Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sorry to hear that Grawns.:( I always found wine to be helpful on CD1.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Happy Christmas ladies, hope ye are good to yourselves!!
    All the best for 2012 :D
    I`m 10weeks4days but still not outta the woods yet so here`s hoping...
    Fri.Day x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Happy Christmas ladies, hope the new year brings good news & bfp's all round x

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Brazzer

Hi Ladies

I'm on 2ww since Monday, have been trying to keep away from the thread and not obsess but of course I am !! Am supposed to be going out with OH and his crew this Monday and am afraid to have a drink but haven't had one in the 3 months we've been trying and don't want to say I'm not drinking as then he'll think i'm going ott about it. It's so hard to know what to do, AF could arrive the following week and i'd be totally gutted but can't let him know that.

Anyways, Happy Christmas girls and here's to 2012 babies for us all X

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Brazzer wrote: »
    Hi Ladies

I'm on 2ww since Monday, have been trying to keep away from the thread and not obsess but of course I am !! Am supposed to be going out with OH and his crew this Monday and am afraid to have a drink but haven't had one in the 3 months we've been trying and don't want to say I'm not drinking as then he'll think i'm going ott about it. It's so hard to know what to do, AF could arrive the following week and i'd be totally gutted but can't let him know that.

Anyways, Happy Christmas girls and here's to 2012 babies for us all X

Its ok to drink (moderalty) during the two week wait, if you want. For the first few weeks baby lives off the yolk sac so is not hooked up to your bloodstream - alcohol wont affect it, but you sound like you could do with a nice glass of something.
    I had two heavy weekends of alcohol in my lucky two week wait in august, and was reassured that it wouldnt affect baby.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Its ok to drink (moderalty) during the two week wait, if you want. For the first few weeks baby lives off the yolk sac so is not hooked up to your bloodstream - alcohol wont affect it, but you sound like you could do with a nice glass of something.
    I had two heavy weekends of alcohol in my lucky two week wait in august, and was reassured that it wouldnt affect baby.

Thanks Neyite, hope if i'm lucky enough to be pregnant I haven't done anything to the poor little bean, had to take pain killers for my back this morning, disc pain is horrific :-( I passed on the drinking on Monday night and drove instead but lo and behold here I am in agony and having to put other crap into my system.

Anyhow, hope you had a nice christmas :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hope you all had a good Christmas girls! Any news brazzer?

Good luck to any on the 2ww.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Wishing everyone on here a very happy new year; hope the new year bring loads of good news on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Just also want to say a big happy new year to everyone on here! Hopefully 2012 will bring dozens of positives and the same amount of healthy happy babas! X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

carolinespring made a booboo and reported instead of replying. Here's her post:
    Hope everyone had a greatChristmas and that you are enjoying New Years eve. I have my whole family plus partners here and to honest I am looking forward to some space again. They are here the last couple of days but worn out from all the running around. Love them all to bits but so looking forward to the last few days of the holidays on our own.

Got my period yesterdsy and as silly as it sounds was so glad to get the last one of a really rotten year. New year, new start.

We had a good Christmas and I dropped a size!! Lots of fruit and veg and shagging was good for the waist!!!!!

Want to get down sone weight and then start thinking about trying, stresses me to even think about it but hopefully 2012will be the year of our dreams.

So ladies out with the old and in with the materinty gear for 2012!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Carolinespring: that size that you lost over Christmas well I found it if your looking for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Happy new year everyone! Positive thoughts to everyone and may all our hopes and dreams come through in 2012.

I am giving up alcohol, planning a better diet and I'm investing in a clearblue fertility monitor. I'm back in hospital for a checkup after my laparoscopy so fingers crossed there won't be any bad news here. THIS WILL BE OUR YEAR!

Mink wrote: »
    Hope you all had a good Christmas girls! Any news brazzer?

Good luck to any on the 2ww.

2ww just ended, i'm out for this month :-(

sorry to hear that Brazzer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Happy new years to everyone here. 2012 will be your year. I'm 13.5 weeks now and starting to feel great again!!!

Hugs to everyone xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi ladies, hope you all had a great Xmas & New Year! I just wanted to do a little post.. I know how hard it is when TTC we were trying for 2 years and had 2 MC's it was very difficult & without this thread I honestly would have been lost! 1 week ago today (27th Dec) our dreams came through & our little boy Nathan was born (not that little 9lb 11oz) I know it's hard but keep positive I know 2012 will be all of your years :-) I wish you the best of luck on your journeys an know those BFP are only around the corner for you! Take care xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Massive congrats Tigeress, I'm sure your little man is a bundle of joy and happiness. 2012 will see a lot more BFP's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

WooooooooooHoooooooooo:D:D:D

Welcome to the world Nathan!!!! How are you doing Tigeress???

Delighted for you, much love xxx

Oh huge congrats tigeress!!! How exciting to have the little man finally arrive.

thanks for taking the time to post and reassure the rest of us. I too am sure our time will come. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Hi tigeress. That's great news. It must be lovely starting off a brand new year with Nathan. I love the name!!!

I know I said I wasn't going to post for awhile but sure I was never going to stick to that he he.

Does anyone know what's the earliest you can test before your period is due? I'm due on Monday and it's killing me!!!! I don't feel any signs that it's on its way. Well my back was a bit sore this morning. I wasn't testing for ovulation as I was giving myself a little break from it all. But I literally felt that somebody had punched my left side the ovulation pains were that bad. I've never experienced that before. Has anyone else who's had a D&C experienced that?

My rational mind says I'll wait till Sunday to test. Anyway, any ideas of early tests?

I feel a bit silly wanting it so much after I said we weren't going to try until the new year. I had a great Christmas and New Year though. Made myself go out and had a ball with all my friends.

Sorry for the long post:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Custard Cream - I tested positive at 10 days past ovulation, positive on a Saturday but not due my period til the following Wednesday, using a cheapie test then got a ClearBlue "pregnant/Not pregnant" one which takes away all the squinting at faint lines. I`d say not to bother with an expensive one til you are actually squinting ;)
    Having a ball with your friends might have been the tonic for you, I`ll say a prayer for you x
    I`m 12 weeks1day now, I`ve an app. with the Dr. next Tuesday morning at 13 weeks to hear the heartbeat and maybe then I`ll relax a bit :) maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I didn't test positive until 13dpo, best of luck Custard Cream, I'll have my fingers crossed for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

After my last cock up of posting from my new Christmas tablet, I am back to the my trusted old laptop for posting here berfore I report someone again with a post about losing a size from lots of shagging!!!!!

Anyway, feeling ok but a bit stressed when I think of trying again but going to go for it but need to fast track so pounds of lard off first and get out and walking.

Part of me want to run away and not try again but we feel it worth the risk, at the end of the day when all this has not broken us we can do it one more time and THIS time will be our time, who know we could be blessed with twins...

New year, ew start, new baby....

Anyway hope lots of positives for all soon.

C xxx

Hey carolinespring,just take it dayby day rather than looking too far down the road. The weight will shift with continued effort and hopefully the rest will take care of itself!

I'm cd14 today and got a strong line on opk so fingers crossed this month. I hope to have the clearblue monitor for next cycle do hopefully that will help. I'm also off booze unless there is a major event and I've signed up to follow I've of the operation transformation leaders to try get myself back in shape. Im hoping healthy mind + healthy body = BABY (IES) :)

After my last cock up of posting from my new Christmas tablet, I am back to the my trusted old laptop for posting here berfore I report someone again with a post about losing a size from lots of shagging!!!!!

Anyway, feeling ok but a bit stressed when I think of trying again but going to go for it but need to fast track so pounds of lard off first and get out and walking.

Part of me want to run away and not try again but we feel it worth the risk, at the end of the day when all this has not broken us we can do it one more time and THIS time will be our time, who know we could be blessed with twins...

C xxx

Right there with you Caroline;) We're back on the TTC bandwagon:D

Refusing to be scared and point blank ignorant to any doctor talk of difficulties:p We iz gettin our babies ;)

Loving the words of inspiration girls, keep em coming !!!

C xxx

Hee Hee, you said cock up on the TTC forum. ;)
    Seriously though, well done on dropping a size - and through Christmas that CANT be easy. I'm really hoping and praying you get a sticky little bean for 2012. Can doctors keep an eye or give you anything that might sustain the pregnancy? Would Napro monitoring be any good?

I'm rooting for you and hubby to get your long awaited wish. :)
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    Right there with you Caroline;) We're back on the TTC bandwagon:D

Refusing to be scared and point blank ignorant to any doctor talk of difficulties:p We iz gettin our babies ;)

May I suggest that you pick a time where you absolutely dont want your due date to fall on (like a wedding if you happen to have any knocking about ;)) If you are anything like me you are guaranteed for it to happen then. I am missing out on the awesome hen party and bridesmaid duties for my closest sister because I will be heavily preggers. 2 years of TTC and i get pregnant exactly 40 weeks before my sisters wedding. Clearly having a baby is far more important, but I will feel a little abandoned when the girlie get-togethers happen.

Neyite wrote: »
    Hee Hee, you said cock up on the TTC forum. ;)
    Seriously though, well done on dropping a size - and through Christmas that CANT be easy. I'm really hoping and praying you get a sticky little bean for 2012. Can doctors keep an eye or give you anything that might sustain the pregnancy? Would Napro monitoring be any good?

I'm rooting for you and hubby to get your long awaited wish. :)

May I suggest that you pick a time where you absolutely dont want your due date to fall on (like a wedding if you happen to have any knocking about ;)) If you are anything like me you are guaranteed for it to happen then. I am missing out on the awesome hen party and bridesmaid duties for my closest sister because I will be heavily preggers. 2 years of TTC and i get pregnant exactly 40 weeks before my sisters wedding. Clearly having a baby is far more important, but I will feel a little abandoned when the girlie get-togethers happen.

Cock up lol lol

We have a three month window to get pregnant and it's going to happen and I'm going to stay pregnant for 38-40 weeks at the end of which we will have a lovely healthy baby. Then we'll piddle off to the sun and get married :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

You're durty mares all your talk about cocks :D

Happy new year ladies, I hope it brings BFP's a plenty to this forum :):):) so many much deserved x

• Advertisement

You're durty mares all your talk about cocks :D

Happy new year ladies, I hope it brings BFP's a plenty to this forum :):):) so many much deserved x

Says her with the big round-y belly. We know what you've been doing missy:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement