Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Gar_wafer wrote: »
    Anyone know where to watch strikeforce this weekend on tv ? Since bravo is gone I don't know where to find it !!!

Should be plenty of streams available but ya won't really know which one's till the event kicks off

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was watching it there but didn't hear anything special as such.... Was it at the beginning?

Haven't seen it mentioned, but it was Chucks Official retirement, and promotion to UFC executives, he's now on par with the 7 or so guys at the top, (bar pro Dana and ferditta bros, one of who made a rare appearance at the presser)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Edgar and Maynard are reportedly to be the coaches for TUF 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Edgar and Maynard are reportedly to be the coaches for TUF 13.

I heard different :pac: We'll find out soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Gar_wafer wrote: »
    Anyone know where to watch strikeforce this weekend on tv ? Since bravo is gone I don't know where to find it !!!

There's a Strikeforce this weekend:confused:

Who's on the card?

• Advertisement

Dana is announcing the TUF coaches later on the conference call. Mike Fagan is posting updates on his twitter account, summarising the call as it happens.
    http://twitter.com/Mike_Fagan_13#

Lesnar V Dos Santos for TUF 13

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

I'm always wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Very interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

KenFlo has confirmed he's stepping down to 145 on his Twitter
    I'll indeed be fighting at 145lbs. It is a great new challenge. Goal is to get belt at FW & I'll be back at 155. TY all for the support.

• Advertisement

Without trying to look past Aldo v Hominick, how sick would an Aldo v Ken Flo fight be?

Sick sick sick

This is exactly one of the reasons why I was a fan of the merger, we'll have the likes likes of Clay Guida making the jump too.

And Tyson Griffin is already headed down to 145! Some super match ups coming up!

Carlos Conduit out of UFC 127 fight v Chris Lytle

Shame, I was looking forward to this fight and the winner could well have been next in line for a title shot, perhaps v Fitch or Penn for a vacant title should GSP beat Shields.

Anyone else think Sherk should drop down to featherweight?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Anyone else think Sherk should drop down to featherweight?
    Sherk can make Featherweight? :eek:

I suppose it's the easiest division to drop to, only 10 pounds rather than 15.. He wouldn't have the same explosiveness and speed he has at FW than LW imo.

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Sherk can make Featherweight? :eek:

I suppose it's the easiest division to drop to, only 10 pounds rather than 15.. He wouldn't have the same explosiveness and speed he has at FW than LW imo.

I reckon he could make 145, how he'd perform after that cut is another thing though, Jim Miller is someone else who could make 145. He fought there before afaik and he's on a tear at 155.

It's only 10 lbs, but these guys are smaller to begin with, so i'd say its pretty hard. I don't think he'd cut to it, it would have to be a permanant move (ie lose mass not water)

Thiago Silva is out of 130, Matt Hamill gonna face Dampage

With Thiago Silva's status in doubt, the UFC isn't taking any chances.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has confirmed with sources close to the UFC that the promotion has pulled the Brazilian from a planned UFC 130 matchup with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (31-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC), and Matt Hamill (10-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) has stepped in to fill the void.

Verbal agreements for the contest are in place, and bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

Hamill had been expected to face Phil Davis at April's UFC 129 event. It's currently unknown if Davis will receive a new opponent for the card or be shifted to a later date.

Featuring a lightweight title rematch between champ Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard, UFC 130 takes place May 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Silva's status became an issue earlier this week when the Nevada State Athletic Commission revealed the fighter's UFC 125 drug screen was still under investigation. While the NSAC has yet to file a formal complaint against Silva, the promotion has chosen to air on the side of caution.

Hamill enters the matchup on a five-fight win streak, albeit a bit of a dubious run with the inclusion of a disqualification victory over Jon Jones in December 2009. Nevertheless, "The Hammer" also counts wins over Tito Ortiz, Keith Jardine, Mark Munoz and Reese Andy during the run.

Meanwhile, Jackson is 3-1 in his past four bouts with wins over Lyoto Machida, Jardine and Wanderlei Silva and a lone decision loss to Rashad Evans.

For more on UFC 130, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Linky : http://mmajunkie.com/news/22435/matt-hamill-replaces-thiago-silva-faces-rampage-jackson-at-ufc-130.mma

^^ Although the above story did originate from MmaGay so i wouldn't be 100% sure as the guy who runs that site is a fcukin clown

• Advertisement

So it's got to do with the drug test? Wow! If this turns out to be an F up on the part of the commission, Silva needs some proper reparations for this bull!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So it's got to do with the drug test? Wow! If this turns out to be an F up on the part of the commission, Silva needs some proper reparations for this bull!

A Commission fcukin up, never heard of that before :rolleyes::rolleyes:

yeah, apparently he's failed one but i'm not gonna comment on rumours, will wait till it's confirmed

scudzilla wrote: »
    A Commission fcukin up, never heard of that before :rolleyes::rolleyes:

yeah, apparently he's failed one but i'm not gonna comment on rumours, will wait till it's confirmed

Well i only mentioned the commision f*cking up because this is the first time i've heard them announce that a sample is still being "processed".

Normally if the A sample has failed, they will announce it and then announce that the B sample is being tested (i remember this spacifically from the Sean Sherk case).

But if he has failed I will be seriously disappointed :(

Paul Kelly's been cut from the UFC....is he the first to get cut after a FOTN?

Paul Kelly's been cut from the UFC....is he the first to get cut after a FOTN?

Source?

Source?

His own FB page

Source?

Sorry don't remember where I seen it last night, Ariel Helwani tweeted about it a few hours ago though Link

scudzilla wrote: »
    His own FB page
    Sorry don't remember where I seen it last night, Ariel Helwani tweeted about it a few hours ago though Link

Damn. That's a shame. But they're gonna be clearing out as many 155ers as possible over the next while. This is the main reason Tyson Griffin is heading to 145 i reckon. He's on thin ice as it is

Damn. That's a shame. But they're gonna be clearing out as many 155ers as possible over the next while. This is the main reason Tyson Griffin is heading to 145 i reckon. He's on thin ice as it is

Edit: Found the tweet, was from Gareth A Davies..Link
    UFC - Brit lightweight Paul Kelly cut from UFC ....Why ? 60 on the roster, only space for 28. Shame after Cowboy Cerrone fight.

• Advertisement

Jeremy Jackson has been convicted of raping his ex girlfriend and has been sentenced to 25 Years to Life. Wow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement