 points might be achievable

which means munster have to beat both saracens and racing at some stage.

Well if you win all your home games......

• Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well if you win all your home games......

if youre winning all your home games, you should be targeting top spot in your pool.....

interesting that munster have gone out to 25/1 odds after that draw.. they were 16s beforehand

boyle sports actually have them at 33/1 !!!

• Advertisement

• Racing have a quality squad but they've been poor this year and Munster shouldn't fear them.

Sarries will be without a huge cohort for the start of the season albeit this will impact Munster to a similar degree.

The talent pool is there, if the incoming coaches can gel the team and system in time there is a championship winning squad.

Advertisement