Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

1304305306307308310»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

nelly17 wrote: »
    Mellor wrote: »
    I got thats what you were trying to do. But it made little sense tbh.
    How could it sell any PPVs in the US when it was ESPN. Did you want people ring up and donate $50 in support of Pacquiao.

It drew 4.4m viewers on ESPN, the highest ratings for boxing on cable since 2006. And the highest on ESPN since 1995. That's not irrelevancy. He's still a name among casuals - and that's the target of the hypothetical McGregor fight

I thought Dana White already put this to bed and said under no circumstances will this fight happen.
    Of course we all know Dana White is a beacon of truth and would never lie, of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Hasn't everybody including Conor said he is going back to MMA and defending the LW belt is the top priority now?

Would it be reasonable to expect some sort of announcement on the Dec 30th card to kick 2019 off for the UFC? They need it it seems.

When is Tony rumored to be back, or will they wait until his is confirmed fit to put the fight together?

LW has two big fights to make in the first quarter 2018, Tony and Conor followed immediately by the winner of Khabib and Barboza vs the winner of the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

When is Tony rumored to be back, or will they wait until his is confirmed fit to put the fight together?

March/April so UFC 223 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Mellor wrote: »
    I got thats what you were trying to do. But it made little sense tbh.
    How could it sell any PPVs in the US when it was ESPN. Did you want people ring up and donate $50 in support of Pacquiao.

It drew 4.4m viewers on ESPN, the highest ratings for boxing on cable since 2006. And the highest on ESPN since 1995. That's not irrelevancy. He's still a name among casuals - and that's the target of the hypothetical McGregor fight

The point is very simple. If he is a ppv draw, he's not fighting on ESPN.

Of course he's still a name and boxing fans (myself included) will watch if he's on tv, but he's not a name people (myself included) are going to fork out money for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hasn't everybody including Conor said he is going back to MMA and defending the LW belt is the top priority now?

Would it be reasonable to expect some sort of announcement on the Dec 30th card to kick 2019 off for the UFC? They need it it seems.

LW has two big fights to make in the first quarter 2019, Tony and Conor followed immediately by the winner of Khabib and Barboza vs the winner of the former.

Jaysis, have we written off him fighting in 2018 already?

• Advertisement

Jaysis, have we written off him fighting in 2018 already?

Still hopeful for a surprise at 219 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Still hopeful for a surprise at 219 :D

You mean the one that's in December 2017?

You mean the one that's in December 2017?

Caught it, edited

• Registered Users Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I thought Dana White already put this to bed and said under no circumstances will this fight happen.
    I think it was more like under no circumstances should Pacquiao be approaching Conor directly - the implication being it's ok to go via Dana.

He may have since put it to bed entirely. I hope so tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I only want to watch McGregor defend his LW belt and fight more MMA. I also believe, however, that if he defends the LW and has one or two other fights, that he'll go box Pacman. It sells so much better when Conor is coming off a win streak in MMA then coming from a L against Mayweather straight in to Pacquiao.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dana also said the Mayweather fight would never happen and we all know how that turned out.

I don't know why MMA fans hold Dana on such a high pedestal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

McGregor has given you girls some of the best nights of entertainment ever and you all bitch about him daily on here, shame on ye dont deserve to see the GOAT return to mma fairweather fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"The GOAT"

c843ca5082f66324508f63c7ef045b26.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement