Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smyths toys Black Friday vouchers

• 20-11-2018 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭

Smyths toys are emailing spend and save vouchers today and it’s also showing on the website where you can download the voucher (you may have to sign in)
    Spend €50 save €5
    Spend €100 save €10

Visa are also doing a special spend €100 and get €10 cash back
    I have seen it on ptsb go rewards and also aib and bank of Ireland, just make sure it’s €100 after you have taken your voucher off the total

I’m just back from Kinsale Road and it’s packed in there lol

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/

The internet isn’t for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

and it’s packed in there lol

Every Smyths is packed from now until Christmas Eve. :(
    Best times to go are either very early or late in evening.
    At least then you won't be fighting for parking, stuck in a queue for hours etc.
    Them the joys of Christmas shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dulchie12

Hi, I wonder will they take their own discount along with the visa rewards discount? Say if the total came to over €120?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I spent €114 and used the voucher to bring it to €104 and then paid with the card to get the tenner back. No reason why it won’t work as I’ve done the same in Dunnes before.

Does the tenner automatically come off the price? Never heard of these rewards til today!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Is it €10 off every hundred? And €5 off every €50? Say if I spend €350 would i get €35 off?

Goes back to your bank as cash back in a few days

Great stuff thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You will have to register your card with the relevant reward scheme
    Ptsb is go rewards for example

+1

Ulster Bank have the same offer if you use their Visa Debit Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Nice one OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/black-friday-specials/black-friday-toys/c/SM06011001

Basically this download this. This voucher is the reason I will work from home on Friday. Traffic in Cork will be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 st1903

The €10 back on visa with BOI expires today though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Can these vouchers be used more than once?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Thanks. Just wondering. As if you present the voucher on your phone more than once then how do they know you havent used it before? I dont think the vouchers are individual as it is same number barcode when using my pc or phone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I went in, filled up the trolley and bought 100 worth of items at a time. Dumped them in the car and came back in for the next 100 euro worth of stuff. Saved 40 quid on items I was buying anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I went in, filled up the trolley and bought 100 worth of items at a time. Dumped them in the car and came back in for the next 100 euro worth of stuff. Saved 40 quid on items I was buying anyway.

Did the same with slightly less value.

Also used different AIB cards & will get an additional €30 back - felt like I was pulling off a heist with my cunning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Is this deal still on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

GY A1 wrote: »
    Is this deal still on

No, ended on 26th

Advertisement