Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Happy Rudolf Day everyone, it's almost a pity it's so sunny on the day that's in it!! And happy birthday DvB!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Happy Rudolph Day everyone!

I made lemon muffins and I'm having one after my dinner. Might even have some sneaky gingerbread ice-cream too. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just had a lovely coffee slice, forgot to take a picture though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Rudolph Day !

No cake , but on the lemon theme had lemon puff biscuits !

Corklass and Jude , glad you both are doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Well the turkey was a success! My husband played an absolute blinder. He boned and rolled the turkey and removed all the tendons and in the end he wasn’t really a fan of it. But I loved it!

We also had cake. I made a gooey chocolate skillet cake in my little skillet I got for Christmas. (I love kitchen gifts!)

442856.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

o91raq.jpg

Le Lemon cake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Rudolph Day, all! :D

We (I) went the whole hog today and had a full on Christmas style dinner only with chicken instead of turkey. And then we had our Yule Log that I had made last night! I won't post up a photo of the completed log as it was more hot mess, than decadent Christmas Log :o In spite of it looking like I had beaten it around the kitchen for a bit, it tasted delish! :D No complaints anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

My friend cmae to visit and brought me an Easter egg. Not turkey but delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Happy Rudolph day! We had a lovely Shephards pie for dinner and I was too stuffed for dessert. Getting my pj's on for a movie night in bed. Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Happy Rudolph Day everyone, as it fell on a Sunday we had roast turkey and ham (I bought a frozen turkey crown in Aldi and defrosted it overnight), sprouts, carrots, turnip, mash, roasters and stuffing with lots of gravy. For dessert we had trifle, it was all yum.

We’re gonna do it all again on Sunday 25th March except we’re having Christmas Pudding for dessert but as it’s also Waffle Day, we’ll have waffles for breakfast :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

At work and working last night too so didnt get a cha ce to celebrate but I have my santa socks on so thatll have to do for today.
    Will be watching christmas with the kranks tomortow night on my night off. One night out but what the heck.
    Happy Rudolph day

All the elves are like this today

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope everyone had a great day! I'm glad that next month, Rudolph/Waffle Day falls on the weekend too. :)

I had turkey, ham, stuffing, sprouts and roast potatoes for dinner- followed by cheesecake. Which is kind of a cake!

I will need to dust off the waffle maker for it's annual outing in March. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Since posting in this thread I receive all the updates and I have to say I think you people are half mad :D.......... which may make me quater mad:o

But I'm surprised no one has taught about an impromtue day for the weekend weather coming.

White Christmas in front of the fire with no where to go;)

How often do you get that oportunity, is anyone with me :o........

Yeah probably need to upgrade myself to half mad now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m with you. I’ve got treats in and movies ready. Now all I need is a snow day!

Yay for possible snow days!

Nay for calling our posters 'half mad'. Don't make us throw snowballs at you for name calling. :pac:

There's only thing for that mad talk Posy, and that's to sing it loud for all to hear...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Posy wrote: »

Nay for calling our posters 'half mad'. Don't make us throw snowballs at you for name calling. :pac:

As a very famous person once said.....

“Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so.
    You're entirely Bonkers.
    But I will tell you a secret,
    All the best people are.”

:o:o:o:o

Anyhow, picked up some nice pork steak (The chicken seems to have disappeared with the bread:eek:) last night during my "emergency" shopping trip:D so will be have stuffed pork steak Roast spuds, mash etc. any day now and a Christmas film. (I still won't be having Brussel sprouts:))

Just a reminder that the next Rudolph Day is also Waffle Day!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    Just a reminder that the next Rudolph Day is also Waffle Day!! :D

And the first day of summertime as per daylight saving:D. There’ll only be 9 months to go from then.

Just a gentle reminder everyone that Sunday is WAFFLE DAY!!

alternative_photos.ashx?mw=480&mh=480

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm on a course all weekend so I think I'll miss Waffle Day :(

So what's the plan for this Rudolph day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Anyone doing anything special today for Rudolph day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Anyone doing anything special today for Rudolph day?

Was on site at Avoca in Kilmac this morning & had a cranberry & orange scone (instead of a normal fruit scone) with my coffee when the meetings were finished... does cranberry count as being christmassy?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Of course! You take what you can get. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Discussed menus and the decorating of the function room today in work for our staff Christmas party in December, does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Aw Happy Rudolph Day everyone!
    Last month I remembered and watched a Christmas film. Totally forgot this month. Might watch something at the weekend! :D

Advertisement