Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ricero wrote: »
    Surely Gastelum to ko Till next weekend is the bet of the night.

Gastelum is so underrated as a fighter and has amazing power for his size.

Was eagerly awaiting a price on this all week
    Only pp have it priced at 13/8
    Can't see past it as there's no way till is finishing gastelum and they'll come out swinging

There won't be many who'll go after adesanya like Kelvin did and go the distance
    On the other hand I can't buy a win yet am thinking of going my max bet on this despite my last 2/3 losing

• Registered Users Posts: 37,327 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'll be on Till, I don't see any way Gastelum wins. I am backing Till to win by decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Imo... best card is a long time to get try get a decent win with little risk.

Theres a very high change that Wonderboy and Till get KO'd. They've been hurt almost every time they've been touched in recent fights, and they're now fighting people known for ko wins. Kevin Lee is going to out wrestle Gregor, too much size difference. Nate is likely going to get busted up bad with doctor stoppage/corner stoppage. Masvidal is leagues tougher than Pettis and Nate couldn't make him quit, like holloway/poirier/ferguson did. He has no chance to trouble Masvidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

The fly in my ointment is the worry that Till might come out like a monster. How he ever made that cut at the lower weight I will never know, looking at him at the weigh ins he looks so comfortable at the weight I worry he might be a lot stronger.

I think my money will go on Kelvin still, but its a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Chookagian decision/Masvidal decision @5s.

Five of Masvidal's last six wins have come by KO/TKO but Diaz has a chin like the Cliffs of Moher so I think it'll go the distance.

Chookagian is the decision queen and there's a better chance of me knocking Nate out than there is of Maia knocking Chook out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭smilerf

Here mine

Well I just don't understand how Masvidal is favourite over Nate. Nate is just too smart of a fighter imo for Masvidal. I don't see any way he we ins it outside of a freak ko.
    Dareen Till really interests me. He just looks in such good shape and I think he might ko Gastelum.
    Trickiest fight to call is Anderson and Walker. Walker looks really good but I just can't forget Corey beating Glover.
    I'm looking forward to Gillespie putting himself in the spotlight tonight. He has a tough opponent in Kevin Lee but I think he'll take him out via sub in the first two rounds. Gillespie is a really smart fighter.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I just don't understand how Masvidal is favourite over Nate. Nate is just too smart of a fighter imo for Masvidal. I don't see any way he we ins it outside of a freak ko.
    Dareen Till really interests me. He just looks in such good shape and I think he might ko Gastelum.
    Trickiest fight to call is Anderson and Walker. Walker looks really good but I just can't forget Corey beating Glover.
    I'm looking forward to Gillespie putting himself in the spotlight tonight. He has a tough opponent in Kevin Lee but I think he'll take him out via sub in the first two rounds. Gillespie is a really smart fighter.

What makes you think Nate is smarter than Masvidal? Because he has the intelligence to walk forward and block punches with his face until his opponent wilts? Masvidal has shown much more intelligence than nate in his recent fights, he's fought and beat tougher competition than Nate including some fighters who you can only manage to survive if you are very smart like damian maia. He has never once got run over like Nate has several times before. Nates only recent success has been against mcgregor and pettis.. 2 fighters with questionable heart, it was not about him being smart, it was his opponents wilting. That would never happen with masvidal, hes been in there with stronger fighters, more dangerous strikers, more dangerous ground fighters and hes not going to wilt so its hard for me to see any way nate could trouble him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Agreed. I would never call Nate a smart fighter. He's predictable, marches forward behind a jab and predominantly throws the same 1,2 combination punches every time, with the odd Stockton slap thrown in for good measure.

I'm on a double of Nate and Till. I did Till on his own for a first round win. I think Nate will stay very close to Mazvidal and try and keep it near the fence. I just like the look of Till, I think he will be very strong at middleweight.
    I did Gillespie for a second round win. I just think Gregor figures out things in round 1 and takes his opportunity for a sub early in the second.
    Finally an accum. of Rosenstruik, Shahbazyan, Burgos, Lewis and Thompson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm on a double of Nate and Till.

30003-8.jpg

30003-8.jpg

Pretty much... but you never know, stranger things have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Chookagian decision/Masvidal decision @5s.

Five of Masvidal's last six wins have come by KO/TKO but Diaz has a chin like the Cliffs of Moher so I think it'll go the distance.

Chookagian is the decision queen and there's a better chance of me knocking Nate out than there is of Maia knocking Chook out.

One down.

gastelum ko 19/10
    masvidal ko 16/5

singles/double at 11/1 coral

• 17 bucks on Corey Anderson via decision.

one hypejob down, lets go kevin

• spix wrote: »

I am all over Kevin Lee also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gregor Jorge double
    And Jorge by rd2 KO

Nate gets hit way too much in early rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

spix wrote: »

Haha, that's some bet man. It would absolutely kill me that I only had 10c on it!

• Advertisement

Full respect..

Crazy odds well done
    If only it was even a euro

• Some money now on Lewis via TKO/KO

Some money now on Lewis via TKO/KO

I have gone the other way ...

Got my accum. up. In profit for the night. If Till manages a shock first round stoppage it'll be a great night for me. A Till win and Nate win will also do that for me.

• Anyone fancy Volkov KO round 1?

Anyone fancy Volkov KO round 1?

Odds on rd 1 submission for volkov have since dropped from 33/1 to 12/1

1 down, 1 to go

• spix wrote: »
    1 down, 1 to go

What makes you think Kattar will win via sub?

• Advertisement

What makes you think Kattar will win via sub?

I think hes more likely to win by tko late as hes shown to keep his power late and zabit fades, I chose sub purely for the odds, he has been submitted twice before so you never know.

Advertisement