Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Waiting 3 weeks for something from France. Its not even made it onto the AnPost system yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

My package was processed by MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 36 hours after tracking said it had left the facility.

I'm hoping that's the last stop before a trans-atlantic flight.

No such luck. 8 days later it appears at another Miami airport location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

great news mate still waiting myself

When did you order and whereabouts in the US did you order? Was it a large item or a packet?

No such luck. 8 days later it appears at another Miami airport location.

This is horrendously frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

le_girl wrote: »
    That's strange because I'm sending a lot via standard post so no tracking but I haven't had any complaints, unless they're all being especially patient.

I would get onto An Post if you haven't already. They're very slow to respond at the best of times. I've found a message to the Facebook page to be the quickest way to get a reply.

Package was delivered in the UK on Sat 23rd, so slightly over 2 weeks vs. the 3 to 5 day estimate. The post is backed up these days it appears in light of the recent conditions and measures in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

statto25 wrote:
    Waiting 3 weeks for something from France. Its not even made it onto the AnPost system yet

I had some stuff from France take around four weeks. It's tracking number didn't show up in an Post's Staten until it was on the truck for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Marlow wrote: »
    My parcel shipped with USPS on 20.03. finally showed up on An Post tracking yesterday and has been delivered today.

Over 2 months is a pisstake.

/M

Not sure if you know that there is a worldwide pandemic that is currently causing mayhem for people.

Part of this is the suspension of 80%+ airline flights. Which means that 80% of scheduled cargo capacity of the postal systems is not available.

2 Months is standard from US to Europe and the USPS have now started to use ocean freight to transport parcels from US to Europe.

A small amount of online searching will give all this information

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

silver2020 wrote: »
    2 Months is standard from US to Europe and the USPS have now started to use ocean freight to transport parcels from US to Europe.

Will you stop. This is a USPS problem only. FedEx and UPS still manage even throughout the pandemic and get parcels from the US to Ireland in under 2 weeks. I had 3 other parcels from the US being shipped and delivered while this one was stuck in limbo.

This one was also shipped priority express on top of it.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

FedEx has it’s own fleet of planes.

FedEx has it’s own fleet of planes.

So do UPS. But thats neither here nor there.

/M

• Advertisement

So do UPS. But thats neither here nor there.

/M

But USPS doesn’t. So it is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Negative_G wrote: »
    When did you order and whereabouts in the US did you order? Was it a large item or a packet?

5TH APRIL

LA

Probably a box approx 30cm long x 15cm high x 15 cm wide

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Item from same supplier in Cork, this time got to me in Dublin in 48 hours rather than 5 days.

Strange tracking report, showed as out for delivery by Limerick DSU.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

My parcel shipped with USPS on 20.03.
    But USPS doesn’t. So it is relevant.

No. It is actually not. Because at the time the parcel was shipped, the lockdown was not in effect.

Parcel shipped 20.03. and left Chicago on 21.03.

Initial voluntarily lock down in Ireland kicked in on 24.03. !!

So most of the flights were still in operation at the point of shipping.

Also, the state of the parcel indicates, that it's sat in a corner and been kicked around a good bit. USPS made it clear, that the delay was on the An Post end.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

Anybody have any experience receiving parcels from Germany via DHL/An Post recently?

walshtipp wrote: »
    Anybody have any experience receiving parcels from Germany via DHL/An Post recently?

About a week, but generally reliable at that. I get one or two nearly every week.

/M

walshtipp wrote: »

Ordered a large item last Tuesday, shipped from Germany, arrived this Monday by DHL.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No. It is actually not. Because at the time the parcel was shipped, the lockdown was not in effect.

So most of the flights were still in operation at the point of shipping.

Also, the state of the parcel indicates, that it's sat in a corner and been kicked around a good bit. USPS made it clear, that the delay was on the An Post end.

/M

It seems there are flights almost every day from the US into Dublin. It takes USPS an age to get it to NJ, a week for NJ to get it on a flight and 5 days so far for customs to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

USPS made it clear, that the delay was on the An Post end.

/M

What do you mean by this? Did USPS provide any further evidence to you to besides their tracking?

I ask, because when I was having issues with my package, USPS would not help me and kept deferring me back to An Post, and An Post also would not help me because they say that USPS tracking info is not sufficient to say a package is in the country....

Just want to know for future reference if I have any other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Waiting from parcel from spain....small...sended 29.4. Still not in....as well as parcel from Slovakia...5kg...sent on 10.4.

Both Express shipping....

Usually ...slovakia takes 5-7 days and Spain 4-6...

I hope they are not lost....

Ps:expensive items in them....

1. Smartwatch
    2. Presents for my son birthday (tablet, phone and toys)

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    What do you mean by this? Did USPS provide any further evidence to you to besides their tracking?

I got the sender to iniate a trace with USPS. Thats why I know.

/M

I got the sender to iniate a trace with USPS. Thats why I know.

/M

May I ask what was involved in initiating a trace and what extra (if any) information you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Waiting from parcel from spain....small...sended 29.4. Still not in....as well as parcel from Slovakia...5kg...sent on 10.4.

Both Express shipping....

Usually ...slovakia takes 5-7 days and Spain 4-6...

I hope they are not lost....

Ps:expensive items in them....

1. Smartwatch
    2. Presents for my son birthday (tablet, phone and toys)

Christ almighty that's shocking. Delays are one thing but youre nearing 2 months on the Slovakian parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

/M

No it didn't .

It was 12th March here in Ireland .

Full lockdown from 27th March

IIRC correctly 24th March was UK lockdown

SPDUB wrote: »
    No it didn't .

It was 12th March here in Ireland .

Full lockdown from 27th March

IIRC correctly 24th March was UK lockdown

My bad. Parcel still left the US before full lockdown though, when most of flights were still in operation. My point stands.

/M

May I ask what was involved in initiating a trace and what extra (if any) information you got?

Basically, sender asked USPS to research, why the parcel had not arrived yet. USPS came back and confirmed it had indeed left the US as per the tracking and they would need to follow up with An Post, but it could take up to 2 weeks to get a response. My parcel was insured and shipped priority express, so it may differ for others.

Also, my parcel was customs excempt, so it was not a customs hold up for sure. It just looks like An Post was sitting on it in Dublin for 2 months. No further explanation given. It arrived in the end .. just 2 months late.

/M

Thank you.

My understanding is that for any parcels shipped via USPS since mid march that regardless of where they originate in the US, end up routing to either one of the following as they are the only US flights at the moment served by Aer Lingus.

New York
    Chicago
    Boston

I've ordered numerous items before and they all previously left the US via New York.

Has anyone else had an item last scan somewhere other than these locations and suddenly arrive in Ireland?

For clarity, my last USPS tracking states:

"Your item was processed through our LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on .... The item is currently in transit to the destination.

For tracking purposes, "processed through", "in transit" and "departed XXX" all mean different things.

All of my previous ordered

"Departed New York" and then "Arrived Dublin"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭brimeh

Thank you.

My understanding is that for any parcels shipped via USPS since mid march that regardless of where they originate in the US, end up routing to either one of the following as they are the only US flights at the moment served by Aer Lingus.

New York
    Chicago
    Boston

I've ordered numerous items before and they all previously left the US via New York.

Has anyone else had an item last scan somewhere other than these locations and suddenly arrive in Ireland?

For clarity, my last USPS tracking states:

"Your item was processed through our LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on .... The item is currently in transit to the destination.

For tracking purposes, "processed through", "in transit" and "departed XXX" all mean different things.

All of my previous ordered

"Departed New York" and then "Arrived Dublin"

I have something similar. Item being sent from Los Angeles 21/3 which had the 'processed through Los Angeles etc...' until 3/5. Showed up in Chicago on 3/5 and then no word until 20/5 when USPS tracking has cleared all of the previous Los Angeles history and says "Arrived at regional facility Chicago IL Int. distribution center".

Then processed through that facility, then "Arrived Chicago, United States" then departed, 22/5, arrived in Dublin 23/5, "processed through facility IRELAND" 26/5 and is now being processed by customs in Ireland as of 7.11pm on 26/5.

Who knows how long customs will take now...

brimeh wrote: »
    I have something similar. Item being sent from Los Angeles 21/3 which had the 'processed through Los Angeles etc...' until 3/5. Showed up in Chicago on 3/5 and then no word until 20/5 when USPS tracking has cleared all of the previous Los Angeles history and says "Arrived at regional facility Chicago IL Int. distribution center".

Then processed through that facility, then "Arrived Chicago, United States" then departed, 22/5, arrived in Dublin 23/5, "processed through facility IRELAND" 26/5 and is now being processed by customs in Ireland as of 7.11pm on 26/5.

Who knows how long customs will take now...

Hopefully you'll have it soon.

Your experience gives me some confidence.

My item is only small, a4 packet as opposed to a package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

My bad. Parcel still left the US before full lockdown though, when most of flights were still in operation. My point stands.

/M

No they weren't .

Trump banned flights from Europe on March 12th and extended it to Ireland and UK on March 14th .

So by March 21st there was a limited number of flights between Europe and USA

Advertisement