Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engine Oil Recycling

• 19-11-2020 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, If we are changing engine Oil in home, how can we recycle the old oil.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Deagol

Deltarom wrote: »
    Hi, If we are changing engine Oil in home, how can we recycle the old oil.
    Thanks.

You an bring it to the recycling centre - though I think you need to go to the main county depot, I'm not sure the local ones can handle it. I know in Clare the Inagh central disposal depot has an oil recycling section.

Also, you might find a friendly local garage will dispose of it for a small fee, they usually have a large drum they dispose of their oil into that's then recycled.

Please don't get tempted to pour it down the drain, it's extremely poisonous to marine life and will end up polluting your own local area as it's not handled by the treatment plant - it will go through it relatively intact to the ground water.

I strongly suggest you don't burn it either, the fumes are very noxious and most would fall on your own home. Sorry if you already knew this but I've seen a fair few people mention it as a way to get rid of unwanted waste oil.

Advertisement