Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm on an eir sim only plan. Thinking of moving to gomo. If I choose to port my number, do I need to contact eir to end my current plan or will the port to gomo terminate the plan automatically? I'm happy enough to pay for the notice period of 30 days.

You won’t need to contact Eir, porting will automatically cancel your Eir account and you’ll also receive a refund from Eir from cancellation date to end of your billing cycle in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

kceire wrote: »
    Post pay multi line is correct.
    It can take longer on multi lines.

I done 3 this week on single lines and all ported within 5 mins of the selected time. I then done the 2 on my account from Eir and it took 12 hours.

Thanks what account number did you use? The eir account number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Might have been answered, but im reading this on the site, can i purchase a sim now...and port my wifes number over to it at a later date. I know i have to pay 9.99 every month up to that though

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

BKWDR wrote: »
    Might have been answered, but im reading this on the site, can i purchase a sim now...and port my wifes number over to it at a later date. I know i have to pay 9.99 every month up to that though

Thanks
    Yes!

Got my 2sims today and arranged the porting a half an hour after that and all went smoothly.

I have never seen speeds like this on my phone
    Be still my beating heart
    Screenshot-20191206-143026.jpgfree photo hosting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

blade1 wrote: »
    Got my 2sims today and arranged the porting a half an hour after that and all went smoothly.

Where is this?

cronos wrote: »
    Where is this?

Youghal Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Enjoy ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Are you sitting on the mast?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

bromley52 wrote: »
    Are you sitting on the mast?

I'd say that would be pretty uncomfortable..:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks what account number did you use? The eir account number?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I got 130 Download and 30 Upload in the same spot last Sunday. There are a couple of cells on the wall, nice to know 5 Months later it's pretty much the same

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

mrmorgan wrote: »
    I hear people are having awful problems with them

My download speed is absolutely terrible, it's less than 5Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

batman2000 wrote: »
    My download speed is absolutely terrible, it's less than 5Mbps

It all depends on your location on the map, physical building makeup and phone hardware.
    See past few posts for the variance.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

After the 8th January 2020 the Price will increase to €14.99/a month for New Customers.

CVB

I just know ..... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

CVB wrote: »
    After the 8th January 2020 the Price will increase to €14.99/a month for New Customers.

CVB

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

CVB

Source?

Any increase in data or international calls in the new package?

In Italy, iliad, which has the same owner as Eir, increased their price by 2 euro a month, after the expiry of the initial offer, but increased the data allowance and included international calls to 50 countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

CVB

If I keep my "for life" SIM card and don't port my number till after the 8th of January will I still get the 9.99 offer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

If I keep my "for life" SIM card and don't port my number till after the 8th of January will I still get the 9.99 offer

Yes.

Well if you have a sim already, then you are already paying €9.99, so yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

How do you this? Do you order and just put a move date out in the future? Are you charged activation fee?

webpal wrote: »
    How do you this? Do you order and just put a move date out in the future? Are you charged activation fee?

Once you order your sim you are charged the activation fee, then on the 1st of the following month you’ll be charged the €9.99 monthly fee regardless of whether you activate the sim or not.

You don’t have to port.
    Just order a new sim and you’ll get an 085 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

kceire wrote: »
    You don’t have to port.
    Just order a new sim and you’ll get an 085 number.

Thanks, I would like to keep my number

Thanks, I would like to keep my number

Then port

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Where did you hear that?

I just know ;-)

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Still waiting on them to fix the problem with receiving calls from Vodafone, now telling me the problem is with Vodafone! I'll log it with Vodafone and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

almee wrote: »
    Still waiting on them to fix the problem with receiving calls from Vodafone, now telling me the problem is with Vodafone! I'll log it with Vodafone and see what they have to say.

Rubbish. Don’t believe a word they say. The issue is with the port. I couldn’t receive any calls or sms from the 3 network. They told me issue was with 3 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭tandcapply

I've had no phone coverage in south county Dublin on two sims since the 16th.
    No technical support number I can think of. Anyone javing same issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Customer service from gomo is actually worse than Eir (I know they are the same company) - and I thought that was impossible,

Your sanity is simply not worth the saving.

Avoid at all costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement