Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for recommendations long weekend break Europe

• 18-10-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for long weekend break, 4 nights, in Europe in January or February. It's for two people who need a break away from the kids

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I would say Madrid. Not too far, cheap and when I was there in January 2017 it was 18 degrees one of the days. Loads to do and see

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Check out edinburgh. Beautiful city and plenty to do . Only a 45 min flight

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Bari. Cheap flights from Dublin and many thinghs to see around like Polignano a Mare, Matera, Castel del Monte etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

Portlaoise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Do you want a bit of heat, or no? If it's heat, I would recommend somewhere like Spain or Portugal. Porto is a great city, lots of things to do (if you want) or handy enough to just stroll around. Lisbon is supposed to be great too. Seville is a beautiful city, and have heard great things about Malaga. Elsewhere, you could try Rome or even Athens (long enough flight, but have been a few times, and would definitely go back).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

ewc78 wrote: »
    Portlaoise.

Think it might be too upmarket for us! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thanks for the suggestions. Think I'll go with some heat. I don't mind the snow and cold but I think my wife would prefer heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Jan or Feb aren't great times weather wise. If you pushed it to the end of Feb places like Seville might be getting some way warm. A lot of places will be cool in the morning and evening. Brightness is what you really want at that time of the year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

That time of the year I would go back to either Seville or Nice.
    If the weather does not oblige, they are lovely cities with plenty to see and do.

Advertisement