Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 martin2012

Salary = €28000 annually

You will receive your package (Contract) within 4-8 weeks.

Date of Commencement: Mid September.

Regards,

Mr. Productive

• Registered Users Posts: 25 walshc54

Is that the salary for every role though? I would have thought each department has a different salary?

martin2012 wrote: »
    Salary = €28000 annually

You will receive your package (Contract) within 4-8 weeks.

Date of Commencement: Mid September.

Regards,

Mr. Productive

To every one

Stop asking ridiculous questions,, No different where you will be located & in what rule, this is the salary for any graduate positions (28k).. wait until you get your package (probably end of may).

NO MORE UNRELATED QUESTION PLEASE.

Yours Sincerely

You're such a troll martin! The minimum starting salary for a trainee actuary would be 30k plus €600 for every CT exemption they have from their degree. There's no way 28k would be across the whole grad programme.

walshc54 wrote: »
    You're such a troll martin! The minimum starting salary for a trainee actuary would be 30k plus €600 for every CT exemption they have from their degree. There's no way 28k would be across the whole grad programme.

OK. We'll see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Seconomides

Hi guys,

I was unable to attend the scheduled interview due to having an exam on the same day. I was wondering if there are any tips you could provide from your interview experience & presentation it would be most helpful.

thanks guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 diamondgeeza

Did anyone go for the London grad programme? And if so, any news back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DarraghMcH

martin2012 wrote: »
    OK. We'll see

yeah walsh is right...

For Ireland positions, did you receive your offer by phone or email?

And how long after the interview were you waiting for a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mmbc91

For Ireland positions, did you receive your offer by phone or email?

And how long after the interview were you waiting for a call?

I got a phone call about a week after my interview.. While I was speaking with hr I said I was happy with either Dublin or London and they said that they would get back to me, still don't know which I got though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 july1988

Has anyone recieved their rejection email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dophinsniffer

Has anyone received their contract yet?

I wouldn't expect it any time soon, the HR dept is probably fierce busy with all the staff lay offs etc.....

Has anyone received their contract yet?

Not yet.. Might give them a buzz next week

have you heard back yet as to where you will be based?

Anyone else heard back from their London interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ronnie91

Anyone else heard back from their London interview?

I interviewed for Corp and Treasury in London as well, Got it. Not sure if I'm going to take it have 14 days to decide.

Ronnie91 wrote: »
    I interviewed for Corp and Treasury in London as well, Got it. Not sure if I'm going to take it have 14 days to decide.

I interviewed in Dublin but got London.. Following the postman for the contract all week!! Have you got the contract which put you off?

mmbc91 wrote: »
    I interviewed in Dublin but got London.. Following the postman for the contract all week!! Why are you unsure?

Have you received your contract yet? was Dublin or London your first choice?

Unsure as I also have a training contract for corp finance in one of the big 4 and have had some advice that having your ACA exams is beneficial for a long term career in banking.

Think I will go with BOI though the training programme seems to have a pretty good structure.

I didn't mind if it was Dublin or London. I then asked at a later date and I was told probably London. No contract yet you?

I don't suppose you know the salary? Heard some very conflicting stories

The structure is the main attraction to the programme for me as there is exposure to all areas.

• Advertisement

mmbc91 wrote: »
    I didn't mind if it was Dublin or London. I then asked at a later date and I was told probably London. No contract yet you?

I don't suppose you know the salary? Heard some very conflicting stories

The structure is the main attraction to the programme for me as there is exposure to all areas.

No contract yet, should be here by Friday. The salary is €28,000 in ireland and the equilivant of that in London so prob £23-24 as this is the same as the € salary.

Ronnie91 wrote: »
    No contract yet, should be here by Friday. The salary is €28,000 in ireland and the equilivant of that in London so prob £23-24 as this is the same as the € salary.

Not too bad so! Also heard on the grapevine that they pay an accomodation allowance as London is so expensive that wouldn't go far...

Will just have to wait until Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gcon

Anyone else get told they were chosen for Corporate & Treasury and then the contract comes through the door saying Group Supports division?

gcon wrote: »
    Anyone else get told they were chosen for Corporate & Treasury and then the contract comes through the door saying Group Supports division?

Yes called HR about it and was passed onto someone else- they haven't emailed back yet. I didn't even have group support down as a preference. We're you for c&t Dublin or London?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gcon

I was for Dublin. I think (hope) they may have just screwed up the contracts. Absolutely no idea what Group Supports even is. Also had the problem of calling HR and they gave me another number to call, from which no one answered. I have sent an email on and waiting to hear back.

gcon wrote: »
    I was for Dublin. I think (hope) they may have just screwed up the contracts. Absolutely no idea what Group Supports even is. Also had the problem of calling HR and they gave me another number to call, from which no one answered. I have sent an email on and waiting to hear back.

They have to have made a mistake somewhere along the line.. Id be lost/useless in group supports... Will let you know if I hear anything.

Anyone else in the same position?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saysay2012

Anyone find the contracts a bit vague/generic?

Will we be sent more information closer to start date? After they've rang referee's, etc

Saysay2012 wrote: »
    Anyone find the contracts a bit vague/generic?

Will we be sent more information closer to start date? After they've rang referee's, etc

Very vague in areas.. There was a mix up with mine which means I'll have to wait another while

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saysay2012

Thanks mmbc91, guess we'll find out everything come September. Hope you get your contract sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ericb1987

ya found it fairly vague alright? do ye have a print out of this fitness and probity stuff that they refer to in section 6 included in the pack?? cant seem to find it at all! would have assumed they would have checked references before now!

Advertisement