Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

silver2020 wrote: »
    Customer service from gomo is actually worse than Eir (I know they are the same company) - and I thought that was impossible,

Your sanity is simply not worth the saving.

Avoid at all costs.

Well if they are worse than Eir, they must be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Customer service from gomo is actually worse than Eir (I know they are the same company) - and I thought that was impossible,

Your sanity is simply not worth the saving.

Avoid at all costs.

Zero issues on 5 sims and ports from different networks at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

kippy wrote: »

Same here, no issues on 2 sims & ports. Have contacted them a few times & they always responded. Had a query this morning & they replied with two hours. Before porting it took Vodafone a week to reply to a query.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Finally switched to Gomo, the final straw was yeserday eveing when I called into a Three store (im with 3 and out of contract) and the best they could offer was 30 euro sim only.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭patrickmrogan

If I pay the activation fee now, but don't sign up for the montly bill until after january 8th would I still be eligible for the offer? E.g. If I started the monthly fee on february

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

If I pay the activation fee now, but don't sign up for the montly bill until after january 8th would I still be eligible for the offer? E.g. If I started the monthly fee on february
    They bill at the start of the month. Once you receive the SIM they will charge you on the first of the next month. You would be best off not ordering until Jan 1st, you would then be charged again on Feb 1st.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Once you pay the activation fee, they take the payment from that source going forward.
    You don't sign up again.

You can hold onto the new 085 number and port in the future if that's what your asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

jgbyr wrote: »
    Same here, no issues on 2 sims & ports. Have contacted them a few times & they always responded. Had a query this morning & they replied with two hours. Before porting it took Vodafone a week to reply to a query.

took 3 weeks for the sim to arrive - sent cancellation after two weeks of waiting. Cancellation had all details requested - they sent reply looking for the information that was in the email sent (and which was at the bottom of their reply email)

Gave them info requested again. No response.

Sent new cancellation. They said that it was out of 14 day period. I gave them copy of previous email. They can't find a record!! - It was an email from them that I sent a copy of.

They say that original cancellation not valid as the sim card had not arrived at the time of cancellation. Told them that simply makes no sense whatsoever.

No reply two days later.

Yep, that's what you are dealing with.

took 3 weeks for the sim to arrive - sent cancellation after two weeks of waiting. Cancellation had all details requested - they sent reply looking for the information that was in the email sent (and which was at the bottom of their reply email)

Gave them info requested again. No response.

Sent new cancellation. They said that it was out of 14 day period. I gave them copy of previous email. They can't find a record!! - It was an email from them that I sent a copy of.

They say that original cancellation not valid as the sim card had not arrived at the time of cancellation. Told them that simply makes no sense whatsoever.

No reply two days later.

Yep, that's what you are dealing with.
    That's what a very very small percentage of people are dealing with.
    Others who have issues are getting them resolved.
    It's a tenner a month - there are gonna be some downsides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

That's what a very very small percentage of people are dealing with.
    Others who have issues are getting them resolved.
    It's a tenner a month - there are gonna be some downsides.

exactly - its a warning for people not to expect any level of customer service and accept the downsides for paying €10/month.

• Advertisement

exactly - its a warning for people not to expect any level of customer service and accept the downsides for paying €10/month.

With the caveat that very very few people actually end up requiring any level of customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Finally got the vodafone issue sorted yesterday. It did work for about 3 days, then nothing for a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

How are folks finding their data at peak times? Much congestion and slowdown?
    Currently with Three and it's the most frustrating experience possible. I can get up to 80mbps in the morning but come 5 every evening it absolutely tanks and usually sits about 1mbps making things like streaming nigh on impossible.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Currently with Three and it's the most frustrating experience possible. I can get up to 80mbps in the morning but come 5 every evening it absolutely tanks and usually sits about 1mbps making things like streaming nigh on impossible.
    Not noticed any issues. But maybe not a whole lot of traffic on the local masts near me at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

almee wrote: »
    Finally got the vodafone issue sorted yesterday. It did work for about 3 days, then nothing for a month!

How did you sort it?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

tandcapply wrote: »
    I've had no phone coverage in south county Dublin on two sims since the 16th.
    No technical support number I can think of. Anyone javing same issues?

Did you have coverage on your GoMo SIMs before the 16th?

I'm in South Co. Dublin and have coverage on two sims which are both working very well for calls/texts and internet.

As an aside - I lost/misplaced one of the GoMo SIMs and after turning the house upside-down and failing to find it I ordered a replacement SIM, this arrived in about 2 days and worked effortlessly once activated in MyGoMo by entering the PUK code. (You rarely hear from happy punters)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,662 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Actually I read yesterday that Comreg have ordered them to up their game on that front following a lot of complaints
    Comreg says that the Eir-owned service, which has raced to almost 100,000 customers in just two months because of a knock-down €10-per-month offer, has frustrated unsatisfied customers by not including a phone number for complaints and customer service.

This was against Comreg's rules, the watchdog says.

"ComReg’s Consumer Care Department has received a large number of contacts from consumers that had signed up to GoMo," said the regulator in a statement today.

"ComReg has directed GoMo to include a phone number in its Code of Practice for customers that wish to make a complaint."

That said, I've still had zero issues and I've been with them pretty much from the start. Same with the second number I ordered. Ditto 2 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    How did you sort it?

Just decided to start working, they did tell me they were working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Actually I read yesterday that Comreg have ordered them to up their game on that front following a lot of complaints

That said, I've still had zero issues and I've been with them pretty much from the start. Same with the second number I ordered. Ditto 2 others.

Bit like vodafone have a phone number that is as useful as ringing the talking clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Testament1 wrote: »

EIR Have a ****load of spare capacity and are upgrading their masts to handle more. ,congestion shouldn’t be an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

ted1 wrote: »
    EIR Have a ****load of spare capacity and are upgrading their masts to handle more. ,congestion shouldn’t be an issue

I'm mostly either in the docklands area in Dublin and Ashtown. I've found the quality on the data to be fairly bad overall to be honest. I've also had to restart my phone a few times to get the internet to connect again and it's not the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭garyfleming7

If I port my number to GoMo and its cr@p, can I keep my number and move back to 3?

Would I be better off keeping my number and trialling the new sim? (I have a dual sim phone).

Also, do you get free roaming to the UK with GoMo? Normally roaming fees are where the Bill's add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If I port my number to GoMo and its cr@p, can I keep my number and move back to 3?

Would I be better off keeping my number and trialling the new sim? (I have a dual sim phone).

Also, do you get free roaming to the UK with GoMo? Normally roaming fees are where the Bill's add up.

You can unless someone decks up and loses it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

>>>GoMo FAQ thread in Mobile forum

If you aren't happy, you can leave at anytime, and port your number to any network.
    If you want the offer, I would port your number early in the new year.
    EU roaming is included as per FAQ thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

When was the last time you travelled to another EU country?
    There has been an EU law that prohibits roaming charges that came into effect two and a half years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is this online only or can I get this in an eir store? Ideally need the SIM today.

Is this online only or can I get this in an eir store? Ideally need the SIM today.

Online only, nothing to do with Eir. Same company but completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Roaming in the UK is free up until the 31st of Jan, after which you will have to pay for it just like going to the US or Australia. Roaming in the EU will remain free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Online only, nothing to do with Eir. Same company but completely different.

It's a different company I believe. Owned by the same entity and sharing the same network infrastructure but a different company.

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    It's a different company I believe. Owned by the same entity and sharing the same network infrastructure but a different company.

Exactly what I just said.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement