Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men's toilet habits

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Daith&#237 wrote: »
    Hi folks!

This is not as disgusting as the title may suggest. However, being a male myself and someone who does NOT practice the habits I will outline below, perhaps those who do practice these things might be able to shed some light on it for me. Btw, I'm not obessesed by this - just some observances in my local last night.

1) When there are 3 cubicles in the toilet, why do some lads pick the middle one??

2) When there is no-one at the cublicles why do some men go into the conventional toilet?

3) When there are one or two lads at the cublicles, why do some guys walk into the toilet, avoid eye contact, run into the toilet with the door, close it, LOCK it!, urinate, and then come out WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS!!

4) On that point, why do 90% of males not wash their hands?? (OK that figure might be a bit high!) I don't know how many times my other half or my other female friends were introduced to some rake who I know did not wash his hands.

5) Why do some blokes stand at an odd angle as if they think that you want to view their willy??!!

6) Why is it that some guys stare straight ahead, say nothing to the guy beside them, and have a bewildered look throughout the process?

7) Why do some guys stare at their manhood in awe?!

That's just a few, I have loads of others. And again, I'm not some kind of pervert, I just feel it's my social duty to document these things, just as John B.Keane observed the peculiarities of corner boys!

As for my own 'toilet style', well I go in, nod at whoever is there and exchange banalities, go about my business and then wash my hands.
    You must have spent an awful lot of time in the bathrooms to draw these conclusions tbh.
    Now,

Why is it that you spent what seemed to be an extended period of time standing in the mens bathroom checking out what the other men were doing?

To answer question 5:
    Probably to stop those lurking in bathrooms, such as yourself, from checking out their penis.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Eyes front. No talking. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The youtube thing is a good laugh but a bit OTT.

Getting full marks in this test will qualify you to answer the OP's questions.

On the no talking thing...no matter what pub in the country you happen to be in, there'll always be some eejit in the jacks that tries to engage in small talk or pass some remark...on the occasion that that's directed at me, i'll respond in as short a way as possible and walk out...is it considered proper etiquette to just ignore them and get the f*ck out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

As far as washing your hands goes, I never really understood why some people think it's a big deal if you dont(after a p1ss only of course). I mean if you wash your penis when you take a shower and you don't piss all over your hands for some bizare reason, then where exactly is the problem.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

talking is allowed in one case.

When someone lets one go at the urinals it has to be commented on by
    someone. A simple 'nice' will suffice if the dealer doesn't go with 'better
    out than in'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I'm getting really tired of toilet threads....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You're not the real FlutterinBantam! What have you done with him?!

Call the mods, someone's hacked the Bant's account!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

I agree with the poster who says why wash when and if you've had a shower and not pee'd all over your hands. However if I was working with food or drink, I'd wash me hands regardless and 'loiter' at the sink nearest the door till someone went out and catch it with my foot so as not to touch the handle, otherwise why bother to wash yer hands at all???

I try not to imagine bar workers at the end of an evening picking up glasses by sticking their fingers in the glasses, and thinking about all gunk and spit and saliva and gollliers that are around the rims of the glasses, and if someone then rubs their nose or face...ugggg.

About three weeks ago I was in the IFI and the cook left the jacks without washing his hands, went straight back to the kitchen....terrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mordeth wrote:
    urine is sterile, and so long as you're not wandering around the bathroom running your hands over all the urinals your fingers/hands won't smell or be dirtier than they normally are.
    I'm going to have to disagree with this. I am someone who washes their hands, for the simple reason that I like them clean. I don't just wash them after taking a piss because theres piss on my hands - I learned not to do then when I was about 2 years old, and I hope most other people did the same - but my hands were holding my penis, which is underneath my underwear which tends to get a little sweaty and generally smelly throughout the day. I would also wash my hands if I ever felt the urge to rub my armpits, for the exact same reason. I mightn't necessarily have been sweating profusely, but its a simple case of hygiene awareness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How many blokes will admit to "crossin swords' with ur mates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Saruman wrote:
    I hate it when i walk into a cubicle and fine piss all over the seat.
    am i the only one who found this funny?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Daith&#237 wrote: »
    Yes, I mean urinal. It can also be refered to as a cubicle.

I take 'cubicle' to mean the place with a door and a proper toilet (not a urinal).

You're not the real Daithí Locha.

faceman wrote:

admit away faceman, I'm listening. Tell us all about your swordfighting exploits with your 'mates'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Mordeth wrote:
    i always wash my hands too, but really. there's no need it's just habit.

urine is sterile, and so long as you're not wandering around the bathroom running your hands over all the urinals your fingers/hands won't smell or be dirtier than they normally are.

Yes, but there may be something on the willies that are not clean and contagious too.
    Dogs spit is supposedly sterile too, but I'm still going to wash my face if he licks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Urine is only sterile when in the body, as soon as it's out in the open, all sorts of nasties start to grow on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

copacetic wrote:
    admit away faceman, I'm listening. Tell us all about your swordfighting exploits with your 'mates'

do you not know what it means or somethin??

faceman wrote:

I'd say about as many as will admit to preferring their mother to their g/f in your other thread...

faceman wrote:
    do you not know what it means or somethin??

I don't. Please enlighten me :) If i were to guess and i am only guessing now, i would think it had something to do with peeing in your neighbours urial while he pees in yours? why would you do that? hahaha

boreds wrote:
    I don't. Please enlighten me :) If i were to guess and i am only guessing now, i would think it had something to do with peeing in your neighbours urial while he pees in yours? why would you do that? hahaha

that sounds plausible, go with that faceman :)

boreds wrote:

its 2 guys sharin a loo for peeing.

faceman wrote:

good save!

• Advertisement

faceman wrote:

Peeing eh? Never heard it called that before. Gotta love euphenisms...

Wertz wrote:
    Peeing eh? Never heard it called that before. Gotta love euphenisms...

you should get out more so ;)

faceman wrote:

lads, lads, no need to compare penis sizes...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sword+fighting

copacetic wrote:
    lads, lads, no need to compare penis sizes...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sword+fighting

Jaysus chief, i said crossin swords, not sword fightin!!

faceman wrote:

What and risk bumping into you in the gents?

[edit] lol @ urban dictionary definitions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

my hands were holding my penis, which is underneath my underwear which tends to get a little sweaty and generally smelly throughout the day. I would also wash my hands if I ever felt the urge to rub my armpits, for the exact same reason. I mightn't necessarily have been sweating profusely, but its a simple case of hygiene awareness.
    You should cut out the middle man and wash your lad in the sink! Sorted.

That was sword fightin, this is what it says for sword crossin (ill presume its not the 1st definition)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crossing+swords

boreds wrote:
    That was sword fightin, this is what it says for sword crossin (ill presume its not the 1st definition)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crossing+swords

I stand corrected faceman, this is much better :eek:

copacetic wrote:
    I stand corrected faceman, this is much better :eek:

I knew you'd like it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

CiaranC wrote:
    You should cut out the middle man

That's a bit drastic, isnt it?

Advertisement