Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Springboard courses. Free college courses sponsored by the Irish Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

kilburn wrote: »
    On one in UL also for Lean, which course did you apply for?

I did that one. :) Lot of work but it is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IwishIknew2020

Anyone starting the BA in Management Practice in UL next week?

I have just spent a few hours going through all the intro. stuff, set up a profile etc on UL website..anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

accepted a place in CIT for Master Black Belt.. now to do the work

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Anyone completed the 'Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Devices and Business' could you please PM me. Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Just heard back from NUIG, wasn't offered a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

SATSUMA wrote: »

My wife also got a negative response just now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Got same email from them this morning too 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 3 loly123

Ditto. I had been hopeful for a place as advert indicated first offers would be made in order of receipt of applications and I applied at end of June. Not sure if the approach changed or if volume of applications high from initial opening of course for applications, perhaps a combination of these factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Got my place on the PGDip Cybersecurity in letterkenny. Letter in the post this morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Burgo wrote: »
    Got my place on the PGDip Cybersecurity in letterkenny. Letter in the post this morning.

When did you accept the offer and did you have to do anything after accepting the offer? Accepted mine on the 18th, but nothing in the mail as of yet. I did accept it late in the day though, so no surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Kiith wrote: »
    When did you accept the offer and did you have to do anything after accepting the offer? Accepted mine on the 18th, but nothing in the mail as of yet. I did accept it late in the day though, so no surprise.

Yeah on springboard I accepted the offer, got an email on the 20th of July looking for documents, never uploaded them to the site so emailed back.

I emailed lyit last week and got:
    "As far as I’m aware they are due to begin the process of issuing registration letters to Springboard students from this week onwards. So hopefully there will be something with you by the end of next week."

So I'd imagine you'll be hearing at some point this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Also received my letter from LYIT this morning with registration details :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Did anyone hear anything from IT Sligo yet re: level 6 validation technologies?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Got email from sligo it for online registration but it’s saying my PPS number is already assisted to another record.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything from IT Sligo yet re: level 6 validation technologies?

Yep and accepted it a couple of weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IwishIknew2020

My wife also got a negative response just now

Sorry to hear that. She might get lucky. I think she was looking at the Diploma in Learning/Dev? I cancelled my place in it yesterday. I would contact them and ask them is she on a wait list. I was on a wait list for 24hrs for UL and then got the place.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

I got an offer from GetReSkilled (TU Dublin is the awarding certificate). Got it on Sunday evening and by Thursday I have to have documents sent for official acceptance. One of the documents i need to get signed is by a commissioner of oaths which is a bit of a pain but sure i shouldnt complain when im getting an almost free course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Sorry to hear that. She might get lucky. I think she was looking at the Diploma in Learning/Dev? I cancelled my place in it yesterday. I would contact them and ask them is she on a wait list. I was on a wait list for 24hrs for UL and then got the place.
    Fingers crossed.

Yea that's the course she was looking at alright, she was told she was on a wait list. I'll get her to email them to make sure. Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

mel123 wrote: »
    I got an offer from GetReSkilled (TU Dublin is the awarding certificate). Got it on Sunday evening and by Thursday I have to have documents sent for official acceptance. One of the documents i need to get signed is by a commissioner of oaths which is a bit of a pain but sure i shouldnt complain when im getting an almost free course.

That's quite extreme all right! I had to provide bill (used bank statement), letter from emplyoer or wageslip and then pay the 10% when the time comes. Got my student number yesterday. Just the 10% of fee left and then all ready (haven't gotten invoice for that yet)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just accepted the Certificate in Digital Enterprise in TUD Blanchardstown today. Looking forward to having something to do again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

tritium wrote: »
    Congrats, look forward to (virtually) seeing you there classmate :)

I will also be starting that course. Looking forward to virtually seeing you there!
    Have you any idea if we will be attending lectures face to face at all or if it'll be all online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Kiith wrote: »
    I accepted the Post Grad in Cyber Security in Letterkenny yesterday. It's entirely online based, and i got some more info from the Springboard contact, so looking forward to starting that soon.
    Burgo wrote: »

Cyber buddies :). Also accepted place in LYIT

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

Cyber buddies :). Also accepted place in LYIT

That makes four of us! Looking forward to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Yep and accepted it a couple of weeks back

Congrats! :)I submitted an application and am waiting on a reply.

Have you been given a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭tritium

bleuhh wrote: »
    I will also be starting that course. Looking forward to virtually seeing you there!
    Have you any idea if we will be attending lectures face to face at all or if it'll be all online?

Awesome, some of these courses are going to have their own little boards gang at this stage. In terms of delivery It’s listed as blended which would mix online and class but there’s no timetable available for this year yet as far as I can see. Hoping that it’s largely online for the first while at least tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

I've an email saying the first term will be online, I suppose until C19 is under control again. I'm not sure what a term is compared to a semester? I think in schools there are three terms and college two semesters?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

fast_eddie wrote: »

Anyone here doing science in computing 2 year PT in TU Dublin Blanch? Need to get a rival gang going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭phily2002

fast_eddie wrote: »

I'm the same, have you all received the letter? still waiting on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

phily2002 wrote: »
    I'm the same, have you all received the letter? still waiting on mine

just email so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hi, has anyone any experience with AIT springboard courses? I accepted course and registered last week, got my Student number and haven't been able to do much else since.
    Access to the student logins don't seem to be operational yet.
    Also the registration email said to upload photo for student ID but i haven't been able to find the right place on their site to carry this out yet.

Have tried phoning a few times but no answer yet.

Still, excited and looking forward to getting going!

Advertisement