Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quickly Navigate Sub forums on touch site

• 07-01-2021 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there a quick way to navigate sub forums on the touch site that I'm missing or do you always have to hit the hamburger menu icon and start over?

Thanks,
    doney84

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi doney84,

If you're on a forum that has a sub-forum (Films, for example), its sub-forums will be listed at the top of the page (between the forum title and the section that holds the Threads heading and the Post button)

Boards.ie Employee

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

E.g.

538711.jpg

Hope that helps

Thanks Mark, maybe I used the wrong terms but let's say I'm here(see attached) and I've browsed a few threads in the Terrestrial forum how do I quickly get to the Broadcasting or Satellite forums or even get to Consumer Electronics forum to browse the threads in that as they are all part of the Technology and Internet topic category?

The only way I can seem to do this is hit the hamburger menu and navigate that way?

Regards,
    doney84

Boards.ie Employee

Ah, I see! Sorry. Unfortunately, navigating via the hamburger menu would be the best way. An alternative is to search. However, the results may not produce the forum that you're looking for - searching for "Consumer" will suggest "Consumer Issues", but not "Consumer Electronics", whereas searching for "Rugby" brings up "Rugby", "Rugby League", and "Blackout Rugby".

Replicating the breadcrumb approach of the legacy site on mobile (or an alternative way to get to the main category) is a good idea and I will suggest that as something to look at.

Thanks Mark, yeah I think that would make navigating the site easier on mobile.

Cheers,
    doney84

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you follow the forums that you are interested in, the My Forums button will show a list of those forums only.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    If you follow the forums that you are interested in, the My Forums button will show a list of those forums only.

Thanks

Advertisement