Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting 2nd provisional driving licence

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hey guys, sorry to bump up the old thread. What's involved in getting the provisional licence renewed. Can I apply for my full licence afterwards now that I have had my original one for 2 years.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭jos22

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry to bump up the old thread. What's involved in getting the provisional licence renewed. Can I apply for my full licence afterwards now that I have had my original one for 2 years.
    Thanks

https://www.ndls.ie/how-to-apply.html#where-you-are-renewing-your-full-licence-you-must-submit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

skinny90 wrote: »
    Thanks

You can't apply for your full license until you have passed your driving test.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

hey guys was just wondering if you need to sit another eye test when renewing my learner permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Flashdean wrote: »
    hey guys was just wondering if you need to sit another eye test when renewing my learner permit?

The only way you'd need a new eyesight report is if you've previously had the '01' notation on the back of your permit denoting that you need to wear glasses to drive but your eyesight has improved to the point where you no longer require glasses to drive. For example, if someone has laser surgery.

Conversely, if a driver never had to wear glasses and their sight dis-improves to point where they now need glasses (eg... age!!) then they can freely declare they need glasses and receive the '01' notation without the need to provide an eyesight report :) If they then get laser surgery, they would need an eyesight report to remove the '01' notation as above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement