Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacing Electrical Hob but gap left in worktop

• 08-07-2020 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

I am replacing an hob in a house but the original hob is very big and when I have removed it from the worktop , it is very hard to get a new hob that will as big as it.
    As a result there is a big gap in the work top on both size. Basically the new hob is too small for the original opening.

Is there anything that I can get from the manufactures of the hob to allow for this so it would fill in the gap and make it look ok? Otherwise I will have to replace the whole worktop in the kitchen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

kala85 wrote: »
    I am replacing an hob in a house but the original hob is very big and when I have removed it from the worktop , it is very hard to get a new hob that will as big as it.
    As a result there is a big gap in the work top on both size. Basically the new hob is too small for the original opening.

Is there anything that I can get from the manufactures of the hob to allow for this so it would fill in the gap and make it look ok? Otherwise I will have to replace the whole worktop in the kitchen.

Probably best to talk to a cabinet maker. They might have come across this and have a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Is the type of counter top still available. If it is a carpenter would be able to fill the gap and use metal joiners to hide the joins. If not I think you'd have to find a suitable piece to add to it. I cant see it looking great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

What size is the cutout? is it laminate or solid worktop.

If laminate and the edges of the hole are exposed the only thing I can think of is overlay it with stainless frame if you have a CNC or laser cutting company near you they might do you a favour at a reasonable price

Advertisement