Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mx5ire wrote: »
    Short answer is Yes, but long answer is No. They sound pretty good (though not maybe as good as other upper end units) and are incredibly secure in the ear, particularly when running etc. They will not budge at all.

My gripe is that they keep breaking. I have them for 2 years now, and have had to have them replaced, one or both ear pods every 4-6 months. Same pattern, one side loses volume for a few days, then stops altogether. They have just gone again last Friday, so i have to call Jabra support again. Who are very good, they simply replace them without quibble. Would i recommend them to someone ? Without the unreliability, Yes, but the constant failures must make them a No.

Do you have this particular model? I wonder are they more robust as they are the sport model?

If this model, do you find the 4.5 hr battery an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

search function not working, but are enacfire decent?

looking at these on amazon.de as a gift for my brother....

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

yes it the Elite Sport model that i have, not 65t or 75t etc. I have the lime green colour ones. Battery was never an issue for me, except when the battery seemed to fail on my 3rd replacement pair. Not an issue on my current pair since i got them back in October last year. I wouldn't use them for more than a couple of hours at a time without putting them back in the case though, so hours long battery life has never been an issue.

I would suggest googling peoples issues with one bud failing - its quite common and i suspect its why Jabra replace them without much argument. Honestly, i would not buy them again nor would i recommended them to you. They are an older unit now too, at least 2 years old, hence the price coming down. I have just bought a new set of Sony buds, their latest WF-XB700 Truly Wireless Headphones - not a lot more than the Jabras and i suspect a superior unit, and at least double the battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

anyone have any recommendations for over-ear, noise cancelling headphones? birthday present for my brother, upto €100 budget

was thinking of these Taotronics - reduced to €53 on amazon.de

or the sony WH-CH700N

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

ablelocks wrote: »
    anyone have any recommendations for over-ear, noise cancelling headphones? birthday present for my brother, upto €100 budget

or the sony WH-CH700N
    save yourself 70 quid and get the Mpow H12
    Very good sound and anc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,176 ✭✭✭✭noodler

or the sony WH-CH700N

I wholeheartedly recommend the WHCH700n for general build quality, sound and features.

The ANC is virtually non existent though so bear that in mind if it is your priority.
    They also don't fold son if you do buy a case (not included) they take up alot of space in a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

or the sony WH-CH700N

I have the Sony's. Sound quality and battery life are superb but the noise cancelling is very poor, so if that aspect is important you'd be best looking for something else. The Anker Q20 are very highly regarded on here with many posters saying the noise cancelling and sound quality are very good:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NM3RSRQ/?coliid=I1S42GUMUGTN46&colid=2TGM19YIO46KL&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

or the sony WH-CH700N

these have good reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-BNX-60-Bluetooth-Cancelling-Headphones-Black/dp/B01AAGIKCI/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=lindy+bnx&qid=1591691727&s=electronics&sr=1-1

https://www.whathifi.com/lindy/bnx-60/review

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

54and56 wrote: »
    In 2016 when they were launched with Bluetooth 4.1 maybe but 2020?

well, I was more aiming for the NC aspect which are decent on these for the money (I've the wired version) but for the price they are still good value imo. My goto wireless 'phones are the Jabra move and Plantronics backbeat pro 2, both only Bluetooth 4.0 and I really like both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

or the sony WH-CH700N

Like many other posters I recommend the Sonys. ANC is virtually useless though if that's important. Very comfortable fit and sound is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

or the sony WH-CH700N
    The ANC on the Mpow H12 is really good
    Have a look at the reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Anything4883

or the sony WH-CH700N

I have the Sony CH700. Brilliant for the price. The battery Life is excellent. Comfy over the ears, and dont find them any problem for running etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I just heard that Creative had a sale last week with 25% off audio. The Outlier Air are listed on their site for €74.99 and the Outlier Gold for €99.99. However the promo code AUDIOESSENTIALS from the sale still seems to be active.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

In the market for some earbuds, budget is 100E. I was recommended the Huawei Freebuds, the reviews looked promising.

Anker Soundcore Life P2 were also a good shout, but apart from amazon user reviews, the critic reviews are pretty average.
    However, I have an iPhone, so the noise cancellation on the Huawei won't work since the app is only compatible with Android. I saw some people suggesting the i5 knock off airpods, but is that my best bet ? Or is there a better alternative up the price range, within my budget.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

In the market for some earbuds, budget is 100E. I was recommended the Huawei Freebuds, the reviews looked promising.

Anker Soundcore Life P2 were also a good shout, but apart from amazon user reviews, the critic reviews are pretty average.
    However, I have an iPhone, so the noise cancellation on the Huawei won't work since the app is only compatible with Android. I saw some people suggesting the i5 knock off airpods, but is that my best bet ? Or is there a better alternative up the price range, within my budget.

Cheers

I have the Huawei Freebuds and no problems with them - fit nice in my ears and havent noticed particularly bad quality but I only really listen to podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Been a big fan of Anker headphones in the past but have had bad luck with the current Spirit models. Amazing customer support always replaced with no question but the third paid have died on me, so time to move on.

Went and bought the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1's, £99 from Richer Sounds, and they are *fantastic*. No idea about call quality, it's the audio I wanted, and I'm really delighted, heartily recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

the corpo wrote: »
    Been a big fan of Anker headphones in the past but have had bad luck with the current Spirit models. Amazing customer always replaced with no question but the third paid have died on me, so time to move on.

Went and bought the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1's, £99 from Richer Sounds, and they are *fantastic*. No idea about call quality, it's the audio I wanted, and I'm really delighted, heartily recommend!

Wow these look great actually - thinking of the stone colour - do you know if it's a white or more of a putty/pale grey?

Have you had them long? My one concern is they look like they stick out a lot, is that the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Been a big fan of Anker headphones in the past but have had bad luck with the current Spirit models. Amazing customer always replaced with no question but the third paid have died on me, so time to move on.

Those look amazing in the reviews. How are they for bluetooth connection? No dropouts? I'm very interested in them for £99.

Wow these look great actually - thinking of the stone colour - do you know if it's a white or more of a putty/pale grey?

Have you had them long? My one concern is they look like they stick out a lot, is that the case?

The ones I got are jet black. Only arrived yesterday, but certainly didn't seem too obtrusive coming out my ears. And they advise shoving them in as far as possible for best sound!
    Those look amazing in the reviews. How are they for bluetooth connection? No dropouts? I'm very interested in them for £99.

Not had long enough to tell about dropouts, but a friend recommended them having had them for about 6 months. Went for a 10km run with them in yesterday, didn't budge in the ears, and absolutely no connection problems.

The only caveat is that he said the mic quality isn't great for him, but not a feature I was interested in anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

Just order a pair of Anker soundcore liberty air 2 earphones for 15.49 on amazon.de
    Crazy price... Usually over 80eur right?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07ZHDYH6P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_B77-Eb6RPD3WR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

fuse wrote: »
    Just order a pair of Anker soundcore liberty air 2 earphones for 15.49 on amazon.de

Not sure how you got for that price, its showing €87.32.

Great bargain if you did manage to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

fuse wrote: »

€ 87.32 now, must have been a pricing mistake :( fixed seconds before i could orer)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

€ 87.32 now, must have been a pricing mistake :( fixed seconds before i could orer)

Yeah it was a mistake, order cancelled...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Been a big fan of Anker headphones in the past but have had bad luck with the current Spirit models. Amazing customer support always replaced with no question but the third paid have died on me, so time to move on.

Same here , second set of spirit X broke, bought through Amazon so no issue getting a refund. I face have a return slip printed off ready to go.

Use them for running So looking to replace with a pair that have over ear hooks

ted1 wrote: »
    Same here , second set of spirit X broke, bought through Amazon so no issue getting a refund. I face have a return slip printed off ready to go.

Use them for running So looking to replace with a pair that have over ear hooks

Just curious if we had the same Spirits problem. Mine just stopped turning on. I'd put it in to charge, the light would go red and blue very shortly after. I could do the hard reset while it was plugged in, but as soon as unplugged the unit was totally dead.

I used them almost exclusively for running too, 10km on the pavements, so was concerned that the cambridge audio ones I got, without hooks, wouldn't stay in, but they've been perfect, don't move at all. Also, the battery life has been amazing. They recharge whenever they go back into their case, but I have yet to need to charge the case. Pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just curious if we had the same Spirits problem. Mine just stopped turning on. I'd put it in to charge, the light would go red and blue very shortly after. I could do the hard reset while it was plugged in, but as soon as unplugged the unit was totally dead.

I used them almost exclusively for running too, 10km on the pavements, so was concerned that the cambridge audio ones I got, without hooks, wouldn't stay in, but they've been perfect, don't move at all. Also, the battery life has been amazing. They recharge whenever they go back into their case, but I have yet to need to charge the case. Pretty amazing.
    Mine basically just stopped turning on and wouldn’t charge.
    I he really do between 5km-42km jogs/runs. Good to hear that the hook less ones stay in must look at the Cambridge one

ted1 wrote: »
    Mine basically just stopped turning on and wouldn’t charge.
    I he really do between 5km-42km jogs/runs. Good to hear that the hook less ones stay in must look at the Cambridge one

42km, fair play 8)
    I'll go one step further on the Cambridges, they come with regular rubber tips and memory foam tips, and these ones appear to be entirely sweat resistant too. I found on hot days/runs I'd have to take out the spirits and give 'em a wipe down to stop them slipping out (gross!), but the Cambridges are wedged solidly in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone know if there are TWS with the Qualcomm QCC514X chip on the market yet?

Advertisement