Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Blacks v Irish property developers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Oh I don't like a sport so how dare anyone else like it. Like four year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The fans let themselves down by booing during the Haka, you would have thought they would have been told when they were going to their private school that it's bad manners to do someting like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The fans let themselves down by booing during the Haka, you would have thought they would have been told when they were going to their private school that it's bad manners to do someting like that.

Plenty of rugby fans went to normal schools.grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I dislike a lot of the fair weather fandom, south Dublin exclusivity, Guinness BS etc. Despite that, anybody playing at the world cup is a hard working, professional athlete. I admire that effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Yes they are awful but they do manage to punch above our weight on occasion, they beat the world champions only a few years ago and we barely have our own league ffs
    In a challenge game. When push comes to shove they always **** up

• Advertisement

In Gaelic football, really? I think an international tournament would be a good idea, would help the GAA grow to a global audience. Australia, GB and USA wouldn't disgrace themselves Id imagine
    Get their act together in Ireland first. Any G.A.A. activity overseas is great social fun and keeps ex pats together which is fantstic but thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Plenty of rugby fans went to normal schools.grow up

Only an utter dope would boo at it, whatever school they came out of.
    Better review 'best fans in the world' status.

Only an utter dope would boo at it, whatever school they came out of.
    Better review 'best fans in the world' status.
    That status is reserved for the soccer lads, Delaney and the boys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Edgware wrote: »
    In a challenge game. When push comes to shove they always **** up

He was talking about the football team beating Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In Gaelic football, really? I think an international tournament would be a good idea, would help the GAA grow to a global audience. Australia, GB and USA wouldn't disgrace themselves Id imagine

Can’t see that happening...when GAA players throw shapes against players from overseas and they stand up to it, they suddenly don’t want to play anymore and end up having to cancel the whole series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Motivator

Imagine how miserable you have to be to want your own team to be beaten. Ffs

They don’t stand for the Irish national anthem, they mean sweet F A to me. They got their arses handed to them today by a proper team. The writing was on the wall for a long time with this crowd and they got humiliated from start to finish. Joe Schmuck out the door with his reputation in tatters in this country. There were grown men crying into their moustaches in gastro pubs and wine bars across Ireland today. EMBARRESSING

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Rugby team ranked 4/30, soccer team ranked 28/210, funnily both exactly in the same position percentage wise as being in the top 13.33%, so maybe the media might start being a bit more positive about the soccer team and being a bit(alot)less positive about the rugby team, had enough of joe molloy and off the ball crew every night talking about rugby for an hour with the past 4 years, they might change up the programme a bit now, only so much of keith wood and brian o driscoll a man can listen to.

Where are you getting 4 out of 30, specifically the 30 from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Motivator wrote: »
    They don’t stand for the Irish national anthem, they mean sweet F A to me. They got their arses handed to them today by a proper team. The writing was on the wall for a long time with this crowd and they got humiliated from start to finish. Joe Schmuck out the door with his reputation in tatters in this country. There were grown men crying into their moustaches in gastro pubs and wine bars across Ireland today. EMBARRESSING

Unfortunate caps there. Pretty petty with the schmidt stuff too. I suppose are annoyed about positive reporting on stuff they don't like though. Is it just rugby or any sport without the reach and international interest that soccer has that gets your blood up.

Also the anthem stuff, what's the issue there, that the people from the UK on the team don't sing another country's anthem or something else? Its and issue that's easily explained to and understood by anyone willing to engage.

I really don't get the hate for a sport, personally played Gaelic soccer and rugby growing fine with all of them as sports. Would have concerns about governance with games but GAA and soccer would be higher up on that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Plenty of us play it as well as follow it so like and understand it just fine.

Put ball down on ground over specific line. Don't pass the ball forward.

It's hardly complicated loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

It's like as if the OP knew they were gonna lose. Perfect timing for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

It's like as if the OP knew they were gonna lose. Perfect timing for this thread.

I didn't want us to lose but after the poor performances in the group stage and after losing to Japan the writing was on the wall, not a chance were we going to beat NZ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Somebody should start a drinking world cup . I’d be up for the practising and it wouldn’t be all that embarrassing if ya feel flat on your ar$e at it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

blinding wrote: »
    Somebody should start a drinking world cup . I’d be up for the practising and it wouldn’t be all that embarrassing if ya feel flat on your ar$e at it .

As the Eimearnator says, "Unlucky lads"

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Imagine how miserable you have to be to want your own team to be beaten. Ffs

There not my team ... they don’t represent me.
    Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Yamanoto wrote: »
    There's a peculiar type of vindictive glee some angry blokes seem to reserve for losses suffered by the Irish rugby team.

Real neurotic type of stuff.
    Nah ... just hate them. Delighted they lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Rugby team ranked 4/30, soccer team ranked 28/210, funnily both exactly in the same position percentage wise as being in the top 13.33%,
    The rankings for world rugby has 105 countries, so I don't know where you came up the figure of 30. Maybe that's the number of countries that have ever qualified in the World Cup finals? If so, you can significantly down the 210 countries in the soccer stat.
    The fans let themselves down by booing during the Haka, you would have thought they would have been told when they were going to their private school that it's bad manners to do something like that.
    While it wasn't in the spirit of sportsmanship, the Haka is given way too much reverence, and itself is unsporting. Why is special important given to the Haka, especially when most of the All-Blacks aren't even Maori?

I'm not much of a rugby fan but it's a bit pathetic the way some people here wanted the Irish team to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭riddles

Rugby team ranked 4/30, soccer team ranked 28/210, funnily both exactly in the same position percentage wise as being in the top 13.33%, so maybe the media might start being a bit more positive about the soccer team and being a bit(alot)less positive about the rugby team, had enough of joe molloy and off the ball crew every night talking about rugby for an hour with the past 4 years, they might change up the programme a bit now, only so much of keith wood and brian o driscoll a man can listen to.

You listened to them for four years before you decided you had enough. I applaud your patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Rugby world rankings list 105 teams, not 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

While it wasn't in the spirit of sportsmanship, the Haka is given way too much reverence, and itself is unsporting. Why is special important given to the Haka, especially when most of the All-Blacks aren't even Maori?

I'm not much of a rugby fan but it's a bit pathetic the way some people here wanted the Irish team to lose.

The Haka is important to Maori culture, it wouldn't have killed them to keep their mouths shut for a few minutes while it was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,774 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The Haka is important to Maori culture, it wouldn't have killed them to keep their mouths shut for a few minutes while it was going on.

The anthems are for 'respect' to be shown...the Haka is a warlike challenge and a bit of marketing fun that people have reacted 'disrespectfully' to in different ways over the years. It's not biggie and I'd imagine NZ expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Fcuk them. It was a load of white lads dancing. If the Irish team started doing river dance would you expect respect or laughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Oh sorry, I didn't realise that when the Maori gods invented rugby, the Haka was intended as the ceremonial dance to focus their power against the enemy of their people. :rolleyes:

Its bad enough that Ireland bent over for them during the game never mind showing"respct" to the Haka before the game

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

It would have been disrespectful for the team to sign during the haka, but the crowd signing was a great response imo.
    I felt it really added something to the atmosphere. It let them know they were not alone in facing the challenge.

Of course it didn't seem to help the outcome.
    Wonder what would be the result if there were no handling errors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Hadn't listened to BOD in a long time but he has developed a seriously gay voice. Maybe it's always sounded like this.

Advertisement