Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Tried to buy a ebook - payment unsuccessful.

Any idea if they've pulled carrier billing?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

I just bought an ebook on Google store no problem

I just bought an ebook on Google store no problem

Three?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

I was able to buy a movie with my 3 credit earlier, but now I've gotten two texts confirming my payment and the credit gone my account, so I'll be onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Does anyone know if there is anywhere where i can buy digital music downloads, mp3s, using phone credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Does anyone know if there is anywhere where i can buy digital music downloads, mp3s, using phone credit?

eh, google play music store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Got a text this morning from 3 confirming that my 11.99 payment for Google Premium services (for Netflix) had been successfully applied.

Went in and checked my credit balance, turned out that 23.98 had been deducted,

Got on to support on chat, was told that 11.99 would be refunded within 72hrs,

So far I haven't received the confirmation email from Google to the effect my Netflix has been paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Yes they have mucked things up. I tried to buy a few books and the transaction failed in Google Play, however Three sent me a message to say the transaction was completed and deducted from my credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Got a text this morning from 3 confirming that my 11.99 payment for Google Premium services (for Netflix) had been successfully applied.

Went in and checked my credit balance, turned out that 23.98 had been deducted,

Got on to support on chat, was told that 11.99 would be refunded within 72hrs,

So far I haven't received the confirmation email from Google to the effect my Netflix has been paid.

I assume it's no longer possible to set up carrier billing for Netflix?

DareGod wrote: »

Correct

• Advertisement

Three have ballsed up, carrier billing not working

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Three have ballsed up, carrier billing not working

Worked for me just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

F1ngers wrote: »
    Worked for me just now.

Yeah, worked for me as well.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

DareGod wrote: »

Hasn't been possible for over a year, I'm on this since 2014.

Thinking that if 3 have ballsed this up it mught be the excuse Netflix need to kick me over to Credit card, just removed my CC as an option on Google Pay for the moment.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Worked for me just now.

Hmm must be just me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭testtech05

Hmm must be just me

I had a failed transaction charged yesterday too. Had earlier had a successful one. So seems to be hit and miss. I received texts and my account was debited for both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭webpal

Yes they have mucked things up. I tried to buy a few books and the transaction failed in Google Play, however Three sent me a message to say the transaction was completed and deducted from my credit.

I tried to buy a movie but got an error from playstore but a message from 3 to say it was applied, did you get your credit back?

webpal wrote: »
    I tried to buy a movie but got an error from playstore but a message from 3 to say it was applied, did you get your credit back?

Same thing happening here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭webpal

Same thing happening here
    Was just on chat, they said they'd contact me within 24 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

similar story here. payment declined in store twice. However , got two texts from 3 stating it had been successful.
    Will be in contact with 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Never got the 10e extra for topping up by 20 either. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

webpal wrote: »

Not yet. About 3 transactions failed on me that they deduced from my credit. Cowboys!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

sweetie wrote: »
    Never got the 10e extra for topping up by 20 either. Anyone else?

Got it the first month and not once after that

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I got the bonus 10 euro this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

You can subscribe to Down Dog, a yoga app with your 3credit. It is 10 euro a month though and the whole year can be got for $35 on the US site. Still...someone might be interested in trying it out for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have gone the coinbase route and bought some crypto (I have 2 accounts, a mobile and also a three router) , I then created a skrill account and was able to top up my Paddy Power account. Took a fair bit of messing and jumping around but worked out in the end.
    Forgot to top up the phone over the weekend and burned through 35 quid :mad::mad::mad: so lost out on 13 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I'm trying to iou buddy to my partner but it looks like now it is not working for everyone. Any charity i could donate ~7.5€ at once? I see 2,4,6€ but nothing worth 1€ to use it all?

loki7777 wrote: »
    I'm trying to iou buddy to my partner but it looks like now it is not working for everyone. Any charity i could donate ~7.5€ at once? I see 2,4,6€ but nothing worth 1€ to use it all?

Did you try the alchemy app? Loads of charities on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Did you try the alchemy app? Loads of charities on it

No, but might try.

• Advertisement

Advertisement