Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Amazon End of Summer Sale Thursday 22nd -30th Aug

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Does the Fire Stick offer anything a smart TV couldn't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anki Starter Kit is £40.98 (€45 ish)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0157Z3I7Y/

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jellyonaplate

4k stick is faster and an all round better stick, no need for a 4k tv it will work fine and for the extra tenner you may as well go for the better stick

Depends on the smart tv tbh some are absolute pony, google the difference to your smart tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

For me it gives a new lease of life to an old smart TV (2012). The fact that I can control 90% of the Fire Stick with my TVs remote is excellent.

I basically have everything I need on one device.

RTE Player (June version)
    BBC iPlayer
    ITV Hub
    All4
    My5
    Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Plex
    YouTube
    Other streaming services.
    Open VPN ( Enables me to use my smart DNS outside of the home network when taking the Fire Stick abroad)

I only wish I had purchased another one. Hopefully the price will drop again on Black Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

How are you getting the Fire stick shipped to you? Amazon say they don't, ship them to Ireland...I guess Parcel Motel?

Sconsey wrote: »
    How are you getting the Fire stick shipped to you? Amazon say they don't, ship them to Ireland...I guess Parcel Motel?
    Yes

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Thanks lads. My smart TV is relatively new so don't think the Fire Stick would be of much benefit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

bromley52 wrote: »

For me it gives a new lease of life to an old smart TV (2012). The fact that I can control 90% of the Fire Stick with my TVs remote is excellent.

BBC iPlayer
    ITV Hub
    All4
    My5
    Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Plex
    YouTube
    Open VPN ( Enables me to use my smart DNS outside of the home network when taking the Fire Stick abroad)

I only wish I had purchased another one. Hopefully the price will drop again on Black Friday.

What VPN are you using? How much did it cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

BBC iPlayer
    ITV Hub
    All4
    My5
    Netflix
    Amazon Prime
    Plex
    YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Great value on the Ultimate Ears BOOM 2 Bluetooth Speaker £59.00 .. half price. You can also link two of these speakers for surround sound. https://amzn.to/2KPEDQP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Sconsey wrote: »

Being told it won’t ship to Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah just added to my basket to see and now Parcel Motel isn’t accepted.
    Maybe the beginning of the end for Parcel Motel deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Who's telling you this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Who's telling you this?

It's when you try buy. Says it won't ship to Northern Ireland. Strange. I got one at the last sale and the standard ones via parcel motel last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

adox wrote: »
    Yeah just added to my basket to see and now Parcel Motel isn’t accepted.
    Maybe the beginning of the end for Parcel Motel deliveries?

Weird, the regular stick will ship!

Won’t ship to parcel wizard either

Jet Black wrote: »
    It's when you try buy. Says it won't ship to Northern Ireland. Strange. I got one at the last sale and the standard ones via parcel motel last time.

Never seen that before. Wierd alright

andydurnin wrote: »

I am using Getflix Smart DNS. I purchased a lifetime account two years ago for about €28 on stacksocial.

• Advertisement

Never seen that before. Wierd alright

It was only changed in the last 24 hours as yesterday you were able to ship to Northern Ireland.
    You could try An Posts Address Pal but I am not sure if Amazon still deliver to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got stuff sent to address pal in the last week or so. It goes to a mainland uk address rather than NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I am using Getflix Smart DNS. I purchased a lifetime account two years ago for about €28 on stacksocial.
    do you have it working on the firestick? Cant get it going for me

bidiots wrote: »
    do you have it working on the firestick? Cant get it going for me

Yes work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

€100, Sennheiser HD 4.50 Special Edition, Over Ear Wireless Headphone with Active Noise Cancellation,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Special-Wireless-Headphone-Cancellation-Matte-Black/dp/B07CKT8Z57?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_9742e02d_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

they put them up to 179 yesterday :pac:

Yes work well.

How did you get it working?

If you haven’t changed the dns settings on your router then just change them on the fire stick.

Make sure to update your IP address on the Getflix page or app if you have a dynamic ip.

I didn't change anything on the Fire Stick. I have the DNS settings on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

You could use Address Pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Suckit wrote: »
    You could use Address Pal

Or, use Argos.co.uk delivery to parcel wizard or parcel motel.

Weird that they won't ship to the north though.

That message says it would not ship to N.I, not specifically parcel motel or parcel wizard.

Must try a random Belfast address and see if it would potentially let me ship there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement