Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

No update at all. Just says "Sorry, your shipping information has not updated yet!" from date of shipping.

It seems the best accessory is a spare battery. I don't know for certain if spare props are included in the package, but tedpan would be in a much better position to answer those questions.

Click into the link above that and you'll have an idea of where it's at right now if i'm correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

EireCelt wrote: »
    Click into the link above that and you'll have an idea of where it's at right now if i'm correct.
    Nothing. Just reloads the same page. If I click on IEEXP it bring me here http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/package-refer/type/track and says the order does not exist :o

I've tried the tracking number in aftership also with no joy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

It seems the best accessory is a spare battery. I don't know for certain if spare props are included in the package, but tedpan would be in a much better position to answer those questions.

There's spare props included, although I'd recommend buying another set for around 10euro. I got a spare battery too which was pricey but worth it for around 80euro.

The drone itself ships with the controller, battery, extra set of props, charger, USB cable and EITHER a WiFi dongle or prop guards. I got the WiFi dongle, others got the prop guards. I've never used the WiFi dongle, just the included usb cable(the controller charges your phone while flying to ensure you don't lose connection). The prop guards get in the way of the cam on windy days, so was happy with what I got.

I watched lots of YouTube tutorial videos to calibrate the drone and cam correctly.

Hope I haven't missed anything, best of luck!

Nothing. Just reloads the same page. If I click on IEEXP it bring me here http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/package-refer/type/track and says the order does not exist :o

Really, that's weird. Have you talked to gearbest on live support? Do they know about this?

Yeah, seems they've changed the tracking system. The CE********IE tracking number only works when it reaches the UK/Ireland. They used to provide another tracking number that worked on the Faryaa website. It's missing from my android box shipment too. Really annoying to have no visibility.

• Advertisement

Really, that's weird. Have you talked to gearbest on live support? Do they know about this?

Not on the live chat, but on the messaging system. Wrote about it a few posts back, and it doesn't make for good reading. Not too worried just yet though
    tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah, seems they've changed the tracking system. The CE********IE tracking number only works when it reaches the UK/Ireland. They used to provide another tracking number that worked on the Faryaa website. It's missing from my android box shipment too. Really annoying to have no visibility.

Yep. That's the worst. Not knowing if €330 worth of stuff is coming or not.

Although I still would be surprised if it never arrived at all

Not on the live chat, but on the messaging system. Wrote about it a few posts back, and it doesn't make for good reading. Not too worried just yet though

Yep. That's the worst. Not knowing if €330 worth of stuff is coming or not.

Although I still would be surprised if it never arrived at all

Maybe chat on live support to them, mine was in London after a week but it took 3 1/2 weeks to get from London to me due to customs...I found live support good to deal with, just surprised http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/pac...fer/type/track hasn't updated you with anything, i'd get on to live support just to make them aware, would do no harm me thinks.

Maybe chat on live support to them, mine was in London after a week but it took 3 1/2 weeks to get from London to me due to customs...I found live support good to deal with, just surprised http://www.faryaa.com/user/index/pac...fer/type/track hasn't updated you with anything, i'd get on to live support just to make them aware, would do no harm me thinks.

You could be right. As I said before, I don't mind waiting. But I don't have a lot of faith in live support helping me much.

Edit. Just reread your post. I have no tracking info at all to say where it is. It may have been in London as yours was, or perhaps (and I suspect) it is still on it's way to Europe. Either way, I suppose I'm better off waiting till the end of the week which will be 4 weeks from shipping and go from there.

Myself and logistic are in the same boat. We'll have to stick it out

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35846SVdWRk

This fella says you can't use a drone in any public areas like beaches or parks, i brought one at the weekend, where am i gonna fly it then lol!

This fella says you can't use a drone in any public areas like beaches or parks, i brought one at the weekend, where am i gonna fly it then lol!

Hahaha, they're the only places I fly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

Get this drone for €335 with code '11nov348'
    Valid till 1st Nov
    Use topcashback site to get a few % back too.

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_728058.html?wid=21

Vidcon wrote:
    Get this drone for €335 with code '11nov348' Valid till 1st Nov Use topcashback site to get a few % back too.

Could you let us know which site???

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

Vidcon wrote:
    Sorry, same as in OP .... Gearbest

Nice one, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Got it from Gearbest as per tedpans op. It's a Chinese site, so it is liable for customs. It seems they use the UK as a "proxy" so it looks like it comes from the EU, thereby not incurring any charges. Or so I understand. But nothing is for certain with customs

I'm one day ahead of you, so it'll be interesting to see the progress. However, I also ordered another item from China the same day, with the same shipping date, with no update on it's progress, so it looks like just waiting it out.

How’s your tracking this morning? I can now see my delivery on the anpost tracking site.

logistic wrote:
    How’s your tracking this morning? I can now see my delivery on the anpost tracking site.

Nice one, you should have it today or tomorrow!

So it took 21 working days logistic? Not the worst, but with no tracking not fun either. Anyway, have fun with it!

logistic wrote: »
    Checked yesterday morning, and no change, so didn't try since.

So got a surprise when it got delivered this morning. About 5 weeks from ordering. Did yours arrive?

So it took 21 working days logistic? Not the worst, but with no tracking not fun either. Anyway, have fun with it!

No. Not the worst. Just not knowing anything about it's whereabouts was a pain.

Anyways, for €334, I'm impressed with it so far, and I'm only charging the battery :)

Anyways, for €334, I'm impressed with it so far, and I'm only charging the battery

Won't take long!

• Advertisement

Was shipped on 30th. I got word it was delivered this morning :)

Checked yesterday morning, and no change, so didn't try since.

So got a surprise when it got delivered this morning. About 5 weeks from ordering. Did yours arrive?

Yup it arrived this morning. Shame I’m away until Friday. The girlfriend says it’s hers :D

Won't take long!

The controller took a while. But I've waited weeks to get this far, another hour or two won't make any difference :)
    logistic wrote: »
    Yup it arrived this morning. Shame I’m away until Friday. The girlfriend says it’s hers :D

Great to hear it got to you. I hope to give mine a go a bit later.

logistic wrote:
    Yup it arrived this morning. Shame I’m away until Friday. The girlfriend says it’s hers

The controller took a while. But I've waited weeks to get this far, another hour or two won't make any difference

Great to hear it got to you. I hope to give mine a go a bit later.

Nice one lads! Great, no customs as expected too! Let us know how you get on!

Gave it a test run, and it works perfect. Easy to fly too. And as you say, tedpan, no customs. Reckoned it'b be close to €100 more if it did.

Gave it a test run, and it works perfect. Easy to fly too. And as you say, tedpan, no customs. Reckoned it'b be close to €100 more if it did.

Enjoy, can't believe it's dropped 90 euro since I bought it though..!

Came back to the thread with the idea of purchasing it, but see it has hopped up to about 480 or so. I'll hold off and see if a sale price occurs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

Came back to the thread with the idea of purchasing it, but see it has hopped up to about 480 or so. I'll hold off and see if a sale price occurs again.

Still coming up as €335 for me per Vidcon's post above.

KKV wrote:

Yep still on sale, sometimes gearbest have two listings of the same product. Vidcon's link on the previous page and use the code.

• Advertisement

I didn't see the post about getting it for €335.

Needless to say, it's ordered now. Hopefully be half as good as I hope. If it is, I'll likely get another as a backup (assuming the price remains the same/similar).

Cheers for the heads up on this, folks :)

Advertisement