Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical training in EIRE as italian doctor

• 17-11-2020 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would kindly ask you, as final year medical student in Italy, what I should do before the irish BST application in order to pass the interviews. My aim is to permanently move to Ireland and have my medical training there.

Here in Italy we have just 3 months of internship after the graduation and we apply directly to trainings without any job experiences in hospitals.

I read about all the documents that Ireland asks for the BST but I won’t get any kind of experiences after the graduation in Italy because we can’t work without a postgraduate training. I am trying to understand how I can work in Ireland, as italian medical graduate (SHO, I suppose), before the BST application and get the appraisal forms from 2 employers. It’s really difficult to understand because I did my medical school in Italy and it’s a completely different system.

So may I ask you if there are job opportunities in Ireland, after my IMC registration, in order to get the experience requested by the BST application? If yes, where can I find them? Should I come there and attend any kind of observership? I heard about non training post and stand alone jobs but I won't have the required experience (I still need to learn everything practical) to get one of them.
    My interests are Histopathology and Internal Medicine (BST). I did a 2-weeks histopathology observership in Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, on April, 2018.

I will need to gain practical experience from almost zero so it seems hard to being hire from an Irish hospital as SHO without skills.

I would appreciate a lot your help.
    I really need an Irish collague to gather further information. The official institutions are not really clear.
    Many thanks.

Advertisement