Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DELL Ink Refill

• 12-03-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a DELL multi-functional laser printer model no. DELL C1765nf, does anyone know if it possible to have these cartridges re-filled in Limerick, they are a crazy price of €85 each from DELL.

Thanks

G
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Stanford wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a DELL multi-functional laser printer model no. DELL C1765nf, does anyone know if it possible to have these cartridges re-filled in Limerick, they are a crazy price of €85 each from DELL.

Thanks

G

a dell printer is usually an epson printer rebranded and most cartridges can be refilled however some dont show the ink levels when printed when refilled..as the chip doesn't read but other than that I know plenty of people who have done successful..worth asking in the place top floor arthurs quay..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Many thanks, the 4 cartridges in my DELL brander printer almost equal the price if the new printer, thats me and DELL finished! The money is obviously in the consumables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Lasers use toner which costs more than ink but the yield is higher. Most people I know that have used refills/third party cartridges end up with lower quality or wrecked printers.

The model for most printers is low purchase cost high consumable cost.

Epson have a new range of printers with low cost ink that you fill from bottles. You pay more for the printer but less of the ink:

have a look at 'epson ecotank' models.

Advertisement