Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Haven't watched NXT in probably a month but gave it a go today and it had ups and downs. I thought Io/Sasha was on course for 4 stars+ but the schmozz finish is disappointing, with a hot closing stretch that could've been one of WWE's best matches so far this year.

They see something in Lumis nobody else does. Poor Roddy saddled with one of the worst gimmick matches in wrestling history and a mediocre wrestler couldn't really do much with the odds against him.

Women's 4 way was a nice opener. And I enjoyed Thatcher/Oney a lot, went ***1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Haven't watched NXT in probably a month but gave it a go today and it had ups and downs. I thought Io/Sasha was on course for 4 stars+ but the schmozz finish is disappointing, with a hot closing stretch that could've been one of WWE's best matches so far this year.

They see something in Lumis nobody else does. Poor Roddy saddled with one of the worst gimmick matches in wrestling history and a mediocre wrestler couldn't really do much with the odds against him.

Women's 4 way was a nice opener. And I enjoyed Thatcher/Oney a lot, went ***1/2.

i didnt mind the schmozz finish as it built to askua/sasha and possible tag team match as this is a one off match leaves a bit on the table for a eventual rematch and hopefully in front of a paying crowd not that its happening anytime soon

strap matches really are the dirt worst kind of gimmick matches

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lumis is cool.

Tegan Nox is irritating. Another one of those super-bland happy babyfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was trying to figure out what Nox was at with the faces she was making.
    I did laugh at Mia's jab when she and Tegan were facing each other with fists raised. It was just out of nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Heads up, The Keith Lee/Adam Cole match set for Night 2 of NXT's Great American Bash next week, has been spoiled online.

Someone in NXT is in some big, big trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lumis is cool.

Tegan Nox is irritating. Another one of those super-bland happy babyfaces.

Kai is the one with the higher ceiling but I imagine Nox is the better match right now to a heel Shirai.

It really is criminal how talented that women's roster is though, that so many of them have been on the roster long enough to be worthy of a title run but were sidetracked by the Baszler come Ripley show.

Not sure at all about the Nox comments, she's a fantastic face, real pure and just gets it. Absolutely somebody they could build a women's division around if the booking were correct NXT or main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm wonder was the spoiler leaked on purpose to get eyes on the show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm wonder was the spoiler leaked on purpose to get eyes on the show tonight.

It would seem absurd to leak it on purpose. Ruins the element of surprise too. Unless they were so unsure they couldn't topple AEW for the 2nd week on the bounce.

Isn't the spoiler at the time one of the things listed as the turning point for the Monday Night Wars. WCW revealed Foley was getting the title then everyone switched over to see that happen.
    Nearing the end, I thought Lee was going to lose and get called up.
    Surprised Mia didn't come out at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    i didnt mind the schmozz finish as it built to askua/sasha and possible tag team match as this is a one off match leaves a bit on the table for a eventual rematch and hopefully in front of a paying crowd not that its happening anytime soon

strap matches really are the dirt worst kind of gimmick matches

The way WWE and other companies do them now I'd agree they aren't great BUT strap/bullrope/chain matches if done right can tell an amazing story because of the strap stopping the movement of the two competitors. The four corners part again when done right can be superb. So sky I agree to a point but not your blanket statement about the whole match type.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

glad to see a new NXT champion and think Keith Lee will thrive from it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lee has an aura about him that's undeniable.

His moments with Brock and Reigns showed that. The crowd were fully behind a guy most barely knew (probably).

I do worry the "Superstar 2 Belts" thing is getting a bit overdone now. But Lee has the look about him that he'd be the type of guy you'd expect to hold everything he wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't see Mercedes Martinez' match but she has the entrance down. Looks like a star.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lee has an aura about him that's undeniable.

His moments with Brock and Reigns showed that. The crowd were fully behind a guy most barely knew (probably).

I do worry the "Superstar 2 Belts" thing is getting a bit overdone now. But Lee has the look about him that he'd be the type of guy you'd expect to hold everything he wanted to.

Hope they don't rush him up to the main roster

Him coming out winning the rumble would really make him a top guy

• Registered Users Posts: 85,011 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What next for Cole, Raw or SD or staying on NXT maybe feuding with his Undisputed Era?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    staying on NXT maybe feuding with his Undisputed Era?

I was expecting the rest of them too turn on him and he would lose the title that way

Fairly average week from an in ring perspective but the billing of Adam Cole at 6ft and 210 pounds got a good chuckle at least. There's exaggeration and then there's wrestling exaggeration!

Probably best match was the Lee/Cole match though I wasn't mad about the structure of it and that breaking the plastic screen has become the breaking the ring barrier spot way too quickly. ***1/4

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What do they do with Kross now does he beat Lee for one or both titles or lose and destroy all momentum he is built while destroying all before him.

If Lee loses to Kross after just winning the title that hurts him.

What do they do with Kross now does he beat Lee for one or both titles or lose and destroy all momentum he is built while destroying all before him.

If Lee loses to Kross after just winning the title that hurts him.

Maybe do a triple threat programme with Lee,Kross and Ciampa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It would seem absurd to leak it on purpose. Ruins the element of surprise too. Unless they were so unsure they couldn't topple AEW for the 2nd week on the bounce.

NXT beat AEW three weeks in a row.

764dak wrote: »
    NXT beat AEW three weeks in a row.

The NXT issue is the demo. Biggest TV match they've done in years (maybe ever) and they only scored a 0.20. If you're in the room when that number comes out there's definitely no celebrating. They rarely crack top 25 for the night in the demo. For perspective the lowest they've gone is 0.16, this show with the biggest match they can do with their own roster hits a 0.20, giving away the big Lee victory for free. There's no world in which that is considered a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

I was disappointed with the Cole vs Lee match I was expecting a lot better from the two of them. NXT needed a fresh champion but I don't think Lee was the man to beat Cole at this time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Have to get the other belt off Lee too. Will destroy a lot of the competition with one guy holding 2 belts. Either he gives it up or someone takes him for it non cleanly. Maybe Balor or someone takes it due to Adam Cole/UE interference. Can then have Cole get a rematch and after he loses, move him up and have Kross come for Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

titan18 wrote: »
    Have to get the other belt off Lee too. Will destroy a lot of the competition with one guy holding 2 belts. Either he gives it up or someone takes him for it non cleanly. Maybe Balor or someone takes it due to Adam Cole/UE interference. Can then have Cole get a rematch and after he loses, move him up and have Kross come for Lee.

Is the GAB on the network yet? Can’t find it.

0.14 in the demo (is that their lowest ever number?)
    6,000 male 18-34 though is the big takeaway number from this week. At a time where their ratings are in freefall, this is the number that I think is the most jarring of any they've done across the 3 brands. Everybody and their dog knows this is a company that has a young person problem but even with that being common knowledge that number attached to a WWE brand is practically mind blowing. Coming off the Lee Title win last week too. They've got no fresh big matches left on this brand, at best they can rely on trying to pop a number by using talent from the other 2 brands but even that has a very limited shelf life and after you devalue the novelty of seeing Raw and SD stars on NXT where do you go from there?

They've failed to make stars, but even more difficult is that they've failed to make stars that any young person wants to watch. NXT is counter programming, I get that, but having it on national TV has killed the idea of it as the cool hip brand and along with that it's destroyed the Triple H aura as "saviour of WWE" he's overseeing one of the worst failures in this company's history.

I wonder will Ciampa return and go after Kross or go for the titles

Just hope him and Gargano are kept apart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

I kinda feel like Ciampa might cost Kross the title or something along those lines.
    Feels too early and a mistake to hotshot the title to Kross and I think they want Lee to hold the main title for a bit.
    God knows about the North American title though.

So North American title relinquished and looks like trying to put some of the newer guys in the spotlight.

The reaction to Roderick's seemed off. Seemed they were pumping in the audio. Was the same multiple times, but really noticed it here

• Advertisement

something missing for Killian Dane and don't knw what it is

Crazy to think he was on the main roster and done **** all

Advertisement