Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

“The Book People” Clearance sale plus extra 35% off code

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Received my books today. Thanks OP. Will miss the Book People. We spend a fortune on books every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

gipi wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat - ordered on 3rd March to home address, have heard nada.

I ordered on the 3rd of March also hopefully we will hear something soon I check my junk email also just incase anything goes in as someone else said they got a delivery notification into their junk folder.
    Seems like they are prioritizing the uk orders first Im in the republic so hope we'll have them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

I ordered on the 3rd of March also hopefully we will hear something soon I check my junk email also just incase anything goes in as someone else said they got a delivery notification into their junk folder.
    Seems like they are prioritizing the uk orders first Im in the republic so hope we'll have them next week.

It is a total joke... Im sure that even if they bother to send the order I will not even get half what I ordered...

Will wait one more week and the paypal dispute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

in2dark wrote: »
    It is a total joke... Im sure that even if they bother to send the order I will not even get half what I ordered...

Will wait one more week and the paypal dispute

When you ordered they very clearly stated that orders would take approx 4 weeks.

Add in the coronavirus issues and very strict social distancing in warehouses and that simply adds to the delay.

I deal with a very large UK based company. they can normally deliver orders within 5 days - it's now taking them 12-15 days and they have a massive amount of automation

So its neither a joke nor a total joke and then you put an assumption that you will only get half of what you ordered.

Maybe you need to chill just a little

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

silver2020 wrote: »
    Maybe you need to chill just a little

Thanks for the advice.

Will go n chill out while reading other people's comments who say that they didnt get the complete order...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

in2dark wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.

Will go n chill out while reading other people's comments who say that they didnt get the complete order...

"people" that's plural. One single poster seems to have got an incorrect item.

Can you show me any other to back-up your claim of "people"?

Just saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

To be fair when I ordered the timescale said 10 working days. The following day I did a second order which mentioned the 4 weeks. I didn’t get the first order for around the 4 weeks. Wasn’t the end of the world though!

sillysocks wrote: »
    To be fair when I ordered the timescale said 10 working days. The following day I did a second order which mentioned the 4 weeks. I didn’t get the first order for around the 4 weeks. Wasn’t the end of the world though!

Yeah I have ordered a lot but we don't mind waiting i think with most people it's the worry of not getting anything at all and losing out on a refund if they did go into receivership.
    I can't wait for the books to come tho my kids are big into reading and they will be a nice thing to keep them busy.

Yeah I have ordered a lot but we don't mind waiting i think with most people it's the worry of not getting anything at all and losing out on a refund if they did go into receivership.
    I can't wait for the books to come tho my kids are big into reading and they will be a nice thing to keep them busy.

Exactly! It was me that got part of the wrong order-Mr Men pencil set instead of books, and I have emailed to try sort it. But saying that I saved so much on all the books I ordered that I’m not too worried about it and have still saved a fortune even allowing for the mistake.

Exactly! It was me that got part of the wrong order-Mr Men pencil set instead of books, and I have emailed to try sort it. But saying that I saved so much on all the books I ordered that I’m not too worried about it and have still saved a fortune even allowing for the mistake.

You might have better luck ringing and speaking to someone they have a phone number on the website.

I know what you mean about the cost you'd be just glad to get something I ordered a lot of books so cheaply I don't even know how they can sell them for so little. I got MR men pencils for like 79c for 24 pencils

• Advertisement

You might have better luck ringing and speaking to someone they have a phone number on the website.

I know what you mean about the cost you'd be just glad to get something I ordered a lot of books so cheaply I don't even know how they can sell them for so little. I got MR men pencils for like 79c for 24 pencils

That’s probably the set I got :)

That’s probably the set I got :)

I ordered about 5 pencil sets I got little miss, mr men, and another one I thought they would be great for party bags have two May kids but the way things are going they won't be back at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭arch20000

I ordered 3rd March. A box has just arrived at Parcel motel hq. Woo-hoo. Just in time. Maybe early March is where they at in terms of orders....

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

I suspect they got hundreds of large orders on 3rd March due to this thread so it could take them a long time to get through that. Our own fault..still waiting here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

I suspect they got hundreds of large orders on 3rd March due to this thread so it could take them a long time to get through that. Our own fault..still waiting here :rolleyes:

Yep that's it, plus it was on HUKD too so they were probably swamped. May just wait and see I guess!

Glad I paid with Paypal though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Same paid with PayPal, not in a rush for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Yep that's it, plus it was on HUKD too so they were probably swamped. May just wait and see I guess!

Glad I paid with Paypal though...

Yep, I worked out that they had over 27,000 orders over 3 days based on the order numbers of two orders I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Darc19 wrote: »
    Yep, I worked out that they had over 27,000 orders over 3 days based on the order numbers of two orders I made.
    32k orders between mine on 3rd and 6th.

Those poor warehouse staff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Pique wrote: »
    32k orders between mine on 3rd and 6th.

Those poor warehouse staff!

Team of 60.

From my own experience in online management, they should be able to process about 4,000-5,000 orders per day based on 60 fulfillment staff.

But orders come in 7 days a week, staff work 5 days a week. Add coronavirus restrictions and you may as well add a couple of weeks extra time.

It would be great to get them in the next 10 days - my two God children could do with more books

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Received mine today through Addresspal. Ordered over 10 books in 1 order received in 2 boxes. Postage was hefty at 19eur but still great value for the whole lot. Thanks again to OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

leex wrote: »
    Received mine today through Addresspal. Ordered over 10 books in 1 order received in 2 boxes. Postage was hefty at 19eur but still great value for the whole lot. Thanks again to OP

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

leex wrote: »

What was your order number just for info please. Wondering how close they are to mine. Thanks!

bailey99 wrote: »
    What was your order number just for info please. Wondering how close they are to mine. Thanks!

They don’t always seem to be going in order. I placed my order at the start of March and got it last week. But the day after I placed that order I put in another one. The second one was only for two books (well multiple copies of two books). I got that second order about two weeks after I placed it and still had to wait the five/six weeks for the earlier order.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Any luck with orders with delivery to Ireland. Dont have too much time for chargeback and dont want to loose my mone. There seems to be no contact with them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

devil-80 wrote: »
    Any luck with orders with delivery to Ireland. Dont have too much time for chargeback and dont want to loose my mone. There seems to be no contact with them as well.

Nothing, ordered March 3rd. Next Tuesday will make it 7 weeks......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

devil-80 wrote: »

I ordered through parcel motel on the 3rd March, nothing yet. I’m not too fussed, it will be a nice surprise if and when it turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Well I finally got a response, all be it an auto response, from an email I sent today.
    Thank you for your message. Due to the recent high level of sales, it is taking longer than usual to respond to customer queries. We will reply to your message as soon as possible.
    Please be assured that if you are awaiting a delivery, your order will be with you shortly. The average delivery time is currently 7 weeks.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Scott McKelvie
    Head of Operations

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I got that generic response about 10 days ago and still have had nothing else !!!

Sup08 wrote: »
    Well I finally got a response, all be it an auto response, from an email I sent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

When did you order?

Sorry for delay replying - ordered March 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Ordered with delivery to ROI, kind of wish I used parcel wizard or similar now.

Maybe they set all the ROI deliveries aside and will send all at once, here’s hoping.

Advertisement