Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lack of Mist/Fog

Options
  • 11-05-2020 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

For me one of the more remarkable things about the past few weeks is how little mist and fog there has been, in coastal areas at least.

In Ireland it always seems like so many things have to go right in order to get a perfect, cloudless, gin-blue-sky kind of day. And yet there have been dozens of them over the past few weeks.

Usually in Dublin, at this time of year i.e. late spring, even under high pressure mist and fog and/or high cloud would usually spoil the good weather - at least for a few hours each day. And yet I can't remember the last day i saw sea mist or fog ruin things on the East coast.

What's the explanation? Have we just been really lucky with the synoptics? Is it because the uppers haven't been that exceptional meaning the temp contrast between land and sea isn't that big? What are people's thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The air mass has been relatively lower humidity than normal. Everything is just drier than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Loadsa fog on west coast Sun morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Very dense fog here the other night too with plenty of misty evenings/mornings over the last few weeks. Most likely the ongoing onshore breeze along the east coast is preventing mist and fog forming there.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

We had plenty of misty/drizzle days last week in Cork anyway

Advertisement