Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JVC soundbar with 6 months free spotify £59 - Currys UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Masala wrote: »
    so.....what the chances that the .ie site will drop to say €80 or less and then I swoop in??

Very low !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Email received from dpd to say it's been delivered to PM antrim.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Hal1 wrote: »
    Email received from dpd to say it's been delivered to PM antrim.

Same here ... Happy Days ..

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

same here,
    what happens next, will it be delivered to my preferred parcel motel drop off point,
    How long does that take ?

settopbox wrote: »
    same here,
    what happens next, will it be delivered to my preferred parcel motel drop off point,
    How long does that take ?

It will be categorised as oversized and you will have to either collect from their depot or pay extra 8 eur to get it delivered (ontop of 7 they will charge)

• Advertisement

Increased to £79 now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭razorronan

Set up my one last night. Had a 10 year old Samsung TV and a PS3. Couldn't get it to play via the HDMI cable as I believe none of the HDMI ports on my TV are ARC out ones. Got it working with either an RCA cable cable or an optical cable. It's a much better sound than the TV speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Anyone else still waiting on delivery from Parcel motel or have ye all got it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Still waiting ... tracking says it was delivered to Parcel Motel on June 4th but so far no email confirmation from Parcel Motel itself. In general things are running a bit slow but hopefully later today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Set mine up over the weekend and so far very impressed with the sound quality. Small sitting room so was just looking for a decent upgrade to the TV Speakers and it more than delivers. The ARC port is excellent, everything works off the TV remote for simplicity.

Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭mickey1985

Got mine today from adresspal. 7.95 delivered to the door great value. Ordered wed

Set mine up over the weekend and so far very impressed with the sound quality. Small sitting room so was just looking for a decent upgrade to the TV Speakers and it more than delivers. The ARC port is excellent, everything works off the TV remote for simplicity.

Thanks OP!
    mickey1985 wrote: »
    Got mine today from adresspal. 7.95 delivered to the door great value. Ordered wed

This is actually savage for the price.....this is what i do to keep appreciating it ! Make sound output default TV speakers, then PCM and then Dolby Digital + on Netflix...just amazing !

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Did anyone get the spotify code to work. I tried and it would not let me register as not in UK. I got my sister in law in Manchester to try it and it would not work for her either.

sue97 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the spotify code to work. I tried and it would not let me register as not in UK. I got my sister in law in Manchester to try it and it would not work for her either.

Only for new registration

Works fine for me..used a UK VPN to register and then it works like a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I ordered last Monday, decided to get it delivered to Address Pal. According to the An Post tracking, it should be delivered today, but no sign yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Mine was delivered to Antrim on the 29th of May. Just rang PM today the 8th and they told me they have it and my PM number was not on the package so they didn't know who it was for. But at least they have it and I will have it tomorrow or Wednesday.

willah wrote: »
    Mine was delivered to Antrim on the 29th of May. Just rang PM today the 8th and they told me they have it and my PM number was not on the package so they didn't know who it was for. But at least they have it and I will have it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Just checked my account online and my delivery is now showing `Cancelled` not really sure what that means - I never got a txt about it.

Is there any contact number for PM apart from 076 8886677 ? I tried last week to contact them and gave up after 45 mins on hold....currently on hold again.

DriveSkill wrote: »
    Just checked my account online and my delivery is now showing `Cancelled` not really sure what that means - I never got a txt about it.

Is there any contact number for PM apart from 076 8886677 ? I tried last week to contact them and gave up after 45 mins on hold....currently on hold again.

Was it delivered by DPD to PM and checkd in ? If yes i think you should be able to get update from their customer service(i know its ****e and long wait)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Mine is also in Antrim the past 10 days (It went from Athlone?) But nothing since. Messaged every way possible since but no reply. A package I ordered since then thru them arrived today...

Was it delivered by DPD to PM and checkd in ? If yes i think you should be able to get update from their customer service(i know its ****e and long wait)

Yes, I got confirmation from the DPDs tracking that it was delivered to PM on 4th June. However I didnt get any notification from PM at all.

However now today when I log into my account I see a pic of it (so definitely the soundbar!) and it has a status history of :

04/06/2020, 19:07PMDParcel Motel Depot Stored
    04/06/2020, 19:08
    Parcel Motel Stored
    06/06/2020, 13:16
    Parcel Motel Cancelled

So that almost looks like it was delivered to a Motel and not collected within the 2 days but I definitely didnt get a text about it and in any case based on others here I dont think it fits in the boxes so has to be collected from the depot.

Those updates were definitely not there online on the 4th so only appeared in the last 2 days.

Update as I was typing this... I finally got through to support....seems like the one that was originally checked into my account was not my soundbar, I gave them the DPD tracking number and they located my one and now that is tracked into my account!

I wonder how many of these they are actually processing :D

So hopefully will get it in the next few days, for anyone else waiting if you have a notification from DPD that it was delivered probably worth ringing PM to confirm that your PMID is on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

Got through finally there and they said they were unable to match it to my PM.
    I also noticed that a delivery that cost me 7.95 cost me 14.95 the second time I ordered and now they are requesting 14.95 for the sound bar as well? Surely that's too expensive?

Got through finally there and they said they were unable to match it to my PM.
    I also noticed that a delivery that cost me 7.95 cost me 14.95 the second time I ordered and now they are requesting 14.95 for the sound bar as well? Surely that's too expensive?

If u get it delivered from depot thats the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

I just collected mine there from the depot. I rang earlier today. Currys didn't put my PM number on the box just a Mr P. Sounds good so far and a bargain at £59

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Set mine up this evening. Have my sky box, Xbox and blu ray connected to the tv, and the sound bar connected via Arc. While it wouldn’t be an amazing sound bar, it’s definitely an upgrade over the tv speakers.
    I’ve one issue that’s bugging me though. I’ve got the source on the sound bar set to Arc. It says Arc Audio and scrolls a couple of times, then goes dim and then disappears completely, which all sounds good. But it does it every time I change volume, which I can understand, but it seems to be doing it when I’m changing channel too :mad:

Edit: it seems to be just randomly lighting up even when the channel or volume isn’t changed :(

Anybody else’s doing the same? And know if there’s anyway to stop it?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭mickey1985

Can you register for spotify using a uk vpn and using your Irish credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

mickey1985 wrote: »
    Can you register for spotify using a uk vpn and using your Irish credit card?
    Just tried and could not. Anyone else succed?

Kalyke wrote: »
    Just tried and could not. Anyone else succed?

I did...it has to be a new account for it to work and cannot use it on top of 3 months free offer Spotify has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I did...it has to be a new account for it to work and cannot use it on top of 3 months free offer Spotify has.

What VPN did you use?

Kalyke wrote: »
    What VPN did you use?

Keepsolid vpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭razorronan

Keepsolid vpn

You don't know which VPN on Keepsolid you used by any chance? I'm, trying to sign up to the Spotify offer online, I follow the link from Currys, click get premium, fill out the details and when I go to Sign Up it just keeps loading without any error message. Have tried 3 different UK VPN's on Keepsolid without any joy.

Advertisement