Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Etihad vouchers, 33% off flights

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Is that not very expensive paddy?

If I was heading to Dubai I’d be hoping to pay €5-7/800 MAX return... Etihad’s prices do look very expensive at present no matter what dates I’ve put in for Jan- April 2021

I can’t see a one stop to Perth. Have to fly to other side of Australia to get the flight to come back across the country again.

Oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭ted1

paddy19 wrote: »
    Dublin Abu Dhabi direct 13 Dec
    Abu Dhabi Dublin direct Jan 5th.

Skyscanner best offer from Bravofly €1090 against Etihad €1,202.

So an €800 voucher plus 50% would save €290 against bravofly which wouldn't have a sterling reputation for customer service (37% bad on trustpilot).

Obviously fares change all the time so other dates and routes will differ.

Be interesting to see other examples.

I’ve never paid more than 850 with Etihad to Muscat via Abu Dhabi. I’ve booked weeks in advance and a day in advance. Ip to March I was doing it at least once a month. Those prices have increased by 50%

Was seriously considering this, as thinking of taking the family to NZ at Xmas. Didn't do a load of research, but picked a couple of dates, and an adult with Etihad came back at €1800, whereas skyscanner got the flights on the same dates for €1100 (which is admittedly very cheap).

Weighing up the risk, it's probably not worth it, as I'd be sinking a few grand into the vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

There's just too many variables at play to make the leap here.

That's not being risk-averse, it's just exercising common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Etihad probably the safest airline on the planet. The oil ain't running out anytime soon.

Nothing to do with the oil.

But as one of the ME3 of themselves, Emirates and Qatar they would be the weaker of the 3. They have sold a lot of aircraft and have cutback to the bone.

I can’t see a one stop to Perth. Have to fly to other side of Australia to get the flight to come back across the country again.

Oh well :(

Perth was cancelled a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,926 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

half tempted by this, but a bit of a gamble. have a bit of time to decide at least

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

2smiggy wrote: »
    half tempted by this, but a bit of a gamble. have a bit of time to decide at least

I think if you can find flights that are not inflated then it is worth it. Few posters saying they cant but if you can for your dates and route then its a good deal. Especially for those planning on flying long haul over the next 6 months, they would be buying their ticket soon anyway so this offer might be a way for them to get some money off.

Yeah it’s proving tough, anyone had any luck where Skyscanner and etihad have been similar?

I’ve looked at Dublin - Bali for Jan/Feb/March 2021 which are €644 return on skyscanner. €1500 return on etihad!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

CBear1993 wrote: »
    I’ve looked at Dublin - Bali for Jan/Feb/March 2021 which are €644 return on skyscanner. €1500 return on etihad!!!:confused:

Which airline/travel agent is the lower offer with? If they're like for like then it seems outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

I've flown to several Asian destinations with Etihad and Emirates ex Dublin. Never had a fare over €650 return

So we're being conned then. Would love to see if someone can find a price that's the same on skyscanner / (like for like) as it is on Etihad.

For instance the price I got above was with Turkish airlines, same dates, and almost a third of the price of Etihad. Etihad also had 2 stops, turkish had one.

I’ve tried a few different destinations and dates. Etihad always dearer even after adding in 50% offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I’ve tried a few different destinations and dates. Etihad always dearer even after adding in 50% offer.

Same here.

I was tempted buy €2000 worth of vouchers but it would be more financially beneficial just to use Skyscanner regardless of flying with Etihad or another airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Same here.

I was tempted buy €2000 worth of vouchers but it would be more financially beneficial just to use Skyscanner regardless of flying with Etihad or another airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,926 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I suppose over the 2 year period of the voucher, you would imagine there would be some good deals from Etihad themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Anyone have any joy getting these? I spent an hr on hold to the Dublin number, never got speaking to a human being. Was this a scam in to drum up publicity/good PR?

I planned to buy 2K worth to end up with 3K.

Mind you, I see Joyce in Qantas is now saying he doesn't think there will be tourists allowed back into Oz until July 2021!!!. Unreal.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Anyone have any joy getting these? I spent an hr on hold to the Dublin number, never got speaking to a human being. Was this a scam in to drum up publicity/good PR?

I planned to buy 2K worth to end up with 3K.

Mind you, I see Joyce in Qantas is now saying he doesn't think there will be tourists allowed back into Oz until July 2021!!!. Unreal.

You are wasting your time trying to get these. More often than not Qatar is the cheapest for me. Decent connection times and service. I go to Australia twice a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

You are wasting your time trying to get these. More often than not Qatar is the cheapest for me. Decent connection times and service. I go to Australia twice a year.

Will try qatar and skyscanner when the time is right cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement