Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Associate (Oracle)

• 17-01-2021 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, first time poster though I’ve been subscribed for a while now. I an currently undertaking this course online and find it to be pretty good as an intro to Java. I am using it as a means of getting formal certification in Java to embellish my CV.

Having looked through the Development topic on boards, I noticed there don’t appear to be any recent threads mentioning/discussing the Java Associate course. Do you think it is worth continuing to follow the study path further into the Java Programmer Associate course, etc? Just wondering if there maybe an alternative or better path I could follow.

Any advice or suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

From my experience, formal certification will only help you get in the door, as a junior developer.
    For anything higher than that, experience is the only thing that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭richsull

Thanks JopyPad, that's good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭rock22

I have the Oracle books etc for the Oracle certificate, if you want it. Just send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

richsull wrote: »
    Hi, first time poster though I’ve been subscribed for a while now. I an currently undertaking this course online and find it to be pretty good as an intro to Java. I am using it as a means of getting formal certification in Java to embellish my CV.

Having looked through the Development topic on boards, I noticed there don’t appear to be any recent threads mentioning/discussing the Java Associate course. Do you think it is worth continuing to follow the study path further into the Java Programmer Associate course, etc? Just wondering if there maybe an alternative or better path I could follow.

Any advice or suggestions welcome

I hire devs and I like to see relevant and up-to-date certifications on CVs. It accelerates the technical due diligence part of the interview process and demonstrates that the candidate shows awareness of CPD. Most of popular frameworks offer credible vendor led certifications these days (e.g. Spring, Elastic, Cassandra etc).

Advertisement